Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Do Devils still own Popa's NHL rights?

I'm bit confused why Popa would sign an AHL deal.

The standard is Devils sign Popa and then assign him to AHL.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Do Devils still own Popa's NHL rights?

I'm bit confused why Popa would sign an AHL deal.

The standard is Devils sign Popa and then assign him to AHL.

We still own his rights. I think the big reason for not wanting to sign him to an ELC would be that he hasn't "showed enough" to warrant taking up one of the 50 contract spots in the organization.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The small flickering playoff flame was extinguished tonight.

Thanks Ray for having around 5 Bing players up here.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Thought Johnson actually played okay, and I'm just about his biggest hater. None of the goals were his fault and he made a huge breakaway save in the 3rd. He's actually been decent his past two games.

Baddock and Popugaev on the fourth line together is enough to put someone to sleep. I actually kinda feel bad for Speers.

Murphy had a couple terrible giveaways, one leading directly to a goal, and the other was the breakaway Johnson stopped.

JQ has been good lately, looks much more engaged. Yakovlev keeps piling up the points.

Any playoff hopes this team might've had basically ended tonight. Been a while since we had a winning team around here, hope one of these years brings us one.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Popugaev might be the slowest skater I’ve seen in the AHL since goons were basically phased out.

What is the book on his skating? A slow skating Russian, not something you see a lot of, even if they're not considered a fast skater they usually can see move.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
What is the book on his skating? A slow skating Russian, not something you see a lot of, even if they're not considered a fast skater they usually can see move.

Only seeing him at prospects camp but he skates like he’s carrying an invisible man on his back.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Why can't he ever do that in the NHL?!:sarcasm:
Did you see how much time he had...at this stage of his development, the AHL is doing absolutely nothing for him. He needs to learn how to work and be successful at NHL speed.

He is a PPG player and scoring 15 goals in 28 contests...he really should be playing on the big team at this point.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

108 points in 129 AHL games .84 PPG on mostly really bad teams...use him or trade him at this point.

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Did you see how much time he had...at this stage of his development, the AHL is doing absolutely nothing for him. He needs to learn how to work and be successful at NHL speed.

He is a PPG player and scoring 15 goals in 28 contests...he really should be playing on the big team at this point.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
108 points in 129 AHL games .84 PPG on mostly really bad teams...use him or trade him at this point.

I'm sure he will get a chance again soon in an offensive top six role. There really is no reason not to for the Devils especially with this season being a lost cause by now.

Had he not been sick, he probably would be up here by now. The rest of this season will likely determine his future for the Devils. He really has shown nothing at the NHL level in multiple opportunities. If he can't put it together, Shero likely moves him for whatever he can get to give him a chance elsewhere.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sure he will get a chance again soon in an offensive top six role. There really is no reason not to for the Devils especially with this season being a lost cause by now.

Had he not been sick, he probably would be up here by now. The rest of this season will likely determine his future for the Devils. He really has shown nothing at the NHL level in multiple opportunities. If he can't put it together, Shero likely moves him for whatever he can get to give him a chance elsewhere.
I think he'll end up on waivers next September, there's really no call for a player like him in a trade, unless it's part of a bigger package.

I do think it's alright to give him another chance and I always thought he could be a decent NHL player (even though I've said for about a year it probably won't be here and that's not in high favor with management here as a prospect), but he's been invisible whenever he's up and outscored by terrible players like Rooney and Pietila and even Gabriel.

This doesn't mean those players are better than Quenneville, they certainly are not. It just means that Quenneville is likely not any good.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Laval 5 at Binghamton 2 - Status: In Progress (0:00 remaining in 3rd)
Saturday, February 16, 2019 - Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena

Laval 1 1 3 - 5
Binghamton 0 2 0 - 2

1st Period-1, Laval, Adams-Moisan 1 (Jevpalovs, Vejdemo), 17:35. Penalties-Belzile Lav (slashing), 10:16; Murphy Bng (tripping), 14:52; Alain Lav (slashing), 19:22.

2nd Period-2, Laval, Grenier 10 3:14. 3, Binghamton, Hammond 1 (Sharangovich, Saracino), 4:44. 4, Binghamton, Bastian 15 (McLeod), 6:33. Penalties-No Penalties

3rd Period-5, Laval, Vejdemo 7 (Jevpalovs, Alain), 6:45. 6, Laval, Belzile 13 (Chaput), 7:33. 7, Laval, Audette 10 (Ouellet), 19:17 (EN). Penalties-No Penalties

Shots on Goal-Laval 8-4-10-22. Binghamton 0-16-8-24.
Power Play Opportunities-Laval 0 / 1; Binghamton 0 / 2.
Goalies-Laval, McNiven 6-6-2 (24 shots-22 saves). Binghamton, Blackwood 8-7-1 (21 shots-17 saves).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bastian goal, 3 sog's. McLeod assist 2 sogs.

That duo continues to be fairly impressive.

Final Laval goal was an EN so Blackwood stopped 17 of 21.

B-dev's had zero shots in the first, and then 16 in the 2nd. The AHL is weird.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Bastian goal, 3 sog's. McLeod assist 2 sogs.

That duo continues to be fairly impressive.

Final Laval goal was an EN so Blackwood stopped 17 of 21.

B-dev's had zero shots in the first, and then 16 in the 2nd. The AHL is weird.

Looks like Bastian quietly has 15 goals on the season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
7 goals(1 assist) in his last 13. On 34 sog's.

McLeod with 9 points(1g-8a's) in his last 11 games. 23 points (3g's 20 a's) in his last 29. Would like to see those goal # increase, but he has been shooting more. 23 sog's in his last 11.

Pretty happy with some of the progress going on down there despite the rough season. Not their fault the team lacks D

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad