Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
McLeod and Bastian are slowly but surely putting together pretty good seasons. They're playing really well together and have positive +/- which is hard to do on a team that gave up 32 more goals than it scored. Maybe the Devils should think about recalling them as a tandem...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
McLeod and Bastian are slowly but surely putting together pretty good seasons. They're playing really well together and have positive +/- which is hard to do on a team that gave up 32 more goals than it scored. Maybe the Devils should think about recalling them as a tandem...
Hynes gave them each such a small leash(outside of Bastian getting some extra shifts after he dropped the gloves) that I wouldn't.

I also like the idea of these guys continuing to expand into the roles as on ice leaders at Bing.

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Boxscore breeze through of last nights game.

B-dev's outshot 34-28. But, after being outshot 26-17 through 2 periods, won the shot battle 11-8 in the third where they scored the game winner.

B-Dev's 1-4 on the PP, while killing 3 penalties against. B-Dev's was lousy on special teams through the first half of the year, but I think they have been much better in the last month or so.

McLeod with a goal, a +2, and 3 sog's. I'll look through this later but I feel he is getting more shots on goal of late.

Bastian a goal(PP) and assist(phantom assist on McLeod's goal) but also 3 sog's. Amongst the team leaders in this dept.

Tangradi a goal an assist 4 sog's. +2

Gignac. Zero points but 4 sog's.

Ramage 2 assists, Yak an assist.

White an assist on Bastian's pp goal. Just under a tick under a ppg on the season. I think he has maybe gotten his foot back in the prospect door.

Blackwood stops 32 of 34. .914 save % on the season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
In regards to McLeod and getting shots on goal.

18 shots in his last 8, so that is a clear improvement. During that stretch he has a 4 shot game, a 5 shot game, and last nights 3 shot game. As a comparison he had 19 shots in his previous 20 games, and he had not had a game with 3 or more shots during that span. On the season, previous to this stretch, he only had 2 games with 3 or more shots.

Now the shots over the last 8 have not led to many goals. Last nights was his first goal in 18 games. But he did have 6 assists in his last 8, so:

a)considering the points and the shots on goal this is probably the best stretch on his career thus far, and

b)if he continues to put shots on net the goals will come.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Some Bastian stats of encouragement.

He does lead the team in sog's for the season with 114 in 50 games(though in 8 more games then Pietila who has 109 in 41).

14-7-21 stat line.

However more recently.

3 game point streak including last nights 2 point game.

4 goals and 6 points in his last 6, 6 goals in last 10 games. 6 goals and 9 points in his last 12.

So scoring goals, and not by chance. Shots up during this span as well. 3 or more shots in 6 of his last 8 games, 24 total during that span. 34 shots in his last 13, including two 6 shot games.

He has only had one game in his last 31 with zero shots. 5 such games on the season. So 4 in his first 19 games, 1 in his last 32.

Consistency of play or more oppurtunity? I figure both. But even if the latter preceded the former, he has certainly taken advantage of the oppurtunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad