Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Devils scored as time expired but it didn’t count as they ruled the clock had just run out.

2-1 final.

Normally I’m upset after losses but this team played their ass off today. Completely dominated the Crunch in the 2nd and 3rd periods, in their own building which is probably the toughest place in the league to play. Just couldn’t get a lucky bounce.

Quenneville had his best game in a long time. He was buzzing everywhere.

Schneider looked serviceable.

Hopefully they can build off the effort.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lmao, Cory cant even get luck in the AHL when he puts in an ok game. Scoring as the clock runs out, ouch.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Does anyone have information on this Schnieder guy? Potential starter, career backup, AHL vet or glue factory?

Reactions: MichaelJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Does anyone have information on this Schnieder guy? Potential starter, career backup, AHL vet or glue factory?
Glue factory.

Both goals looked poor in his AHL game, despite only allowing 2 goals on 23 shots. First goal appeared to be caused by a giveaway from him behind the net about 90-100 seconds into the game. Second goal looked like it either went 5-hole or through the arms judging by the way it went in. Looked like he got a piece of it. He was in position and set for it too. Don’t count it as official though. AHL replays are very shoddy due to poor quality and the angles aren’t the best.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton 1 at Syracuse 2 - Status: Final
Monday, January 21, 2019 - Onondaga County War Memorial Arena
Binghamton 0 1 0 - 1
Syracuse 2 0 0 - 2

1st Period-1, Syracuse, Barre-Boulet 20 (Andreoff, Volkov), 1:24. 2, Syracuse, Gaunce 7 (Conacher, Foote), 19:44. Penalties-Gignac Bng (slashing), 7:17; Gryba Bng (high-sticking), 7:35; Colton Syr (tripping), 11:08.
2nd Period-3, Binghamton, Quenneville 10 (Kapla, Tangradi), 9:49 (PP). Penalties-Tangradi Bng (cross-checking), 1:03; Verhaeghe Syr (tripping), 7:51; Colton Syr (high-sticking), 15:04.
3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Quenneville Bng (elbowing), 8:51; Volkov Syr (hooking), 10:02.
Shots on Goal-Binghamton 2-4-14-20. Syracuse 9-11-3-23.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 1 / 4; Syracuse 0 / 4.
Goalies-Binghamton, Schneider 1-2-1 (23 shots-21 saves). Syracuse, Ouellette 1-0-0 (20 shots-19 saves).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
oh brother. the second goal was a backdoor pass to a wide open guy. first one was bad but come on

That wasn't as nice a play as it sounds typed out like that. It was a rolling puck through a bunch of guys AND he was able to get over there and get position. It's not like it was a bang bang play.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
I thought Schneider played really well and especially in the second period he looked strong. IMHO he seemed to be more comfortable than he did before his injury stint. But it was only one game, so we'll see what that means or it if means anything at all. Just hope they keep Cormier on board, because he could be a good one.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
How in the royal uckf does Quenneville snipe like that in the American League but you never see that from him in the bigs? It was the same thing with Reid Boucher. But he had more goals in the NHL.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
How in the royal uckf does Quenneville snipe like that in the American League but you never see that from him in the bigs? It was the same thing with Reid Boucher. But he had more goals in the NHL.

I'm only going to address JQ, as his confidence level is an issue. He might be a late bloomer, but it's been a difficult journey so far.

It's hard to address with the ample amount of opportunities that has presented itself for him from the big club.

Not really sure where to go next other than a possible trade in the making.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
My issue with JQ was that he never got a shot once Shero took over. Well 0 pts in 15 games sure as shit won’t keep you in the show.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
My issue with JQ was that he never got a shot once Shero took over. Well 0 pts in 15 games sure as **** won’t keep you in the show.

JQ never really showed enough to warrant keeping him up. Sure he had no points but he wasn't doing anything else. You can look at the other guys who they've plugged in who don't score but they're bringing some sort of other element that JQ never did.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Time and space. That was on in the PP in the AHL.

He wasn't getting PP time in NJ, but even if he did, he would not have that much room to get a clean shot off.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Glue factory.

Both goals looked poor in his AHL game, despite only allowing 2 goals on 23 shots. First goal appeared to be caused by a giveaway from him behind the net about 90-100 seconds into the game. Second goal looked like it either went 5-hole or through the arms judging by the way it went in. Looked like he got a piece of it. He was in position and set for it too. Don’t count it as official though. AHL replays are very shoddy due to poor quality and the angles aren’t the best.
I'd say neither looked poor. I'd like to see him stop the 2nd one, but the guy is wide open at the goal mouth.

And imo, in evaluating Schnied's I'm distinguishing between a mishandled puck, and a shot that needs to be stopped. Sure he mishandled the puck on the first goal, but that has nothing to do with the confidence I have in him possibly getting back to form.

Someone even said that first goal was a sign that he was still having trouble going post to post, but he got over, the shooter just went over the shoulder(or so it looked, agree the video quality makes it difficult to judge).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
JQ never really showed enough to warrant keeping him up. Sure he had no points but he wasn't doing anything else. You can look at the other guys who they've plugged in who don't score but they're bringing some sort of other element that JQ never did.

If he showed some of Seney’s tenacity he would stick.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
The American Hockey League today announced that Binghamton Devils forward John Quenneville has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of an elbowing incident in a game at Syracuse on Jan. 21.

Quenneville was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Binghamton’s game tonight (Jan. 23) at Rochester.

AHL announces suspension | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad