Prospect Info: 2018-19 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That doesn’t sound too bad considering his start.
It's always interesting to get these candid views of how the organization sees a player. I didn't realize they saw McLeod as that sort of in your face player ("Dog on a bone"). Hopefully they teach him enough to get him to NJ next season and contribute. It is a bit disappointing to hear that "production won't be a natural thing for him" but hopefully he maximizes what he is capable of and fits in to a middle six role in the NHL. If PZ can get by with good defense, great PK, and the odd point and still hang around the top six maybe McLeod can do more than that. Thanks for sharing this...

It doesn’t mean he won’t produce. It just means it won’t be easy for him, which we knew already. He doesn’t have an excellent shot or high playmaking vision to make scoring easy.

He has to work hard and use what tools he has to create changes, even if they are on the ugly side.

Reactions: Oneiro and My3Sons

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton 3 at Utica 5 - Status: Unofficial Final
Friday, January 18, 2019 - Adirondack Bank Center
Binghamton 2 0 1 - 3
Utica 2 1 2 - 5

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Gryba 2 0:21. 2, Utica, Lind 2 12:00. 3, Binghamton, Bastian 10 (White, McLeod), 16:46. 4, Utica, McEneny 5 (Boucher, Gaudette), 17:58. Penalties-Gryba Bng (roughing, roughing), 2:13; Woods Uti (roughing), 2:13; Gaudette Uti (tripping), 3:12; Tangradi Bng (goaltender interference), 3:22.
2nd Period-5, Utica, Gaunce 13 (MacEwen, Brisebois), 19:21. Penalties-Jacobs Bng (high-sticking), 5:37.
3rd Period-6, Utica, Woods 2 (Gadjovich, McEneny), 2:20. 7, Utica, Bancks 2 (McEneny, Darcy), 4:26. 8, Binghamton, Saracino 2 (Baddock, Jacobs), 7:03. Penalties-Brisebois Uti (cross-checking), 10:36.
Shots on Goal-Binghamton 11-10-11-32. Utica 12-13-6-31.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 1; Utica 0 / 3.
Goalies-Binghamton, Johnson 6-9-1 (31 shots-26 saves). Utica, Kulbakov 10-7-3 (32 shots-29 saves).

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Binghamton 3 at Utica 5 - Status: Unofficial Final
Friday, January 18, 2019 - Adirondack Bank Center
Binghamton 2 0 1 - 3
Utica 2 1 2 - 5

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Gryba 2 0:21. 2, Utica, Lind 2 12:00. 3, Binghamton, Bastian 10 (White, McLeod), 16:46. 4, Utica, McEneny 5 (Boucher, Gaudette), 17:58. Penalties-Gryba Bng (roughing, roughing), 2:13; Woods Uti (roughing), 2:13; Gaudette Uti (tripping), 3:12; Tangradi Bng (goaltender interference), 3:22.
2nd Period-5, Utica, Gaunce 13 (MacEwen, Brisebois), 19:21. Penalties-Jacobs Bng (high-sticking), 5:37.
3rd Period-6, Utica, Woods 2 (Gadjovich, McEneny), 2:20. 7, Utica, Bancks 2 (McEneny, Darcy), 4:26. 8, Binghamton, Saracino 2 (Baddock, Jacobs), 7:03. Penalties-Brisebois Uti (cross-checking), 10:36.
Shots on Goal-Binghamton 11-10-11-32. Utica 12-13-6-31.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 1; Utica 0 / 3.
Goalies-Binghamton, Johnson 6-9-1 (31 shots-26 saves). Utica, Kulbakov 10-7-3 (32 shots-29 saves).

They are not going to win games with Johnson

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Crunch-Devils game postponed

January 19, 2019
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League has announced that tonight’s game between the Syracuse Crunch and the Binghamton Devils (AHL #617), scheduled to be played at the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena in Binghamton, N.Y., has been postponed due to inclement weather.
The game has been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 26, at 7:05 p.m. ET

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Speers left the game about two minutes in last night and didn't return. Got taken into the boards hard on a clean hit. Had to be helped off the ice.

Can't believe I traveled a couple hours to watch that team. NJ fans, please tell me there's some help on the horizon because this team is painful at times.

I definitely know I can't do another year of Cam Johnson. Guy is terrible.

Reactions: mmazz22

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Speers left the game about two minutes in last night and didn't return. Got taken into the boards hard on a clean hit. Had to be helped off the ice.

Can't believe I traveled a couple hours to watch that team. NJ fans, please tell me there's some help on the horizon because this team is painful at times.

There will be help on the way next season for sure.

Lou Conte left the organization with a barren prospects pipeline

Ray Castron is rebuilding it.

Be prepared for guys here to argue with you regarding Johnson, even though they have never watched him play.

Reactions: My3Sons and ek93

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

its the defense. The forwards, when all there, are a pretty good AHL core.

Next year you could see any of Walsh, Davies, Boqvist, etc coming into Bingo

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
its the defense. The forwards, when all there, are a pretty good AHL core.

Next year you could see any of Walsh, Davies, Boqvist, etc coming into Bingo
Yeah, defense and special teams has been garbage. Goaltending hasn't been great either, but Blackwood and Cormier at least look competent with the same defense in front of them.

Thanks for the info though, as a Sabre fan I'm not too familiar with the NJ organization beyond what's in Bingo. :cheers:

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Yeah, defense and special teams has been garbage. Goaltending hasn't been great either, but Blackwood and Cormier at least look competent with the same defense in front of them.

Thanks for the info though, as a Sabre fan I'm not too familiar with the NJ organization beyond what's in Bingo. :cheers:
I think Bings suffers from the fact that all of the devils decent defense prospects are playing in college (Davies and Walsh) or still in Juniors (Smith who is the clear cut best of the bunch).

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
How many prospects are turning pro after this season? And how could bing lineup look like?

Aren’t we gonna trade some prospects away to fit all of them or do the rest get sent down to ECHL

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
How many prospects are turning pro after this season? And how could bing lineup look like?

Aren’t we gonna trade some prospects away to fit all of them or do the rest get sent down to ECHL

Other than Davies on defense you also have Chainey playing in the Quebec league who is in his +2 season. I’m skeptical they will sign WALSH this offseason. The two Swedes are probably under consideration also. They also have the Swiss goalie coming over next season. Could be a number of guys but might be only a handful. They can always let a couple of vets go and let JQ Pietila and Lappin full those roles. It also wouldn’t shock me if Seney and ANDERSON are back in Binghamton to start next season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I think the best hope for improvement is the maturation of the guys on the roster.

Q, McLeod, Gignac, Bastian, Stud's, Sharangovich, White, Jacobs Sissons. That really is your core right there, and all these guys are 22 or younger. Couple of those guys are becoming legit AHL vet's like Q and Jacobs. The rest of those guys will be entering their 2nd AHL season.

And yeah, pushing Cam Johnson down the depth chart. Cormier looks promising, Senn is coming over and you might even get to see Cory down there, though that may not be a good thing for Bing.

Reactions: bodda

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Other than Davies on defense you also have Chainey playing in the Quebec league who is in his +2 season. I’m skeptical they will sign WALSH this offseason. The two Swedes are probably under consideration also. They also have the Swiss goalie coming over next season. Could be a number of guys but might be only a handful. They can always let a couple of vets go and let JQ Pietila and Lappin full those roles. It also wouldn’t shock me if Seney and ANDERSON are back in Binghamton to start next season.
Ya, Anderson is another option for sure(I think Seney will stay in NJ) and you are right on Davies as well, who despite being a first year pro will turn 23 next december, I figure he'll be in the AHL to start the year.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Well, it's already January, I see you write a blog for the team (and it's always a good/informative read, keep up the good work),
I suggest that you read up on the NJD prospect pipeline as it would only increase your knowledge of the organization and more than likely help out your blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad