2018-19 AHL contracts

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

Can’t remember the last time I saw a 3 year AHL contract

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing. Would someone have made a mistake and that's really an ELC with the Wings?

His contract ends in 2021, so in practical terms it's more like a ATO + 2 years than a full 3-year contract.

I only recall seeing a 3-year deal once at the AHL level and it was last year when the San Jose Barracuda signed Thomas Grégoire.

Medias from Quebec reported the signing as a 3-year deal while the Barracuda's press release only stated that it was a multi-year contract.
------------------------------------------------

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I have a quick AHL Calder Cup playoff player eligibility question. Alexandre Texier signed a ELC with the Columbus Blue Jacket's last season. This season he played in Finland on loan to his Liiga team Kalpa. So, he was in Finland on an ELC at the NHL trade deadline. Once Kalpa didn't make the playoffs, Columbus sent him to AHL Cleveland Monsters as of 3/22/19. He's had 5 AHL points in 4 games so far. Curious if he is eligible for the Calder Cup Playoffs as he was in Europe at the time on an ELC and sent to Cleveland once his season ended?

lgs093

Dec 15, 2016
I have a quick AHL Calder Cup playoff player eligibility question. Alexandre Texier signed a ELC with the Columbus Blue Jacket's last season. This season he played in Finland on loan to his Liiga team Kalpa. So, he was in Finland on an ELC at the NHL trade deadline. Once Kalpa didn't make the playoffs, Columbus sent him to AHL Cleveland Monsters as of 3/22/19. He's had 5 AHL points in 4 games so far. Curious if he is eligible for the Calder Cup Playoffs as he was in Europe at the time on an ELC and sent to Cleveland once his season ended?

Don't quote me on this but I do believe that playoff eligibility is the same as a junior player and he is eligible for AHL playoffs. However, after his early success in the AHL and the Jackets recent struggles, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a look with the big club before the regular season ends. He's proven he can adjust quickly at every level he has played and could potential give the 4th line a little more punch versus Hannikainen or Sedlak.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

The have released forward Hugo Roy from his professional try-out contract (PTO) and signed him to a three-year American Hockey League deal through the 2020-21 season.
Signed to a PTO on February 20, Roy played three games with the Admirals, making his professional debut and earning an assist on February 27 at Texas.

Confirmed PTOs
Bakersfield : Jakob Stukel*
Binghamton : Desmond Bergin, Nick Sorkin
Chicago : Reid Petryk
Colorado : Kale Kessy
Hartford : Greg Chase, Matt Register, Terrance Wallin
Iowa : Riley Bourbonnais
Laval : Joe Cox, Thomas Ebbing, Alex Kile, Marco Roy
Manitoba : Hunter Fejes, Émile Poirier, Ryan White
Milwaukee : Joe Pendenza, Scott Savage
Ontario : Cliff Watson, Craig Wyszomirski
Rockford : Nick Moutrey, Dmitry Osipov
San Antonio : Mark Cooper, Ryan Tesink
Springfield : Alex Breton, Alex Sakellaropoulos
Stockton : John McCarron, Scott Sabourin
Toronto : Tom Sestito
Tucson : Akim Aliu
Utica : Matt PetGrave, Colton Saucerman, Dyson Stevenson
*Released on March 22, re-signed on March 26.

Added : Reid Petryk (Chicago), Greg Chase (Hartford), Thomas Ebbing (Laval), Ryan Tesink (San Antonio)

Released : Sam Kurker (Binghamton/7GP 1-1-2), Greg Wolfe (Cleveland/4GP 0-0-0), Michael Doherty (Providence/9GP 0-0-0), Jared VanWormer (Stockton/1GP 0-0-0)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad