GDT: 2017 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship - Chabot vs White for Gold TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canada definitely looks vastly improved over last year's weak team. Two straight shutouts is impressive, and tonight they stayed out of the box - discipline is often an issue for Canada in international play, (it was a huge problem last year) and it's good to see that this coaching staff is on top of it.

Hate to use the F word, but it looks like Canada might be the favorite going in...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
For those watching, how has Chabot looked? I don't care all that much about points. How does he look defensively? Is he being a leader out there (making plays, directing traffic, calming down the team and holding onto the puck when the team needs it, etc)? How about his skating?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For those watching, how has Chabot looked? I don't care all that much about points. How does he look defensively? Is he being a leader out there (making plays, directing traffic, calming down the team and holding onto the puck when the team needs it, etc)? How about his skating?

Well I don't think last night was a great measuring stick. No one was really going full tilt.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Was he even able to play? He's had an injured wrist since like October.

Not sure, haven't followed Team USA at all, just saw the tweet.

Also Debrincat was released, was he not on the team last year? How often does that happen, where a guy gets cut after playing the year before?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Played yesterday. Didn't do much.

Apparently Tanner Laczynski, Flyers 2016 6th rounder has shown more.

Yeah I don't know. This is team USA. They're so lost. Debrincat is absolutely destroying his peers in the OHL right now. He should be on the team.

As for brown. Really not surprised. I don't care that he's not in form. This kid is a giant with hands and speed. And he's getting cut. Personally I'm dissapointed.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Not too worried about Brown.

US camp is well known for conditioning. I highly doubt Brown was able to get into game shape. Not surprised people were playing better. That's 5 weeks without playing a game.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
5 weeks for these guys isn't much...

Brown was scoring at a torid pace thanks to PP points early in the season but it doesn't seem like he has really been in top form all year.

I would say injury aside he hasn't been quite as I would have hoped in his post draft year.

Not saying bust or bad pick or anything just saYing even if he was healthy not sure he would have made USA squad.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Played yesterday. Didn't do much.

Apparently Tanner Laczynski, Flyers 2016 6th rounder has shown more.

Yeah I don't know. This is team USA. They're so lost. Debrincat is absolutely destroying his peers in the OHL right now. He should be on the team.

As for brown. Really not surprised. I don't care that he's not in form. This kid is a giant with hands and speed. And he's getting cut. Personally I'm dissapointed.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
A guy who's been injured I can understand, but how do you cut the OHL goals leader... Makes no sense.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Very steady and solid. He is playing with Myers who is good, but has been taking chances .. Chabot is keeping the game in front of him

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A guy who's been injured I can understand, but how do you cut the OHL goals leader... Makes no sense.

Because he was terrible in last years WJC, was terrible at the Summer Camp, and was terrible in the December camp.

Brown was expected, for myself at least. Guys that miss that much time from injury usually do not get to play in the WJC.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Team USA is deep up front. Brown not playing for a month hurt his chances. Debrincat did not impress in camp apparently and he had a poor WJC showing last year so not that big of a surprise for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad