GDT: 2017 World Junior Ice Hockey Championship - Chabot vs White for Gold TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jost - Strome - Raddysh
Steel - Barzal - Gauthier
Dubois - Roy - Stephens
Howden - McLeod - Senyshyn
Speers

Chabot- Juulsen
Lauzon- Myers
Bean- Fabbro
Girard

Not sure about the make up of the lines but I think we can be competitive. We need better coaching than we had last year.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Most boring Canadian team in years.

Chabot must be dominant

I watched Chabot play in Gatineau last Sunday. His skating was off the charts and he had a PP goal and a nice pinch that led to a goal but his coach didn't put him on the ice in the last five mins when they were protecting the lead. He'll be a fun guy to watch going forward.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We need better coaching than we had last year.

That shouldn't be hard. Dave Lowry was in about 18 feet over his head coaching at the international level - why Hockey Canada appointed him was a complete mystery to me. His kids took one bad penalty after another and there was zero cohesion whatsoever. He never could figure out how to get the best out of his kids or who to play with whom. I'd actually like to see Tom Renney himself coaching the team, as he "gets" international hockey, but as mentioned a couple of well trained chimps opening and closing the gates would achieve a better result than we had last year...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Canadian roster is...underwhelming. Could win gold....could finish out of the medals. Coaching is going to be key.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I am super excited for this tourney. Super excited to watch Colin White potentially captain team USA.

We have a prospect playing a major role in almost all of the major teams in the tourney.

Chabot should be number 1 D for Canada
White will be their top C, possible Captain and Logan Brown will be 3rd line C
Dahlen will be on Sweden's top 2 lines and important scorer for them
Chlapik will likely center Czech's second line

AHL will also provide depth scoring role for Sweden

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Gonna watch it again this year. Took 3 years off from it. Too many of our prospects to watch.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Canadian roster is...underwhelming. Could win gold....could finish out of the medals. Coaching is going to be key.

It does not have the huge hype names but we have both the OHL and WHL points leaders. I agree Coaching will be a key. I like that there are no clear expectations for gold and that there seems to be less politics for top 2 line ice time. The players will need to buy in to different roles as usual to be successful

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Well, they beat that U Sports All-Star team 5-3 yesterday, and some players who didn't play yesterday, get to play them this afternoon for the rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad