2017 Training Camp Discussion

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Looks like we lost a bunch of posts from the last couple of days. Anyway, OEL is going to be skating soon and Etem is on waivers.
Awesome to hear OEL is skating again already. Hopefully we don't rush him back. Etem should be a good AHLer if he doesn't get claimed.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Etem was waived.... if he clears he can go to Tucson.

Oh I just meant from the main roster. Not surprised he got sent down/waived since Kempe seems to out played him for that spot for now. He definitely would be a solid AHL player for us, I think.

Also, those predictions would be a bit brutal to the Yotes too because of the whole missing playoffs by only one point thing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If I’m watching meaningful hockey past February I would be ecstatic. I don’t care if we make the playoffs or not but if we are in it that late in the season I’d consider it a success

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Oh I just meant from the main roster. Not surprised he got sent down/waived since Kempe seems to out played him for that spot for now. He definitely would be a solid AHL player for us, I think.

Also, those predictions would be a bit brutal to the Yotes too because of the whole missing playoffs by only one point thing.
Not brutal at all. We're winning the draft lottery.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Without actually going through the effort of adding it all up, those point totals and records look pretty inflated. As in, the wins and losses just don't add up since if a team wins a game, obviously another team has to lose.

Yeah. Probably projecting based on a model of some sort which doesn't account for the league as a whole. It did say "semi-scientific" after all :dunce:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Without actually going through the effort of adding it all up, those point totals and records look pretty inflated. As in, the wins and losses just don't add up since if a team wins a game, obviously another team has to lose.

Nope, it checks out. 1271 wins, 932 losses, 339 OTL. 31 teams x 41 home games = 1271. So except for accounting for the number of times teams play each other, it seems legit. That aspect anyway.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nope, it checks out. 1271 wins, 932 losses, 339 OTL. 31 teams x 41 home games = 1271. So except for accounting for the number of times teams play each other, it seems legit. That aspect anyway.

The point totals are what look out of whack to me. There have been years where the lower end teams are higher in points, but it's pretty rare there aren't a couple-three teams in the 60's or less.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
If I’m watching meaningful hockey past February I would be ecstatic. I don’t care if we make the playoffs or not but if we are in it that late in the season I’d consider it a success

No kidding. If we miss out by 1 point in the last week it will have been vuvuzela time.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The point totals are what look out of whack to me. There have been years where the lower end teams are higher in points, but it's pretty rare there aren't a couple-three teams in the 60's or less.

No doubt he's clustered everyone around the middle more than one would expect, but that's just the behavior of someone 'hedging his bets' - most teams not too high nor too low

edit: well, except us, of course...

Reactions: SniperHF

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Josh Anderson maybe did (or didn’t) request a trade out of CBJ...he shoots right and he seems to score against us pretty often. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think that's a waste of time. They should cut him and send him to Tucson. At best he's what Lauri Korpikoski ended up.

I'd rather have him in the bottom six doing what Korpi did than have to put a kid on the grind line because there's no room for him anywhere else. Plus, he's a lot cheaper than Korpi was.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Anyone else get the email about the opening night "Red Carpet Party"? Nothing like a dog and pony show to get the players mentally focused on the game. So. Much. Cringe.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Anyone else get the email about the opening night "Red Carpet Party"? Nothing like a dog and pony show to get the players mentally focused on the game. So. Much. Cringe.

It's been on Twitter all day..... :wg:

It's for the fans. And it's four hours prior to puck drop. Plenty of time for some back hallway soccer before game time.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Hey I really want to see what domi is going to wear on the red carpet! :sarcasm:

Also I found the smiley section, lord help us all. :darth::yoda::stanley:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad