2017 Training Camp Discussion

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Just got home from the game.

Strome looked awful. He needs to go to Tucson its not even in question.

Stepan
Dvorak
Richardson
Cousins

Not ideal but both Richie and Cousins looked better than Strome.

Geez...that's too bad. I've seen him since his minor hockey days in the GTHL and have always been a supporter...but the last couple of seasons I've been waiting for his game to kick up...in particular his skating. Hopefully he works it out soon.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Geez...that's too bad. I've seen him since his minor hockey days in the GTHL and have always been a supporter...but the last couple of seasons I've been waiting for his game to kick up...in particular his skating. Hopefully he works it out soon.

I'm not giving up on the kid. Bigger kids have a tendency to take longer to develop.

Fischer looks ready, Keller looks ready (eating crow on this one). Strome does NOT look ready by any means.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Stepan
Dvorak
Richardson
Cousins

Not ideal but both Richie and Cousins looked better than Strome.

eT1cUDA.png

Price of living in Gilbert as a Coyotes fan? :P

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Awful? Bland perhaps, relatively ineffective - yes, but awful's a bit strong. It was one game of mediocrity w/o production. Based on last night, I agree that he and the team would be best served in Tucson, but I Doan think I'm willing to rule that decision as obvious any more than I would concerning Duclair (whom I've yet to be impressed by this camp) at this point.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Cant comment on how Strome has performed in pre season (have not seen any highlights ) but get used to him being "bland". That is a large part of his game. He is a cerebral player that will rarely cause you to get excited by his play. His skating will always look worse than it is. He is one of those players that does not seem to do much but ends up with 2 points at the end of the game.

I hope Tocchet finds the right linemates for him that allow him to play his game at the NHL level.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Opening night?

Domi-Stepan-Keller
Perlini-Dvorak-Duclair
Nook-Richardson-Rieder
Crouse-Cousins-Fischer

They've had Martinook lined up at C in preseason so far. I think he plays C and Cousins plays wing in a situation where Strome doesn't make the team.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
They've had Martinook lined up at C in preseason so far. I think he plays C and Cousins plays wing in a situation where Strome doesn't make the team.

I can live with Martinook as 4C. If there is an injury bring up Strome and keep Marti stapled to the 4th line. He shouldn't be playing as a center in the top 9 .

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Hanley and Sislo on waivers

Hanley was great I thought. Very physical and decent positioning. Hopefully a sign that OEL and Chychrun aren't severely injured. Hanley is better than Connauton at least. I imagine the my would have kept the guy if they were concerned about injuries.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

They're both better Wingers than Centers. In fact, they aren't any good at Center. If they don't wanna keep Latta, MacInnis or Strome then they should sign or trade for somebody else. Preferably a righty who can do some damage and play PK.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Mitchell Callahan would be great for the Coyotes 4th line. Hits everything that moves, fights and even has decent hands. Great guy and leader as well. Since he's a righty, I'd give it a shot.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm guessing after the Monday game in Tucson vs. the Ducks we'll see some major cuts. Usually they do one big one to sent down to the AHL and the Roadrunner's first preseason game is on the 29th. I figured Hanley was here on account of Jon Slaney. Hanley played for the Pirates in 2015 and Slaney is the only coach left over from that era.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm guessing after the Monday game in Tucson vs. the Ducks we'll see some major cuts. Usually they do one big one to sent down to the AHL and the Roadrunner's first preseason game is on the 29th. I figured Hanley was here on account of Jon Slaney. Hanley played for the Pirates in 2015 and Slaney is the only coach left over from that era.

Am I the only one who thinks that the guy was great though? Only one game (or two periods before the stream went black^^) but he was very good while playing with a terrible lineup against what was almost the Flames A-team. In my view, Hanley, Mayo and Demers (only on the right side) were the standouts on defense.

CoyotesFan18

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Is Kevin Ekman-Larrson still on the roster? If so, is he actually showing promise of are we just keeping him around to please OEL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
How has Wood looked for you guys, any chance he makes the roster?

Little coverage so far. But from what I saw and read he wasn't all that good. Played some bad rookie games as well..Mayo on the other side was mostly pretty impressive. No idea why they would send Mayo down and keep Wood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad