Speculation: 2017 Trade Deadline Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Who's agreeing with you? :confused:

They would have 100% drafted Samsonov with that pick. Murray basically said so. And like everyone else has said we'd be further away.

But let's keep talking about that trade two years later that can never be undone. :deadhorse

No matter when you discuss things, there's always someone upset with your timing. It's either too early or too late, or the player just had a streak that was too hot or too cold, or Tuesday just makes you cranky.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Can we continue complaining about that Stu Barnes trade?

How about that darn LaFontaine one?

Oh don't get me going about that Mike Foligno trade!

Rabble Rabble Rabble!

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
The defending Stanley Cup Champs are forced to play Chad Ruhwedel. They waived Fehr today. I don't see them not being a possible destination for Kulikov. Hoping we can squeeze a first in return.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
So who we trading away tomorrow? Kulikov and Franson?

Kulikov will get a 2nd round pick, maybe as high as a conditional 1st if conference finals. He's been terrible this season.
Franson I can see also getting a 2nd round pick, he's been decent this year.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Good return on Hansen for the Canucks. A recent late-1st round pick in his second pro year in NA currently playing well in the AHL (41 pts in 46 games). Give credit where it's due, Benning has turned Burrows and Hansen into Goldobin, Dahlen, and a conditional 4th. (EDIT: That pick can become a 1st if the Sharks win the Cup. Hot damn. Benning took DW to the woodshed on this one.)

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It has been a great trade deadline buildup with the trades so far, and judging by the waiver list, tomorrow looks to be busy ad well.

Still holding out hope Anaheim has witnessed the arms race and had decided to act, in a big way.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Ott to the Habs. Brings me back to the first lockout when Ott played for Hamilton and he was running around like an idiot. That Hamilton team was a mix of Stars and Habs prospects, and included the likes of Sabre-killer Chris Higgins, Trevor Daley, Ott, Ron Hainsey, Mike Komisarek, and Andrei Kostitsyn. Rochester, of course, had Vanek, Roy, Poms, Goose, Miller, et al. and swept in Hamilton in four.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Jesus Benning has killed it with those returns. In a vacuum Kulikov should be worth more then Burrows or Hansen, I wonder if we get a 1st or even a 1st+. I mean what Hansen returned was nuts.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Leafs need dmen - would like to get Nielsen or Grundstrom from them for Franson or Kulikov. I don't want draft picks.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
There are few sellers and a lot of teams still in it. Kulikov as a whole is a proven top 4 guy, his play this year isn't altering his trade value that drastically. Saying he isn't worth much at all is just false, I'd bet whatever he returns a 2nd at minimum.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I love it. Anaheim fans who cursed the very mention of Evader Jane's name are now over in there boards trade deadline thread coming to the realization their star players are platueaing age wise and the next couple of years may be it. All of a sudden Kane is needed, but at a cheap price of course because he's not a star lol: D

If Bryan Murray wants Kane, its going to cost more than Vatanen. And we'll end up eating 50% salary so I see a bigger deal here. Franson, Ennis, Kane 50% retained for a nice return.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I love it. Anaheim fans who cursed the very mention of Evader Jane's name are now over in there boards trade deadline thread coming to the realization their star players are platueaing age wise and the next couple of years may be it. All of a sudden Kane is needed, but at a cheap price of course because he's not a star lol: D

Bryan Murray wants Kane, its going to cost more than Vatanen. And we'll end up eating 50% salary so I see a bigger deal here. Franson, Ennis, Kane 50% retained for a nice return.

Bryan Murray retired last year. And are you talking about the Sabres or the Senators ? There GM is Pierre Dorion?

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Id be supremely happy if kulikov returned a 2nd and franson a 3rd. I only expect one to move.

Maybe we will get a surprise hockey trade

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Id be supremely happy if kulikov returned a 2nd and franson a 3rd. I only expect one to move.

Maybe we will get a surprise hockey trade

I am really hoping Murray can pull a Darcy and offer Franson and a 2nd for a 1st.

Murray pulls off something like that I will be shocked and happy. We can flip that first with Kane and get a number two defender in here and solidify that defense.

ende

Dec 12, 2005
So who we trading away tomorrow? Kulikov and Franson?

Kulikov will get a 2nd round pick, maybe as high as a conditional 1st if conference finals. He's been terrible this season.
Franson I can see also getting a 2nd round pick, he's been decent this year.

Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad