Speculation: 2017 Trade Deadline Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
where are we in the waiver order right now? thinking Jokipakka will be gone by then

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's a very good deal for the Amerks. Probably too late, but Bodie's a very good AHL d-man. Captain of the Wolf Pack, very good puck skills.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'd rather see prospects and/or roster players coming back for rentals as opposed to picks - unless of course they are used later for this.

Also, is the possibility that Murray may be honoring Gionta's wish not to be traded mean that he will give him another contract?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Once upon a time Cody Franson was traded at deadline time for a 1st in the elite 2015 draft. Would be amazing if Murray pulled another 1st for him but I'd expect a 2nd or a 3rd+prospect.

The 1st round pick that was traded for Franson turned out to be Travis Konecny....I know Philly ended up with that pick but deadline time can turn GMs temporarily insane...a prospect the caliber of Konecny for 15-20 Reg season games and playoffs?

You mean like Hasek for Kozlov?

That was in the off season, and Hasek actually dictated who could be dealt off the Wings roster. You know this. But still Darcy should have held out for multiple 1st round picks or imagine if he had the foresight to ask for a young player at the time named Henrik Zetterberg.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Once upon a time Cody Franson was traded at deadline time for a 1st in the elite 2015 draft. Would be amazing if Murray pulled another 1st for him but I'd expect a 2nd or a 3rd+prospect.

The 1st round pick that was traded for Franson turned out to be Travis Konecny....I know Philly ended up with that pick but deadline time can turn GMs temporarily insane...a prospect the caliber of Konecny for 15-20 Reg season games and playoffs?

That was in the off season, and Hasek actually dictated who could be dealt off the Wings roster. You know this. But still Darcy should have held out for multiple 1st round picks or imagine if he had the foresight to ask for a young player at the time named Henrik Zetterberg.

Franson for a first would be impressive salesmanship. I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for Hasek, he told Regier he'd retire if he took the Blues package which was the better deal and would weaken the team Hasek was going to more. Regier had very little leverage and tried to get what he could.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Franson for a first would be impressive salesmanship. I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for Hasek, he told Regier he'd retire if he took the Blues package which was the better deal and would weaken the team Hasek was going to more. Regier had very little leverage and tried to get what he could.

Oh I have no delusions of grandeur that Murray will return a first for Franson, even with the draft being poor. I'd be very happy with a 2nd. Maybe if anything Murray can get a conditional first, if said team makes the conference finals. But like I said a straight second will be sufficient.

And chain do you know what the rumored Blues offer was? I'm trying to think of summer 2001 of what could possibly have been involved for Hasek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad