GDT: 2017 Trade Deadline Bonanza - All Trades & Info Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Steve Zipay‏Verified account @stevezipay 3m3 minutes ago

Wonder if Jeff Gorton now shifts to see if he can squeeze Faulk outta Carolina?

Now that would be something.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Orlov is a left hand shot so he could slide in there.

Trots loves him some Orpik though. If he sits him he'll be doing what AV will never be able to do.

I know he's a lefty shot but it's really tough to move guys around like that...even though Holden supposedly plays both sides he struggles when AV moves him around. It takes awhile to get used to it and realistically guys are better at playing one side or the other.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Steve Zipay‏Verified account @stevezipay 3m3 minutes ago

Wonder if Jeff Gorton now shifts to see if he can squeeze Faulk outta Carolina?

Now that would be something.

I don't even know how that would work

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
His positioning is an underrated part of his game too. Yeah, he occasionally takes himself out of position, but most of the time he's very solid.

We don't need to get into another toughness conversation. I believe it does good for team cohesion. Others don't.

Oh I agree, I just think there's often a misunderstanding as far as who's actually adding that.

Like Tanner Glass, who I don't think has ever hit anyone with the puck.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Where did the Faulk stuff start?

He's been rumored to be made available, but not actively shopped. Teams have called. Rangers have not been mentioned by name. Can say that we do have a chemistry with developing trades with them; there is a loose connection.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
no chance Miller goes without Doughty coming back from LA. If Gorton deals Miller I may lose it...actually..I will lose it. Faulk or Trouba better be the return.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I can't imagine what it would even cost to get Faulk. Carolina needs offense, so you have to imagine it'd cost one of Kreider, Mika, Miller, or Stepan.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
More likely he realizes that adding Shattenkirk isn't going to be the magic bullet that fixes our defense.

True. It's a combo of adding Shattenkirk + another top 4 defenseman, then removing both Staal and Girardi...

Really hope they approach those two about their NMCs. Especially girardi--he will help us satisfy the expansion draft requirements and of Vegas takes him he won't lose the 1/3 of his remaining salary which is $3.33 out of $13M starting next season.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
His positioning is an underrated part of his game too. Yeah, he occasionally takes himself out of position, but most of the time he's very solid.

We don't need to get into another toughness conversation. I believe it does good for team cohesion. Others don't.

i dont disagree, as long as that toughness is attached to a good player, like lucic, maroon, or ferland for example

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
I have a hard time trading Miller for anything at this point.

Nash and the Kings does make some sense but I am somewhat surprised we'd trade any of the forwards.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers are lacking right hand shots at F. Toffoli is a proven young player, give to get.

Toffoli is RFA this summer, and he hasn't produced as well this year. His salary is 3.9 mil this year. He will get 5 mil on a long term deal this summer. No reason to trade Miller for him.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Toffoli is RFA this summer, and he hasn't produced as well this year. His salary is 3.9 mil this year. He will get 5 mil on a long term deal this summer. No reason to trade Miller for him.

that'd be the most nonsensical make a trade for the sake of it type of a trade.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Now we're spinning yarn :laugh:" Stepan + for Faulk. Miller for Shattenkirk. Call it a night and come back tomorrow with some more trades to talk about.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'd hate to lose any of these guys but if one has to go, I hope it Stepan.

Ok, but be warned when you're screaming your head off and ripping your hair out at Hayes and Mika blowing coverage and missing backchecks for the next 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad