2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Matt Law is saying that Chelsea have been in talks with Barkley, but he is unsure. So, possible that it's not dead. Conte probably has to assure a role and playing time, but I don't see where much playing time realistically fits.

Pretty funny that Barkley is taking awhile to make a decision though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lemar would have been a great addition. But I'm more pissed that we didn't get a CB. Matip is good but Lovren and Klavan aren't good enough. And both Matip and Lovren missed a lot of games last season and are probably likely to do so again, we are doomed in that area. Also would have prefered a CDM

Liverpool had the money and didn't spend it. It's unbelievable that they let Lemar off the hook. Next summer he is going to be worth at least 150m. I am honestly more devastated about Lemar than Virgil. They will have another chance for Virgil and it's they fault for not having an alternative. All Liverpool had to do to get Lemar was increase their bid by the Sakho money. Of course this all came after Joyce said they were ready to spend 175m today. What a joke.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Daddy Drinkwater has arrived for his medical.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Daddy Drinkwater has arrived for his medical.

Get Drinkwater and Zappacosta and it would be an acceptable window. For the small difference in prices between Matic and Drinkwater, it was not worth selling Matic, even if he wasn't going to extend his contract.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
No question. It was beyond stupid.

So is Costa staying? Like wtf lol.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Liverpool had the money and didn't spend it. It's unbelievable that they let Lemar off the hook. Next summer he is going to be worth at least 150m. I am honestly more devastated about Lemar than Virgil. They will have another chance for Virgil and it's they fault for not having an alternative. All Liverpool had to do to get Lemar was increase their bid by the Sakho money. Of course this all came after Joyce said they were ready to spend 175m today. What a joke.

I agree with you, foolish to not add the extra millions if the reports of what Liverpool actually offered is true. Specially since they must have know no CB was going to arrive.

But I can't for my life understand how they are thinking going in to the season with Champions League games on the line with Matip, Lovren, Klavan and Gomez on that position. I mean you doesn't even have to pay that much to get an upgrade from Lovren and Klavan

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If Spurs want to win the league, compete in the CL etc. - why bring in a guy who has proven that he is good, but not good enough?

Spurs have become what they have become by being "lucky" (or smart) with bringing in players with potential. Why stop? Especially when you got Kane. It isn´t the end of the world if a new young guy fail with Kane and Son. If Janssen isn´t good enough try again with a similar kind of player.

Hell. Spurs might make money on Janssen.

Spurs are still a club who put alot of emphasis on developing players, but I don't mind the occasional experienced player at all.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No question. It was beyond stupid.

So is Costa staying? Like wtf lol.

Last I saw was Atletico doesn't want to pay him his current wages or wages while he's unable to play for them. Deal will probably just happen in January.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Apparently Liverpool expect van Dijk to continue being mad and will go back for him in January.

Whatever Klopp told him in Blackpool must've been good.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs are still a club who put alot of emphasis on developing players, but I don't mind the occasional experienced player at all.

And I don´t hate the Llorente transfer. Just think they could have done better.

All in all absolutely brilliant value for money in this window though (so far). Very pleased. And unlike for example Liverpool they took care of the most important positions. The rest I don´t really care that much about. And if Llorente can score 10 goals then brilliant.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Read barca added a high fee if he didn't play a certain amount of games

Haha. Great. I agree with TopKex Winks > Gomes. I don´t mind Gomes, but he needs to prove that he is better than Winks. If he does fine, but until then Winks plays.

Gomes would be depth for Spurs. So if Barcelona want games for then to bring it back it would not make any sense for Tottenham to make that deal (and I pray they don´t).

If it is a loan with a reasonable option. Then fine.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Apparently Liverpool expect van Dijk to continue being mad and will go back for him in January.

Whatever Klopp told him in Blackpool must've been good.

For what it's worth, he must be telling a ton of people good things. They hijacked AOC, made van Dijk basically toss their club under the bus, had Lemar interested (by some accounts), got Keita...

I know it's a bit of a defeat now, but I'm not worried about transfers with Klopp.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What exactly is the homegrown rule in England?

Barkley and Drinkwater getting offers from top clubs is just crazy.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London

EPL clubs can name 25-man squads, of whom eight must be classed as 'home-grown'.

'Home grown' is defined as a player of any nationality or age who spent three years prior to their 21st birthday with an English association-registered club.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

You're allowed 17 non-home grown players, and you can supplement with any amount of under-21's. No penalty for having less home-grown, just that you would have a smaller squad or more u-21's.

Chelsea's current non u-21 homegrown included Cahill, Fabregas, and Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad