2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you have no skill it doesn't matter what league you played in, and the only reason Janssen plays for the Netherlands is a lack of options. His short passing in this game was really really bad.

He will never be good.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
And I can repeat over and over again how wrong you are, but I guess it won´t help much.

Kane - Son - Janssen is perfectly fine as depth.
I'll take the opinion of the Spurs front office and Poch over yours, thanks tho

Including Janssen as decent "depth" is really pretty silly...

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I keep hearing this circle jerk that Barkley is so overrated, etc. But how can he be overrated if nobody rates him?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Liverpool and Arsenal fans should not watch the goal Lemar just scored on Holland :laugh:

Ornstein on BBC5Live: "It is our understanding that Lemar told #AFC he would join them this summer [back in July]."

Kind of supports the link I posted.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Ligue 1 strikers do quite well in the EPL.

Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle? ;)

I guess you had Ibrahimovic scoring goals last year. Do not belive you can evaluate a player based on the league he comes from - other than the smaller the league the bigger the step (and in most cases that is reflected on the price - Janssen was always a gamble) - which means it might take a bit longer.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'll take the opinion of the Spurs front office and Poch over yours, thanks tho

Including Janssen as decent "depth" is really pretty silly...

Good. What is the point of writing on a message board then? Not forgetting it was Spurs that thought Janssen was good enough in the first place - not me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I keep hearing this circle jerk that Barkley is so overrated, etc. But how can he be overrated if nobody rates him?

It's the same groupthink like this board had on Morata. There are some pundits that overrate him, but in reality, he just failed to live up to his potential, and his potential was probably overhyped by media, and in some cases by FIFA for fans that play the video game.

He's not overrated, he's just a decent player that isn't good enough to start on a top 6 club.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I think that is a bit early to say. Janssen has been very poor for Spurs, but when you bring in a young player with so little experience from top flight football you got to understand it is a long term project.

Llorente obviously isn´t a bad player. I like him. I like him as a person as well. Spurs don´t really do crosses though - when they do it is often along the ground or an Eriksen ball behind the defence.

But if Janssen can get 30 games in the PL for then to come back if he is good enough next summer - sounds reasonable.

I guess if that is the case I would rather he get that experience somewhere else than coming on and doing nothing for us.

My concern with Janssen is that it isn't just the production that isn't there but watching him he doesn't look threatening, the play dies at his feet so often. It doesn't look like a guy who has had some bad luck or just needs to find his way, he looks like a guy that just is flat out not good enough.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess if that is the case I would rather he get that experience somewhere else than coming on and doing nothing for us.

My concern with Janssen is that it isn't just the production that isn't there but watching him he doesn't look threatening, the play dies at his feet so often. It doesn't look like a guy who has had some bad luck or just needs to find his way, he looks like a guy that just is flat out not good enough.

No denying Janssen has been extremely poor. Those 45mins against Everton in his first game was more or less the best he did.

It happens though. Not with the elite players, but for the rest it does - hey - Llorente himself has had some very poor seasons.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Nothing about it being cool.

If they had given up on Janssen they should have bought Sandro or something a month ago.

It´s not a big deal for me. I´m extremely happy with Sanchez and Aurier. Exactly what I wanted Spurs to do. Foyth also. Great.

I wouldn´t mind Gomes. Assuming he won´t cost much.

I'd rather have Llorente who is currently a much better striker and has much more experience, something Spurs often lack.

I'm ecstatic about Aurier. Sanchez and Foyth were good signings too.

Gazzaniga signing seems pointless. I'd much rather we signed a good prospect than a mate from the same village as Poch. Lloris is getting up there.

And on to Gomes. I cannot say this enough. Why should Harry Winks, who has proven to be a good backup for Dembele get punished? There is already more competition in central midfield than earlier seeing how Sanchez can cover for Dier at CB. Why should we develop Barca's players and not our own? I do think we need some more CM depth but no way should they be put in front of Winks in the depth chart. He is ready for a step up.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
David Ornstein is considered the "Oracle" when it comes to Arsenal. Of course, whether he got this information from a reputable source is another question

The link I posted used L'Equipe as the source. So L'Equipe and Ornstein were saying the same thing.

But it's a moot point now. Arsenal lost their chance of signing him.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'd rather have Llorente who is currently a much better striker and has much more experience, something Spurs often lack.

I'm ecstatic about Aurier. Sanchez and Foyth were good signings too.

Gazzaniga signing seems pointless. I'd much rather we signed a good prospect than a mate from the same village as Poch. Lloris is getting up there.

And on to Gomes. I cannot say this enough. Why should Harry Winks, who has proven to be a good backup for Dembele get punished? There is already more competition in central midfield than earlier seeing how Sanchez can cover for Dier at CB. Why should we develop Barca's players and not our own? I do think we need some more CM depth but no way should they be put in front of Winks in the depth chart. He is ready for a step up.

If Spurs want to win the league, compete in the CL etc. - why bring in a guy who has proven that he is good, but not good enough?

Spurs have become what they have become by being "lucky" (or smart) with bringing in players with potential. Why stop? Especially when you got Kane. It isn´t the end of the world if a new young guy fail with Kane and Son. If Janssen isn´t good enough try again with a similar kind of player.

Hell. Spurs might make money on Janssen.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Lemar would have been a great addition. But I'm more pissed that we didn't get a CB. Matip is good but Lovren and Klavan aren't good enough. And both Matip and Lovren missed a lot of games last season and are probably likely to do so again, we are doomed in that area. Also would have prefered a CDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad