2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They keep saying Coutinho won't be sold, but if Lemar and van Dijk are brought in, he'll definitely go. A trade I would make any day.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What a crazy window.
Who would have thought?
We were just looking at a possible Verratti to Barca move, and Auba overpayment and a potential Mbappe move.
Now, it's all out war out there.
Neymar breaks the transfer record, Mbappe and Dembele are 2 and 3. Morata and Lukaku get bought for 80 MF' M. Each. Barca is desparate. They buy Paulinho for 40 MF' M. Liverpool rejects a crazy 150 MF' M for Coutinho, Monaco is selling 50% of its championship team. City spends money like crazy on FB, not a single CB coming in. They got rejected by Mbappe, Arsenal, etc... Arsenal who might have to sell Sanchez, Chamberlain and Ozil in two days. Lacazette about to join Atletico but transfer ban sends him to Arsenal instead... where he doesn't even start in front of Welbeck. Real makes ZERO move. They just sell James to Bayern and Morata to Chelsea, racking up money in the process. Chelsea, coming off a major season, barely spends (except major overpayment for Morata) but sells Matic to United. Spurs don't make move, get thrashed in the papers by one of their own players, immediately sign someone, anyone, even if it's not a positionnal need.

What a crazy window. And it's far from over yet. Liverpool are trying to build something big, PSG are trying to get that one last piece (DM), Seri to Barca has to be done, just for the feel-good story, United are trying to get Bale, Sanchez and Ozil could move, etc, etc, etc...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They keep saying Coutinho won't be sold, but if Lemar and van Dijk are brought in, he'll definitely go. A trade I would make any day.

I don't think Coutinho is being sold, which is why they are okay waiting a year for Keita. Coutinho will go next summer.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
I don't think Coutinho is being sold, which is why they are okay waiting a year for Keita. Coutinho will go next summer.

I'm done with Coutinho, too injured to play league and champions league games for Liverpool, but ok to play for Brazil.

And it just came out that he claimed his injury was due to stress. What load of bs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm done with Coutinho, too injured to play league and champions league games for Liverpool, but ok to play for Brazil.

Liverpool announced that he was hurt the day of the Lallana injury because they didn't want to give fans double the bad news. I called it as soon as it was reported. It was obvious.

Liverpool are taking the same approach with Coutinho and Man Utd took with De Gea when Madrid came. LFC will keep Coutinho out, phase him back in over the international break and give him the chance to win the fans back. Then he will go next summer.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sorry. Didn't see new thread.

What can our Czech posters say about Tomáš Koubek? He moved to Rennes.

Started getting caps for the national team last year. How does he compare to Jiří Pavlenka at Werder Bremen?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
What a crazy window.
Who would have thought?
We were just looking at a possible Verratti to Barca move, and Auba overpayment and a potential Mbappe move.
Now, it's all out war out there.
Neymar breaks the transfer record, Mbappe and Dembele are 2 and 3. Morata and Lukaku get bought for 80 MF' M. Each. Barca is desparate. They buy Paulinho for 40 MF' M. Liverpool rejects a crazy 150 MF' M for Coutinho, Monaco is selling 50% of its championship team. City spends money like crazy on FB, not a single CB coming in. They got rejected by Mbappe, Arsenal, etc... Arsenal who might have to sell Sanchez, Chamberlain and Ozil in two days. Lacazette about to join Atletico but transfer ban sends him to Arsenal instead... where he doesn't even start in front of Welbeck. Real makes ZERO move. They just sell James to Bayern and Morata to Chelsea, racking up money in the process. Chelsea, coming off a major season, barely spends (except major overpayment for Morata) but sells Matic to United. Spurs don't make move, get thrashed in the papers by one of their own players, immediately sign someone, anyone, even if it's not a positionnal need.

What a crazy window. And it's far from over yet. Liverpool are trying to build something big, PSG are trying to get that one last piece (DM), Seri to Barca has to be done, just for the feel-good story, United are trying to get Bale, Sanchez and Ozil could move, etc, etc, etc...

Don't forget they added your boy Theo Hernandez. And Ceballos. And they have some huge talents coming back in Llorente, Vallejo, and Mayoral. They don't need to make the crazy moves for the likes of Mbappe right now I guess.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would pay 80m in this inflated market. No way in hell Liverpool get a defender better than him and he was the best CB available this summer besides Bonucci. And if Southampton are selling to buy which they need to do, VVD is going to demand to go to Liverpool.

The fee is obscene, but he's top quality. It's also better for Liverpool to spend to get the player they need than put the money in the bank for another year.

hagelin1381

Mar 27, 2016
Orlando, FL
I think Chelsea are going hard after AOC because they're just trying to have more English players in the squad. Cahill is the only English player who gets consistent playing time. They have homegrown players from other nationalities (Fabregas, Moses, Christensen?), but I think they're trying to build an English core.. They have a few young English players out on loan to different PL clubs aswell, and I expect them to stay next season.. At least I really hope so

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I really hope Arsenal finishes near the bottom of the table so this sack of **** Wenger gets the door and the "usual suspects" at the top of the pyramid can finally jump ship and be replaced by guys who are going to chase silverware, not just profits.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
-I'm curious about the Keita signing. Weren't they looking for something like 80 million but they agreed to 50 million for next Summer? Is his contract coming due? And is there a stipulation on his fitness in a year?

-Where is Lemar going to player at Liverpool? LCM? I feel as though he'd be in Sane's spot.

-I don't place too much if any stock in a Barça bid for Keita. Saw it last night and it came out of left field.

Really, from what I've read he hasn't done much since his brace on his debut.

I was going by his stats only. They look good and better than I expected. Stats don't always equal performance though.

Can't see how it's a dick move by PSG to propose 50M for Seri. They REALLY need a CM, and Barca are nitpicking for 10M€.

Who's the dick?

Very clearly PSG. Like Duchene said, then how come he isn't playing for them? How come they never followed up on the bid after we pulled out? Do you honestly think Seri would reject PSG at this point?

Technically PSG did nothing wrong by the book, but bidding for a player you're not interested in just to raise the price on someone else is a dick move itself. Then when it actually scuppers a deal it's worse and in this case Seri is the one who misses out. You may also want to go back and read Seri's comments as well. Very clear his thoughts on how things went down with Nice.

I don't think he faked an injury. I think Liverpool was doing damage control. Cat is out of the bag now though.

Very probable. Not sure why everyone assumes he was faking an injury.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
-I'm curious about the Keita signing. Weren't they looking for something like 80 million but they agreed to 50 million for next Summer? Is his contract coming due? And is there a stipulation on his fitness in a year?

He has a release clause next summer for 48 million pounds. They're going to pay a little more to make sure they sign him, and he took a medical. There's probably something in there regarding his fitness, but what's good is that he's a great player and Leipzig can't bench him. Just hopefully he doesn't suffer a catastrophic injury.

-Where is Lemar going to player at Liverpool? LCM? I feel as though he'd be in Sane's spot.

Can has been playing LCM because of this Coutinho thing and Lallana injury, and he's out of contract and not signing. I'm pretty sure he's the one to be dropped, but neither of the central midfielders necessarily play LCM, they're constantly changing positions. Can't drop any of the front three, especially not Mane. For some reason Klopp loves to have wingers and attacking midfielders play in central midfield. I assume it's because of the running capability and how quickly they move the ball forward, and because they know what to do in the attacking phase.

Very probable. Not sure why everyone assumes he was faking an injury.

The doctors for the Brazil NT said his back hurt because of stress.

Not joking.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Keita has a release clause for 50M next summer. Liverpool ensure that they will sign the player next summer even if he has another stellar season; after Liverpool's premium payment, Leipzig get close to the 80M they were asking for this summer in total but still get to keep Keita for another year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He has a release clause next summer for 48 million pounds. They're going to pay a little more to make sure they sign him, and he took a medical. There's probably something in there regarding his fitness, but what's good is that he's a great player and Leipzig can't bench him. Just hopefully he doesn't suffer a catastrophic injury.

I just don't get it from Leipzig's end. I mean they keep him another season, but I'm not sure it gets them anywhere. On top of that they could begin the process of replacing that much sooner and with that much more money. Sure they may not need it, but big difference between 80 million and 50 million.

Can has been playing LCM because of this Coutinho thing and Lallana injury, and he's out of contract and not signing. I'm pretty sure he's the one to be dropped, but neither of the central midfielders necessarily play LCM, they're constantly changing positions. Can't drop any of the front three, especially not Mane. For some reason Klopp loves to have wingers and attacking midfielders play in central midfield. I assume it's because of the running capability and how quickly they move the ball forward, and because they know what to do in the attacking phase.

Got it. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out if they sign him. Would be a serious statement of intent from Liverpool, but that van Dijk fee...

The doctors for the Brazil NT said his back hurt because of stress.

Not joking.

Makes sense. He ate a lot because he was stressed out, put on some weight and his back was sore as a result. :D

Keita has a release clause for 50M next summer. Liverpool ensure that they will sign the player next summer even if he has another stellar season; after Liverpool's premium payment, Leipzig get close to the 80M they were asking for this summer in total but still get to keep Keita for another year.

I'm not seeing this premium though. I just saw 50 million. Granted it was a headline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad