2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Ignored in all this chaos is Wenger doesn't rate Mustafi and wanted to get rid of him. He's staying because Jonny Evans rejected the Arsenal move.

So basically Wenger got desperate last year and bought a player he didn't rate. That's Arsenal for you.

Arsenal are going to have two unhappy players on their hands now too with Mustafi and Sanchez. That often doesn't go well. They got rid of Perez and Gibbs but they should seen through those transfers above and replaced them. Although I'm not sure why he doesn't rate Mustafi...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think Klopp knows Barkely is fairly awful.

At least I hope he does

I guess.

I think there's a footballer in there, dumb as rocks as he might be. I think some of his knock has been more a lack of effort more so than inability.

I'm not saying go get him, but I meant it more as a joke.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal are going to have two unhappy players on their hands now too with Mustafi and Sanchez. That often doesn't go well. They got rid of Perez and Gibbs but they should seen through those transfers above and replaced them. Although I'm not sure why he doesn't rate Mustafi...

Mustafi, Gabriel, Perez, and Elneny were all signings based on StatDNA, the statistics company Arsenal purchased. Wenger signed them even though he didn't really rate them and now wants to get rid of them.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
spurs have no depth
spurs have no depth
spurs have no depth
over and over again all summer...
spurs sign a pretty good striker and fans don't get it?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
10 times the player Janssen is.

Don't get the need for support for Kane?

We need it to give him a rest, to bring on a threat later in games and as a replacement if Kane ever went down.

It was cheap and a huge upgrade over the nothing we had there other than Janssen who is a negative at this point.

I think that is a bit early to say. Janssen has been very poor for Spurs, but when you bring in a young player with so little experience from top flight football you got to understand it is a long term project.

Llorente obviously isn´t a bad player. I like him. I like him as a person as well. Spurs don´t really do crosses though - when they do it is often along the ground or an Eriksen ball behind the defence.

But if Janssen can get 30 games in the PL for then to come back if he is good enough next summer - sounds reasonable.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think that is a bit early to say. Janssen has been very poor for Spurs, but when you bring in a young player with so little experience from top flight football you got to understand it is a long term project.

Llorente obviously isn´t a bad player. I like him. I like him as a person as well. Spurs don´t really do crosses though - when they do it is often along the ground or an Eriksen ball behind the defence.

But if Janssen can get 30 games in the PL for then to come back if he is good enough next summer - sounds reasonable.

You watching Janssen play right now? It's more than a long term project. His skill level is way below par.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
spurs have no depth
spurs have no depth
spurs have no depth
over and over again all summer...
spurs sign a pretty good striker and fans don't get it?

And I can repeat over and over again how wrong you are, but I guess it won´t help much.

Kane - Son - Janssen is perfectly fine as depth. Even teams like City and Chelsea (endless money) - who do they got as 3rd choices that are so much better?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Go back to sleep, wake up, and still no confirmed transfers for Chelsea. ALSO turned down by ****ing ross barkley.

2 hours left for them to bring in Mahrez, Drinkwater, and Zappacosta and to sell Costa.

Good luck chelsea board.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

Most strikers coming from the Eredivisie to the EPL haven't looked good.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
You watching Janssen play right now? It's more than a long term project. His skill level is way below par.

And he still plays for the national team. I don´t think it is unreasonable to assume there is more there than what he has shown for Spurs.

I watched Walker in his first 12 months at Spurs. Players can improve.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Go back to sleep, wake up, and still no confirmed transfers for Chelsea. ALSO turned down by ****ing ross barkley.

2 hours left for them to bring in Mahrez, Drinkwater, and Zappacosta and to sell Costa.

Good luck chelsea board.

Zappacosta hasn't been confirmed?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Most strikers coming from the Eredivisie to the EPL haven't looked good.

Most strikers in the PL fall through. How many top strikers have you got in the PL at any time with a record of 3 or more consecutive solid seasons? Usually not more than a handful.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Most strikers in the PL fall through. How many top strikers have you got in the PL at any time with a record of 3 or more consecutive solid seasons? Usually not more than a handful.

Ligue 1 strikers do quite well in the EPL.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It's cool that Spurs are a young team and all, but the experience Llorente will bring will be fantastic. And who can say no to those eyes?

Assuming Janssen is sold/loaned out.

If Spurs sign Gomes i will be quite ****ing pissed though.

Nothing about it being cool.

If they had given up on Janssen they should have bought Sandro or something a month ago.

It´s not a big deal for me. I´m extremely happy with Sanchez and Aurier. Exactly what I wanted Spurs to do. Foyth also. Great.

I wouldn´t mind Gomes. Assuming he won´t cost much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad