2017 Summer Transfers and Rumors Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- L'Equipe saying Monaco turned down a 50 million Euro bid for Lemar from Arsenal. No words if Arsenal will resubmit another bid, but they did a 45m earlier on in the week.

- Mundo Deportivo reporting Arsenal along with Liverpool are going after Barca's Rafinha, for Arsenal's case, as a potential move to replace OX.

- Sportitalia concludes that Juventus and Arsenal are going after Udinese midfielder Jakub Jankto, according to his agent.

- The Guardian, Metro, and L'Equipe confirm that Nice will need to sell two more players to get the funds to sign four players they're looking at. One of those is Seri, which a lot of reports say that Arsenal are close to signing him for £36 million.

- Metro thinks that Klopp wants Leon Goretzka since the Keita bid failed and they somehow pin Arsenal in wanting him as well. :laugh:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Man City and Chelsea have the best youth academies in England by far.

I don't know if Kane is the best striker but he certainly fits the team he is on the best.

Midfielder is also a very broad term.

That's arguable. Neither have really produced anything. If you go ahead and list the top 3 players all the academies in England have produced in the past decade, City/Chelsea wouldn't be that impressive.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I think Kane stays too, he's probably the easiest to keep a hold of because of his ties to the club, but still if you have Alli, Dier, and Eriksen leave and someone like United or Madrid comes and says they'll triple his salary, that's a hard offer to turn down.

I doubt Madrid is interested in any of them

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
That's arguable. Neither have really produced anything. If you go ahead and list the top 3 players all the academies in England have produced in the past decade, City/Chelsea wouldn't be that impressive.

sky had a tweet last week about most minuets played in prem from academy graduates, not just playing for your club but any that came through your ranks, United 1st with 44,000 minuets spurs 2nd with 27,000.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
City's youth academy is the best in England by far, yes. Possibly even in the world. Anyone who watched U-18 football can see it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jankto & Schlick are both very slick talents. If Cerny can break through this year and Darida doesn't fall off any time soon; the Czech NT could start to play some really nice football. Their youth teams have been trending up and it's an attractive style of football they preach across the levels, so I hope it continues as more and more of those youths hit senior NT levels.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
City's youth academy is the best in England by far, yes. Possibly even in the world. Anyone who watched U-18 football can see it.

City finished 3rd in a search for home grown talent whom made minutes in the Premier League this past season. Tottenham and United finished #2 and #1 respectively. Ajax and Feyenoord finished 10th and 11th and are the first international sides to reach the list.

City buys a lot of players at a young age and loan them out as much as possible whenever they hit their late teens. That's not educating. I believe they have 30 loan outs each season.

City isn't near the level of the educational systems of an Ajax or a Barcelona.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
City's youth should be starting to break through soon and it shows. Ihenacho looked good and Sancho should be a stud

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
City finished 3rd in a search for home grown talent whom made minutes in the Premier League this past season. Tottenham and United finished #2 and #1 respectively. Ajax and Feyenoord finished 10th and 11th and are the first international sides to reach the list.

City buys a lot of players at a young age and loan them out as much as possible whenever they hit their late teens. That's not educating. I believe they have 30 loan outs each season.

City isn't near the level of the educational systems of an Ajax or a Barcelona.

They haven't developed anybody of note though. With all of their resources, you would assume there would be a star somewhere along the lines.

City developed Sturridge and Joe Hart, then the new owners ripped apart their youth academy so obviously they haven't developed anyone since.

I was talking about right at this moment. Other teams developed players 10-15 years ago but I'm not talking about that. Of course some of their youth players were purchased at age 13-14. But there's definitely some future stars there. Sancho and Diaz being the most obvious ones.

In terms of in England I'd much rather have their academy than the other teams.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
- Sportitalia concludes that Juventus and Arsenal are going after Udinese midfielder Jakub Jankto, according to his agent.

Jankto is a promising player. Udinese has a great eye for talent. Like Palermo but without the dysfunction.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Yeah. Totally makes sense. Only Real, Barca or United should be able to spend crazy money on average players. God forbid PSG spending crazy money on a top player.

Are you saying that Man City and PSG (if they sign Neymar) aren't taking it to new levels?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
There is quite a difference between spending your own money and spending someone else´s.

If you disagree that is fine, but that is what FFP was supposed to be about. Has nothing to do with the overall fees.

So yes - a team that generates enough money through normal activities should be allowed to pay higher fees for players. ManUtd could easily afford 220m for Neymar if they don´t buy anyone else for a year or two. PSG couldn´t without the population of Qatar paying for it.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I was thinking about this Neymar business. Assuming PSG don't make sales to cover the ground they need to make the Neymar deal happen and/or assuming they come to negotiate the Barça management team have an easy task the more I think about it. They could get well over 222 million even. I would give PSG the following options if they came calling:

1) A massive fee and X player(s).
2) A massive fee of say... maybe start at 500 million.
3) Pay the buyout.

The first two options are a negotiation where you allow them to make the payments in installments. So say with the second option you give them five years to pay it in 100 million installments. Maybe they negotiate it down, but you don't go past a certain point (say 300 million). Worse case scenario they pay the buyout clause.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
City developed Sturridge and Joe Hart, then the new owners ripped apart their youth academy so obviously they haven't developed anyone since.

I was talking about right at this moment. Other teams developed players 10-15 years ago but I'm not talking about that. Of course some of their youth players were purchased at age 13-14. But there's definitely some future stars there. Sancho and Diaz being the most obvious ones.

In terms of in England I'd much rather have their academy than the other teams.

Sancho was bought from Watford at the age of 15. City have barely played a part in his progression. Diaz was bought from Malaga at the age of 14.

For all the talent they reap away from clubs, about 1% actually make the squad. City alone had nine loan outs playing in the Eredivisie this past season. They just buy promising players for the 300k educational fee and sell them a few years later for a couple of millions without them even sniffing the first team. I doubt highly touted Dutchies Dilrosun, Kongolo and even Aké made a very wise decision.

Edit: Aké plays for Chelsea, never mind him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad