Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
People get ******** when you question their club's integrity. It's as if their club is immune to any wrongdoing.

That's really not it at all. Very few if any clubs have real integrity IMO, that's just the truth of it. Clubs are out for profits and trophies, not feel good stories. It's big step from being a club with integrity to 2 foreign clubs colluding with each other for no reasonable purpose, and that's my point. You can think something shady is going on, but it doesn't make any sense that there is. Those 2 clubs entered into a consensual business transaction, it's not like China was forced into it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
*shrug* that was reported in Germany. But wasn't exactly following that transfer day by day

To be fair that's probably how it was reported during the transfer because I remember reading the same thing.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It was also Ajax which eventually decided no. He wouldn't have cracked Ajax' starting 11. Klaassen anchors that entire team. Not to mention the talent pool at AM. Odegaard isn't even a starter for Heerenveen with Aissaidi bursting onto the scene. He was a liability during his first few games. Real Madrid fines Heerenveen €40.000 for every match he doesn't play, so the coach usually brings him in during injury time now. Heerenveen is a good place for him though. He just needs some seasoning and maturity. Definitely not as ready and impressive as previously hyped.

Hard time seeing him get quality time in Monaco or Porto, the way he's currently developing.

Ajax didn't turn down Odegaard and wouldn't have, IMO. Odegaard for me has looked worse since his stint at Real Madrid. If he had gone to Ajax earlier when there was a lot more indecision and shuffling maybe he could have taken a spot, but without a doubt he would have had a better chance to develop. I don't disagree about Heerenveen being a good spot for him now to try and get back on track with his development but a move to Ajax in the first place would have suited him much better than his move to RM. IMO he'd have been a starter by this season.

As far as him being a liability obviously he's not just slotted in as a starter. He joined mid season, is still very young, and the team saw a big dip in form as soon as he did join. Results over development comes into play (not that Odegaard is innocent). He's had some good games and some bad ones. He's never been a nailed on starter though so it's not like he lost his job to anyone he's still getting decent gametime -- not really an injury time player, a late sub sometimes but more games over 50 minutes than less.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
"Raiola was simultaneously and illegally employed by Juve, Man Utd, and Pogba, and did not disclose this to Juve."

Raiola will be banned for sure.

His agent fees are far more than FIFA allowed and at least one of the clubs will get in trouble for this.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax didn't turn down Odegaard and wouldn't have, IMO. Odegaard for me has looked worse since his stint at Real Madrid. If he had gone to Ajax earlier when there was a lot more indecision and shuffling maybe he could have taken a spot, but without a doubt he would have had a better chance to develop. I don't disagree about Heerenveen being a good spot for him now to try and get back on track with his development but a move to Ajax in the first place would have suited him much better than his move to RM. IMO he'd have been a starter by this season.

As far as him being a liability obviously he's not just slotted in as a starter. He joined mid season, is still very young, and the team saw a big dip in form as soon as he did join. Results over development comes into play (not that Odegaard is innocent). He's had some good games and some bad ones. He's never been a nailed on starter though so it's not like he lost his job to anyone he's still getting decent gametime -- not really an injury time player, a late sub sometimes but more games over 50 minutes than less.

I'm not fabricating things.

From De Telegraaf:

"Ajax was op de hoogte gebracht dat Real Madrid haar youngster deze winter wilde verhuren, meldt De Telegraaf. Maar de hoofdstedelingen gingen niet op de optie in. De club zou voldoende middenvelders in haar selectie hebben en uitbreiding in die linie was niet noodzakelijk."

Translation:

Ajax was well aware that Madrid might want to loan out its youngster this winter, reports De Telegraaf. Ajax however didn't look into it, as the club had enough midfielders in it's selection and more depth at that position wasn't necessary.

I don't see where he would fit in, either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Media said it was a great choice because of playing time. Don't think Dembélé rejected anything.

In germany there were stories about how Bayern and Barca made bigger bids, but Dembele had his mind set on BVB being the next step in his career.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
FIFA is opening an inquiry into Pogba's transfer to United.

From what I've seen the two potential investigations are conflict of interest (Raiola acting on behalf of Juve, Pogba, and United at the same time) and potential third part ownership based on a rumored clause of Railoa receiving 50% of transfer fees over 40M from Juve.

Zero idea what the fallout would be beyond Raiola getting banned for a while.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

From De Telegraaf:

"Ajax was op de hoogte gebracht dat Real Madrid haar youngster deze winter wilde verhuren, meldt De Telegraaf. Maar de hoofdstedelingen gingen niet op de optie in. De club zou voldoende middenvelders in haar selectie hebben en uitbreiding in die linie was niet noodzakelijk."

Translation:

Ajax was well aware that Madrid might want to loan out its youngster this winter, reports De Telegraaf. Ajax however didn't look into it, as the club had enough midfielders in it's selection and more depth at that position wasn't necessary.

We're talking about when Odegaard first left Norway for Madrid back in 2014, not him going out on loan this year. Back when he was "that 15 year old getting international caps", Ajax was most definitely interested.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
His choice eh?

"There is no suggestion that Pinault’s influence resulted in Dembélé moving to the German side, but Sambagué believes that Rennes had “closed the door to all of the clubs except Dortmund, who were willing to pay more than the clauseâ€.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ennes-borussia-dortmund-agents-release-clause

K. Still irrelevant to what I said.

Raiola will be banned for sure.

His agent fees are far more than FIFA allowed and at least one of the clubs will get in trouble for this.

Finally some good news.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hearing Pepe may go to PSG next season

Evilo?

Yeah lots of smoke here about this.
I don't get it. They have a nice CB trio and will alienate someone if Pepe is coming. Except if one of the 3 leaves. 4th CB should be a young guy with potential or an old guy who doesn't ask playing time. Pepe's old, but will ask for some playing time.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Yeah. Not the same clause, though perhaps it should be, Granada have to pay Barça every time Sergi Samper plays. So now that they're going down for sure they've stopped playing him to save money.

Seems odd clause for Barca, counter to the whole purpose of the loan...

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Mundo Deportivo reporting that Chelsea and Bayern Munchen are interested in Davinson Sánchez, as well. Saying that Chelsea is ready to offer €40M for him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

From De Telegraaf:

Translation:

Yeah, as was mentioned above, we were referring to when Odegaard was first being shopped out of Norway and doing the tours of all the clubs interested in him. Obviously this winter it was a completely different situation.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Reports here say "next Neymar" Vincius Junior is going to Real at 16 for something like 40 m euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad