2017 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Mundo Deportivo reporting that Chelsea and Bayern Munchen are interested in Davinson Sánchez, as well. Saying that Chelsea is ready to offer €40M for him.

When was the last time Colombia had a good defender? I've heard many good things about him, but I'd do my homework before throwing 40M on a colombian defender :D

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Mundo Deportivo reporting that Chelsea and Bayern Munchen are interested in Davinson Sánchez, as well. Saying that Chelsea is ready to offer €40M for him.

Sánches has been linked to Barcelona just as much.

I hope he stays. Being fan of Ajax can be so frustrating. Even the slightest succes in Europe could mean an entire squad overhaul.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
When was the last time Colombia had a good defender? I've heard many good things about him, but I'd do my homework before throwing 40M on a colombian defender :D

Well, Sánchez is legit. And Yerry Mina also is a terrific CB, probably going to Barcelona next season. Colombia's CB future is looking good.

Sánches has been linked to Barcelona just as much.

I hope he stays. Being fan of Ajax can be so frustrating. Even the slightest succes in Europe could mean an entire squad overhaul.

I've been watching a lot of Ajax games since they acquired Neres. This team is fun to watch, but a lot of key pieces probably gonna leave this summer which sucks.

There's been some rumors about Klaassen going to Everton, too. It's a shame cause they have such a good and young team that they could pull a Monaco if they kept this team together for some years.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So Mahrez is leaving Leicester thos summer

Wonder where he will end up, Gunners or Spurs?

Chelsea if Willian leaves?
I think this season proved he's not good enough for any of those. Just 6 goals and 2 assists in 33 games. Everton seems like a team that could use him.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I think this season proved he's not good enough for any of those. Just 6 goals and 2 assists in 33 games. Everton seems like a team that could use him.

Had a drop off just like Hazard did last season after winning PFA; and Hazard has better teammates (not saying he is as good as Hazard, just giving context).
And I'm sure he is better than Ox

And Mahrez had a good UCL campaign

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not sure he's better than Ox, but I think Mahrez will also cost at least 10m more. Of course I would take him as backup after seeing what happens when Mane gets hurt, but the fee would be too much.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Mahrez had a great season last year, but he shouldn't have won PFA. Kante should have, he was their best player last year in my opinion, and I watched almost all their games.

Good player, and he'll do well in the right situation, not not a key player for a long term contender.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Mahrez had a great season last year, but he shouldn't have won PFA. Kante should have, he was their best player last year in my opinion, and I watched almost all their games.

Good player, and he'll do well in the right situation, not not a key player for a long term contender.
Kante should win PFA every year imo

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I see Mahrez as a potential steal that will play very well for a team where he isn't relied upon as much.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Everton makes sense, especially if they lose Lukaku. Not the same position, but would be a good risk/reward move for them to get an impact player. I'm not really sure if any of the true big clubs would be interested unless he is priced much lower that he was prior to this past season.

Hazard was brought up earlier, but at least Hazard had a track record prior to his awful 15/16 season. Mahrez could turn out to be a 1-hit wonder.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Mahrez Is a fantastic player. He'd do very well with a team like Chelsea in EPL, Barcelona in La Liga or Milan in Calcio. Not sure I see a fit for him in Germany. I don't see him going to France unless it's PSG. With that bone head of a manager they have he won't use him correctly.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
FIFA has known about the details of this transfer since August. They want to look into this now because the details were leaked to the press? Same old FIFA!!!

I don't think United nor Juventus did anything wrong though. This 3rd party ownership is disgusting. Agents are disgusting in general.

FIFA is opening an inquiry into Pogba's transfer to United.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Mahrez Is a fantastic player. He'd do very well with a team like Chelsea in EPL, Barcelona in La Liga or Milan in Calcio. Not sure I see a fit for him in Germany. I don't see him going to France unless it's PSG. With that bone head of a manager they have he won't use him correctly.

Wages are too high for Barça B even if they do get promoted.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

GqIjYjb.gif

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Several reports in Belgian media today that Monaco are willing to pay €15m for Genk's Sander Berge

He's a 19 year old defensive midfielder from Norway. Genk bought him in January for €2m after they sold Ndidi to Leicester, and he's been fantastic. Very intelligent player, great physique and technique.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I see Mahrez as a potential steal that will play very well for a team where he isn't relied upon as much.

Yeah, as much as he was maybe overhyped last year, his drop in performance probably has him undervalued right now. I could easily see him raising his game a lot again under the right circumstances

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

Did I get that right that he's a CB? If so, that's probably just name-dropping with Bayern. We have Hummels, Boateng, and Martinez and are already bringing in Süle. With the actual openings and needs we have elsewhere, I can't imagine us looking at any CB, let alone at that kind of pricetag.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I wonder what will happen with Boateng though. Contract runs 4 more years, but apparently he's unhappy with his playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad