2017 reDraft as per HFBoards

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Hmm people surprised Hischier is ranked number two? Searching for answers: A player-by-player report on the...

"This is pretty easy — the Devils are getting two-thirds of the high-danger chances when Hischier is on the ice at 5-on-5, but only half of the goals. He has 40 high-danger shot attempts (28 at 5-on-5) and just four goals. Of the 467 skaters with at least 200 minutes of 5-on-5 ice time so far this season, Hischier ranks 5th in individual high-danger chances per 60 minutes (6.88)."

He's been one of the unluckier players in the league.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I liked doing this because Ive heard that after the 99 draft everyone went off on how long it took the Sedin twins to become higher end players and were considered disappointments as #2 and #3 overall picks.

And even more recently with Virtanen as a sure bust, a terrible player, not even AHLer, and now has turned into a solid middle 6 power forward. It took him time and hes still progressing

But everyone was positive of it

So i like to look at this recently and see peoples conclusions and predictions and see how we change our minds over the years since the draft

Of course is too soon, i think i mentioned it in every poll we did
Wasn't throwing shade at you. I know you did it for the fun of it but of course people will get upset when certain guys fall.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Wasn't throwing shade at you. I know you did it for the fun of it but of course people will get upset when certain guys fall.
Yeah i know that and realize my post may have seemed that way but not what i meant. I agree with how you were arguing with the guy and just wanted to re emphaize how these reflect quick risers over slower developers who may end up on top

That being said i think hes just defending HIS guy who most people see as falling from his position and not too impressed with his ahl production

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Batherson is way too low. He's just below a PPG playing in the NHL right now. Players like Tolvanen, Thomas, Vilardi, Suzuki and Frost should be below him.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Batherson is way too low. He's just below a PPG playing in the NHL right now. Players like Tolvanen, Thomas, Vilardi, Suzuki and Frost should be below him.
Ahh, yes, 8 NHL games is definitely enough for us to fully re-assess our prior knowledge of players.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
higher end potential
In terms of Dynamicness? Sure. Overall effectiveness though, I’m not so sure.

Rasmussen is a guy you win with. His stat line is misleading as his screens have helped the Wings score several more goals than they othetwise would have, and he’s been throwing the body.

He has one point less than Middlestat in 3 less games, while playing over a minute less per game and with much worse line mates typically. He has as many goals in the NHL as Necas does in the A.

He may be boring to watch but I personally think Rasmussen has a higher chance of hitting 300+ goals and 15 season career than any of them. His style is maintainable and a lot less likely to bust

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Liljegren has done nothing but impress and show the potential regarded before the draft yet he falls.

:dunno:

The guys who mostly jumped him did so because:
A) Made NHL jump, making NHL impact.
B) Dominating their currently league

I like Timothy, I was hoping Calgary would pick him (really, really not disappointed with Juuso Valimaki though); but he's not quite at that level where he was projected before the draft. He hasn't shown to be a top 5 talent in that draft. IF you think that, gotta take dem homer glasses off.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The guys who mostly jumped him did so because:
A) Made NHL jump, making NHL impact.
B) Dominating their currently league

I like Timothy, I was hoping Calgary would pick him (really, really not disappointed with Juuso Valimaki though); but he's not quite at that level where he was projected before the draft. He hasn't shown to be a top 5 talent in that draft. IF you think that, gotta take dem homer glasses off.

When did I say he was a top 5 pick? I’m saying he shouldn’t have dropped 7 spots, especially behind a player who hasn’t played since last year

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Ahh, yes, 8 NHL games is definitely enough for us to fully re-assess our prior knowledge of players.

8 NHL games is more of a sample size to judge him on than any of those other players. By that metric alone if he is in the show, and producing he should be rated higher.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
8 NHL games is more of a sample size to judge him on than any of those other players. By that metric alone if he is in the show, and producing he should be rated higher.
This is such an absurd take. There's a convincing case to be made for rating Batherson higher than he is, but hanging your hat on "he's in the NHL and those other guys aren't" is fundamentally stupid. We're talking about a redraft here, meaning taking a long-term view of how a player will help your team going forwards. A players' success is not determined by how quickly they reach the NHL. Just because a player is NHL ready at a younger age doesn't mean they will be a better NHL player.

2008 - "Kyle Okposo's 9 NHL games is more of a sample size to judge him than either of Giroux or Marchand. By that metric alone if he is in the show, and producing he should be rated higher."
NOW do you see how tremendously dumb your take is?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This is such an absurd take. There's a convincing case to be made for rating Batherson higher than he is, but hanging your hat on "he's in the NHL and those other guys aren't" is fundamentally stupid. We're talking about a redraft here, meaning taking a long-term view of how a player will help your team going forwards. A players' success is not determined by how quickly they reach the NHL. Just because a player is NHL ready at a younger age doesn't mean they will be a better NHL player.

2008 - "Kyle Okposo's 9 NHL games is more of a sample size to judge him than either of Giroux or Marchand. By that metric alone if he is in the show, and producing he should be rated higher."
NOW do you see how tremendously dumb your take is?

Okay, maybe I took the wrong approach I agree. I would still rate Batherson higher even considering long-term projections based on what we've seen since June 2017.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He's also a year ahead of most of these players development wise due to being undrafted in his original year. It's not really fair to use the NHL as a benchmark in that case.

Reactions: Hivemind

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He's also a year ahead of most of these players development wise due to being undrafted in his original year. It's not really fair to use the NHL as a benchmark in that case.

Getting into development years for Batherson is a grey area IMO. He didn't really play a lot of hockey. Kids a year younger than him probably played more. He split is D-1 playing midget/in the Q/ and he was hurt as well. He's also pretty physically raw too. Really intriguing prospect. No one knows what his celing is.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
You could just throw any prospect in the NHL and people would claim he's better than Foote, Andersson, Liljegren, Tippett etc just because he's played games and the listed players haven't. Like seriously, Tolvanen has done jack **** in the league and he all of a sudden rises that much? Mittlstadt will likely be passed by a lot of prospects soon though. Same with Rasmussen, Viliardi.

Liljergen won’t be in the NHL for 3 more years. Ofcourse the higher listed guys are better prospects. They’re already proven NHL players. Something Lil may never be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad