2017 reDraft as per HFBoards

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
EP40's stats speak for themselves, but another consideration is the 2 injuries that EP endured - one concussion from a cheap shot and another knee injury from an accidentally on-purpose collision in Montreal. He was looking absolutely dominant at both ends of the ice prior to that.

It cost him another 10-15 points and slowed down the momentum he had ramped up.

Pettersson also did most of his work without a supporting cast.

Sure, Pettersson did it all alone. He played first line center against the other teams top lines while carrying AHL linemates...Oh wait. He was actually sheltered behind Horvat and played most of the season with Boeser. The asinine storyline that EP somehow had a difficult season is insane. He rode a hot streak to start the year and had relatively easy minutes. Have him play 1C on a contending team and his point total will regress- just like Barzal's did this year.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I have a hard time considering Suzuki in the top 5/10 until he makes the NHL, that being said he definately would go top 10 in a redraft imo.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Perhaps you will buy this:
- led all rookies in goals, assists and points
- 7 gwg
- 44 even strength points
- two 5-point games
- 21.3 shooting percentage
- broke Canucks record for scoring by a rookie

He can also juggle while riding a unicycle.

This kid is head and shoulders above his entire draft class and if you are still not sold on him...perhaps stick around for his sophomore party - he will come back bigger and stronger.

C'moon now, that's seriously underrating Heiskanens game this season, especially on the playoffs.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It's amazing how that list would change again if the redraft were done now. Robert Thomas would like rise again.

Gabe Vilardi would likely fall in another redraft a year from now. I wouldn't be surprised if his career is near done. He's an incredibly talented player but has missed significant time due to the injury - half of the 2017-18 season, he then re-injured it in the summer, and then missed pretty much all of 2018-19. If the injury was something else I'd think he has a chance but not from a back injury.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I believe Pettersson and Heiskanen will be neck and neck for their entire careers. Which of them is taken first in a redraft even at this point depends entirely on team need.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
As an Arizona-fan, I am annoyed with Vancouver being rewarded with EP for their tanking. They lost, like, their last 12 games? Will dropyourgloves ever come back online so I get to check how this was again? Or are there any other site that offers the same kind of any-date standings?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Adam Gaudette is a better player than Jesperi Kotkaniemi

He has a better all around game, don’t ask me to prove that though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'll take Petersson every single time over Hischier. Hischier is only better on a graph, not on the ice unfortunately.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I'll take Petersson every single time over Hischier. Hischier is only better on a graph, not on the ice unfortunately.

Personally, I would be happy if people explained the graphs they embedded. Like, "first coloumn shows how many time the player will score if he gets a good pass, higher up is better" and so on (as an imagined example). I generally just give up on this graphs. Yeah, I know, I am dumb. And I boost of it.

GreatSaveLuongo

May 4, 2009
In terms of Dynamicness? Sure. Overall effectiveness though, I’m not so sure.

Rasmussen is a guy you win with. His stat line is misleading as his screens have helped the Wings score several more goals than they othetwise would have, and he’s been throwing the body.

He has one point less than Middlestat in 3 less games, while playing over a minute less per game and with much worse line mates typically. He has as many goals in the NHL as Necas does in the A.

He may be boring to watch but I personally think Rasmussen has a higher chance of hitting 300+ goals and 15 season career than any of them. His style is maintainable and a lot less likely to bust

From what you described he appears to be Thomas Holstorm 2.0

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Brannstrom would be a top the list. Which isn't surprising, he's a great prospect. I'm not sure what the point is there. I never stated that Liljegren should be higher than him, correct?

Connor Timmins who hasn't played this year and only played 36 games last season. Jusso Valimaki who had an alright season in a junior league last year, and has little production, poor analytics despite being extremely sheltered in the NHL this season.

Yet Valimaki is high than both Brannstrom and Liljegren, and Timmins is higher than Liljegren.

The issue with a poll like this is there is so many variables. Do we value a player playing some games in the NHL this season, but limited production (Valimaki) over a player playing in say the AHL, but has great numbers (Lilly and Brannstrom)? Does that not automatically give the edge to prospects who were drafted by poor teams, and not looking at the specific players themselves?

Like Cale Makar who looks phenomenal is behind Nolan Patrick who hasn't produced much at the AHL.

Jokiharju (a player I really like) jumped up 29 spots because of 23 games.

But then you have a Drake Batherson who jumped 100 draft spots, but is still behind guys like Rasmussen, Frost and Suzuki.

This ranking is just all over the place, and that's the difficulty with numbered rankings. Doing something like this in a tier system might work better.

Does Valimaki's dominance over Liljegren in the AHL (14 points in 20 games, +9 vs 15 points in 43 games, -8) help with showing you why Valimaki is ranked much higher than Liljegren? :huh:

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
Adam Gaudette is a better player than Jesperi Kotkaniemi

He has a better all around game, don’t ask me to prove that though.

Wait what? You are saying that a guy 4 years older, picked in the 5th round, who put up a third of the most recent 3OA pick's production is better than said 3OA pick?

Gaudette may pan out as a decent middle sixer if everything goes well for him, but let's not pretend he's of equal talent or value than Kotkaniemi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Which one helped his team to a playoff birth and got Hall to produce his best numbers ever? All while Elias was in Europe.

Oh thats right one season determines whos better, I forgot

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Gaudette? 12 points in 56 games while being 4 years older than Kotkaniemi???? There are some brutal takes on HF, but this one might beat them all with how terrible it is.

I'm sure he's probably referencing the op's old username, which was Gaudette to Boeser but spelled backwards (much wit, tremendous edge) and now it appears to be Hughes to Madden backwards. Again. A+ for originality, even if I'm not sure exactly what a 'Madden' is, or how the Canucks keep missing the playoffs despite getting the best player in every draft, year after year.

Scene: upscale restaurant, a team dinner.

Brock Boeser: Hey Gauds, my steak isn't seasoned like I like, pass me the salt.
Gaudette: *gives the salt shaker to Boeser*

Is the only time Gaudette will ever pass anything to Boeser.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
He was actually sheltered behind Horvat and played most of the season with Boeser.
At no point during the year was Pettersson sheltered by anyone, he led the team in G/A/P all SEASON! Lol...he did have Boeser on his right side but the left side was a revolving door of auditions.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Sure, Pettersson did it all alone. He played first line center against the other teams top lines while carrying AHL linemates...Oh wait. He was actually sheltered behind Horvat and played most of the season with Boeser. The asinine storyline that EP somehow had a difficult season is insane. He rode a hot streak to start the year and had relatively easy minutes. Have him play 1C on a contending team and his point total will regress- just like Barzal's did this year.

Your just wrong. EP had the most attention on him by far of any Canuck player. Every game the key to win was to shut down EP. He played with Boeser but Boeser was injured and terrible to start the year. EP carried him until the all star break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad