2017 Re-draft #1 Overall

2017 Re-Draft: Who do you take at number 1?

• Nolan Patrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen Tippett

• Cody Glass

• Martin Necas

• Robert Thomas

• Jesper Boqvist

• Morgan Frost

• Michael Rasmussen

• Cal Foote

• Erik Brannstrom

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
only lol here is for you necro bunping and thinking you’re clever

When you don’t realize you’ve only made yourself look sad.

Sad is calling a year-old assessment of a player a "necro bump"

You don't even have to dig up a decade old thread and tell everyone to suck it - a year ago people were calling Petterson an elite 1C - he wasn't then and will be lucky to hit 40 points this year

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Top-3: Makar, Hesikanen, Pettersson
Next-4: Hischier, Suzuki, Necas, Thomas

The 2017 draft was certainly unique that the top of the initial draft boards were really, really off.

At this point in that cycle, this was the consensus top-20 (and few others):

1. Nolan Patrick
2. Timothy Liljegren
3. Eeli Tolvanen
4. Casey Mittelstadt
5. Maxime Comtois

6. Kristian Vesalainen
7. Nico Hischier
8. Gabriel Vilardi
9. Klim Kostin
10. Owen Tippett

11. Kailer Yamamoto
12. Lias Andersson
13. Elias Pettersson
14. Martin Necas

15. Cal Foote

16. Michael Rasmussen
17. Nicolas Hague
18. Juuso Valimaki
19. Nikita Popugaev
20. Ryan Poehling

26. Miro Heiskanen
40. Josh Norris
41. Nick Suzuki

70. Jason Robertson
86. Cale Makar
89. Robert Thomas

Reactions: AvsGuy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sad is calling a year-old assessment of a player a "necro bump"

You don't even have to dig up a decade old thread and tell everyone to suck it - a year ago people were calling Petterson an elite 1C - he wasn't then and will be lucky to hit 40 points this year

Wanna bet?

Reactions: Love

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I love all the mouth breathers coming out of the wood work trying to claim that a crappy season somehow negates what Pettersson did his first two years and that they were somehow “always right about him,” when, regardless of any overrating might have happened, he undeniably was playing like a top line center in 2020. It doesn’t make you look smart for “being right”, it still makes you look like an idiot for a stupid opinion at the time.

Reactions: slapKing

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Wanna bet?

It's a sad fact that 1/4 way through the season that it's even possible that EP40 might not break 40 points.

I wonder if you are willing to take the over on 50 as he just hasn't played well at all this year.

Sure he should snap out of it but heck us Canuck fans have been saying that for 15ish games now.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I love all the mouth breathers coming out of the wood work trying to claim that a crappy season somehow negates what Pettersson did his first two years and that they were somehow “always right about him,” when, regardless of any overrating might have happened, he undeniably was playing like a top line center in 2020. It doesn’t make you look smart for “being right”, it still makes you look like an idiot for a stupid opinion at the time.
Exact same shit happened to Nylander after he sat out until december and followed it up with a poor season, point wise. Then he became the "must trade" player (which some people have been trying to say about Pettersson, though not to the same degree yet), then slowly hes worked his way back up to being well respected because his life is dope and he does dope shit.

Reactions: slapKing and Regal

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I'm not fully convinced Makar does stay the better defenceman between him and Heiskanen throughout their careers but its hard as f*** to argue with the results of the guy right now.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Lol I had to do a double take and realized the thread was necro’ed.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Makar. Surprised Pettersson is getting so many votes, he’s showing to be not built for the League and have to have emotional issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad