2017 Re-draft #1 Overall

2017 Re-Draft: Who do you take at number 1?

• Nolan Patrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen Tippett

• Cody Glass

• Martin Necas

• Robert Thomas

• Jesper Boqvist

• Morgan Frost

• Michael Rasmussen

• Cal Foote

• Erik Brannstrom

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Interesting thought, if the devils drafted EP would he still flourish or be a more reasonable level like Hischier? Would Nico on Vancouver pop off? How about if any of the defenders were on different teams?

Its interesting wondering how development could by affected by draft place.

Fwiw I voted EP

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Am I alone in thinking the 2017 and 2019 drafts seem eerily similar?

2017, Hischier and Patrick duke it out for #1, but it takes little time for Heiskanen, Makar, and Petterson to establish themselves as better players.

2019, Hughes and Kakko are the obvious top 2. Still super early, but both end up having subpar seasons, while Dach, Byram, and Seider all look like studs.
Lmfao, Dach Byram and Seider are studs

Seider is nothing like the others

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Lmfao, Dach Byram and Seider are studs

Seider is nothing like the others
Why bother arguing with you when I can just quote your hot takes for everybody to have a good laugh.

dont even get me started on Moritz! boy oh boy does that pick look odd now, taking a guy whos ceiling is a second pair guy at 6th overall

Detroit will up their scouting game eventually, they should try to focus more on actual talent instead of trying to be the smartest ones in the room and reaching on multiple 1sts the last two years

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Why bother arguing with you when I can just quote your hot takes for everybody to have a good laugh.
Only thing giving anyone a laugh is you claiming the 2019 draft has shown its best talents, at age 19

Give everyone a winning lottery ticket number while you're at it, Mr. Prophet!

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Only thing giving anyone a laugh is you claiming the 2019 draft has shown its best talents, at age 19

Give everyone a winning lottery ticket number while you're at it, Mr. Prophet!

Not anybody that's actually capable of reading...

Am I alone in thinking the 2017 and 2019 drafts seem eerily similar?

2017, Hischier and Patrick duke it out for #1, but it takes little time for Heiskanen, Makar, and Petterson to establish themselves as better players.

2019, Hughes and Kakko are the obvious top 2. Still super early, but both end up having subpar seasons, while Dach, Byram, and Seider all look like studs.

This reads like you're mad that offensive black-hole super-reach defender Mo Seider is scoring at a better pace than Alex Holtz...

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m very tempted to go Heiskanen since I think he will be the Hedman of the group. Hedman was good when he came into the league but he took a little to become VICTOR HEDMAN. I see Heiskanen the same way. He’s actually better at 21 years old than Hedman was but I think in another 2 years he takes that same BIG step Hedman took and becomes arguably the best Dman in the league. However, that’s just my gut feeling and there’s no guarantee he reaches that ceiling, so I went with Pettersson at #1.

I’d go Pettersson, Heiskanen, Makar, Hischier in that order.

Reactions: Gains

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Heiskanen edges out Makar very slightly, but they are very clearly the top 2. None of the other draftees even come close.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Heiskanen edges out Makar very slightly, but they are very clearly the top 2. None of the other draftees even come close.
Probably not advisable for you to check out the poll results then :laugh:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Or HF isn't delusional enough to not see a center putting up a PPG in his D+2 and D+3 seasons as being a clear step below Makar and Heiskanen...

Except he's never put up a PPG. Please don't perpetuate falsities.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Oh right... .95PPG. Thanks for making that major correction.

So if Pettersson is a clear step down from Makar and Heiskanen, I guess that puts Marner several tiers below them, huh?

This is a thread about the 2017 draft - not the Leafs or their players, you should stay on topic. I don't consider a 66 point player to be on the level of 2 future Norris contenders.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Pettersson. It was even better than winning the draft lottery to have him still available as there was no way he’d be the top pick at the time of the draft. But I was still surprised he was available when the Canucks picked at fifth. I guess the scouts thought he was too skinny to succeed in the NHL.

Didn’t the Canucks rank him at #1?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is a thread about the 2017 draft - not the Leafs or their players, you should stay on topic. I don't consider a 66 point player to be on the level of 2 future Norris contenders.

It's actually pretty relevant and comparable considering Marner was .82PPG in his D+2 and D+3 seasons. The only reason you don't want to address it is because it backs you into the corner of either having to proclaim Marner to be inferior to Pettersson and not even close to the level of Makar and Miro, or you'd have to concede that your logic is nonsensical.

Hint: It's the latter.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's actually pretty relevant and comparable considering Marner was .82PPG in his D+2 and D+3 seasons. The only reason you don't want to address it is because it backs you into the corner of either having to proclaim Marner to be inferior to Pettersson and not even close to the level of Makar and Miro, or you'd have to concede that your logic is nonsensical.

Hint: It's the latter.

It's IPS discussing a Canucks player. Of course it is. Matthews would have never been called a 69 point player by him before this year.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
That holymackinaw guy had some quality style trolling of pro Leaf nonsense, you got some learning to do from that guy thats for sure. But keep it up this is entertaining basura you are spewing :laugh:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It's IPS discussing a Canucks player. Of course it is. Matthews would have never been called a 69 point player by him before this year.

This is probably even better than his, "Nylander is a better and more valuable center than Larkin", tirade.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Or HF isn't delusional enough to not see a center putting up a PPG in his D+2 and D+3 seasons as being a clear step below Makar and Heiskanen...

Pettersson has never been PPG player outside of the COVID bubble playoffs.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Pettersson has never been PPG player outside of the COVID bubble playoffs.

This was literally addressed in the two posts immediately after and yet you still decided to make the same nit-picking post about me barely rounding up.

Must be a boring day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad