2017 Re-draft #1 Overall

2017 Re-Draft: Who do you take at number 1?

• Nolan Patrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen Tippett

• Cody Glass

• Martin Necas

• Robert Thomas

• Jesper Boqvist

• Morgan Frost

• Michael Rasmussen

• Cal Foote

• Erik Brannstrom

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If you were to re-draft the 2017 draft in which order would you draft the players?

Let me know if I’m missing any names and I’ll add them for the next round. I’ll probably go until we get to 11th overall.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
This is going to be a gong show. I hope that we can all agree that it is one of Heiskanen, Makar, or Petterson, and different people will have different reasons for which one they would go with. None of the three are wrong.

My choice is EP based on where he is at now, and his potential. When this kid fills out I think he will be frightening.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
It’s a close top 3 that have separated themselves from the pack.
Makar
Heisianen
Petterson

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Petterson, Makar, Heiskanen in any order. Voted Petterson because i value C over anything, but they're all in the same range.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Tough call, Heiskanen, Pettersson, Makar could all be number one,
sure for real, only one can be number one but...still.

Going for the homer vote; Heiskanen.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm still baffled how scouts got it so wrong. It's not one of those cases where 4 or 5 years out from the draft some kind drafted in the 2nd round (Kucherov) exploded into a superstar out of nowhere. We were like 1 year removed from the draft when it started to become obvious the top two players chosen weren't going to be the top two players.

Anyway, my vote is for Pettersson.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Was between Heis and Makar for me, went with Heis. Oilers need help on the backend and one of these guys would be really good right now.

Petey is a good pick at 1 but I think the Oilers are one of the few teams that can afford to pass on him. No disrespect to the player.

Reactions: BCNate

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Pettersson. It was even better than winning the draft lottery to have him still available as there was no way he’d be the top pick at the time of the draft. But I was still surprised he was available when the Canucks picked at fifth. I guess the scouts thought he was too skinny to succeed in the NHL.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Pettersson. It was even better than winning the draft lottery to have him still available as there was no way he’d be the top pick at the time of the draft. But I was still surprised he was available when the Canucks picked at fifth. I guess the scouts thought he was too skinny to succeed in the NHL.
Dang talk about it we are like the happiest losers of that draft. First the Avs lost the 1st OV having the best odds with historical horrible season. Then Avs misses the Heiskanen pick because we needed a LHD badly considering at the time we had EJ and Barrie as RHD but our only hope for a young good LHD was Zadorov yikes. So missing on Heiskanen was very very disappointing considering the need and getting Makar instead who was boom or bust type of prospect. Finally got the best outcome out of it with how Sakic managed to reshape that defense when 3 years ago we had Beauchemin, Zadorov, Barberio, Tyutin and Wiercioch as our LHDs :laugh:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Top 30

1. Elias Pettersson
2. Miro Heiskanen
3. Cale Makar
4. Nico Hischier
5. Nick Suzuki
6. Robert Thomas
7. Martin Necas
8. Kailer Yamamoto
9. Nolan Patrick
10. Filip Chytil
HM: Gabe Vilardi, Cody Glass, Juuso Valimaki, Alexandre Texier, Erik Brannstrom, Timothy Liljegren, Henrik Jokiharju, Drake Batherson, Josh Norris, Emil Bemström, Jesper Boqvist

Reactions: Gains

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Am I alone in thinking the 2017 and 2019 drafts seem eerily similar?

2017, Hischier and Patrick duke it out for #1, but it takes little time for Heiskanen, Makar, and Petterson to establish themselves as better players.

2019, Hughes and Kakko are the obvious top 2. Still super early, but both end up having subpar seasons, while Dach, Byram, and Seider all look like studs.

Reactions: Gains and MessierII

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Suzuki has good playoff run and suddenly he is better then Hischier. clap clap clap Montreal!

Dach Byram and Seider looking good compared to Hughes and Kakko? Well perhaps Mr. Wings fan here doesn't realize that Byram and Seider haven't played in the NHL yet so comparing them to Hughes and Kakko is laughable. Dach has basically the same points as Hughes and Kakko but has Toews taking the harder match ups and Has Kane on his line.

I see really don't feel any of the other 2019 draft picks have outperformed the top 2 draft picks.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Am I alone in thinking the 2017 and 2019 drafts seem eerily similar?

2017, Hischier and Patrick duke it out for #1, but it takes little time for Heiskanen, Makar, and Petterson to establish themselves as better players.

2019, Hughes and Kakko are the obvious top 2. Still super early, but both end up having subpar seasons, while Dach, Byram, and Seider all look like studs.

I don’t think Byram, or Seider have proven anything to be considered better than Kakko and Hughes at this point.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don't think Hughes or Kakko have done anything to prove they were worth the top 2 spots.

I just usually don’t get too high on prospects until they play in the league.

Playing in the NHL is a lot harder than junior, or the AHL. Those guys might end up better, but I can’t put them above Hughes/Kakko until I see them in the NHL.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I just usually don’t get too high on prospects until they play in the league.

Playing in the NHL is a lot harder than junior, or the AHL. Those guys might end up better, but I can’t put them above Hughes/Kakko until I see them in the NHL.

Fair enough, though I'd say, at least in Seider's case, he's looked dominant against men. (In three different men's leagues now)

And Dach, obviously, has done it in the NHL.

FWIW though, I never saw Hughes as being NHL ready, size-wise, and Seider and Dach are on the other end of the spectrum. If and when he puts on 10-15 pounds, things could be way different.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Fair enough, though I'd say, at least in Seider's case, he's looked dominant against men. (In three different men's leagues now)

And Dach, obviously, has done it in the NHL.

FWIW though, I never saw Hughes as being NHL ready, size-wise, and Seider and Dach are on the other end of the spectrum. If and when he puts on 10-15 pounds, things could be way different.

I’m not sure Dach proved himself much more than Hughes/Kakko, though he did look good in the return to play.

Seider has certainly proven himself more than Byram. I like Byram a lot, but he just hasn’t had the chance to show what he can do against men at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad