2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
McCaffrey is a real wild card to me. I'm not sure what to think of him. Sure, his college production was off the charts, but I don't know how he'll do in the pros. I bet a few teams don't see him as a true running back, either.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
McCaffrey is a real wild card to me. I'm not sure what to think of him. Sure, his college production was off the charts, but I don't know how he'll do in the pros. I bet a few teams don't see him as a true running back, either.

True, though at worst he will be Danny Woodhead. If you are in a PPR or return yard league I think he's a pretty safe bet.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
What do you guys think of Brandin Cooks now that he is in New England? Great WR in a great place but Pats spread things around a lot

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Cooks is interesting but I've generally been leery of taking NE WRs for fantasy other than Edelman (PPR league).

Cooks and his speed will be a legit deep threat for Brady, but he will be a frustrating player to have on your roster. I'm sure he'll have roller coaster numbers week to week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Slight downgrade because of the trade. WR2.

Agreed. I think Cooks is on the lower end of the WR2 discussion, while he'd be on the higher end if he was still in New Orleans. Sure, Michael Thomas emerged as the guy, but Cooks playing in that dome is still a better situation than playing with the spread the ball around offense of New England.

Cooks is interesting but I've generally been leery of taking NE WRs for fantasy other than Edelman (PPR league).

Cooks and his speed will be a legit deep threat for Brady, but he will be a frustrating player to have on your roster. I'm sure he'll have roller coaster numbers week to week.

That's the case with most players, but I don't expect extremes like a DeSean Jackson or something like that.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Getting rid of Brock makes him a winner already. Savage will at least feed him the ball.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, all of my leagues wait until the summer.

I have Davis, Williams, and Fournette as my top three as of today. McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon next. Then Ross, Kamara, and probably OJ Howard and Evan Engram rounding out the top ten.

So, draft is a bit closer now but we do have some more information. As of now, my top rookie dynasty picks would be:

1. Fournette - Should be a top ten NFL pick and instant fantasy RB2 or better.
2. Joe Mixon - This is probably a questionable pick here, but if he lands in the right situation and his draft pedigree is high enough (top two rounds) then I think he deserves this slot.
3. Dalvin Cook - Probably will go a bit later than originally projected in the NFL draft, but is the prototypical guy. Can easily flip with Mixon after the draft.

---- This is my first tier break as of now. I think the top three have legit RB1 upside. Question marks circle in from here ---

4. Christian McCaffrey - I hate going RB with my top four now, but I don't think I have a choice. He should go in the top 20. Cracks the top tier in PPR or return leagues.
5. Corey Davis - I love his talent, but I have major concerns to where he will land in the draft. Small school, no workout #s, no pre-draft anything really. I think there's a legitimate chance he slips to the 2nd round in the NFL draft.
6. Mike Williams - A safer bet to go in the 1st round, but I don't like his upside as much as Davis. Again, this could change if he goes top ten and Davis slips to late 1st/2nd.

--- Another tier break. If you have a top six pick, you should be pretty happy ---
7. Alvin Kamara - Here's a guy that there are mixed opinions on around most dynasty analysts. I'm hedging a bit here because I think he could be in that higher tier after the draft. Most landing spot dependent player to me, because he could be a 3-down back or purely used as a 3rd down back.
8. OJ Howard - The leagues that I am in really undervalue TE's, year after year, and then you end up chasing TE's. Do yourself a favor and have 2 good TE's so that you don't have to worry about even looking at the position anymore and can instead backfill your roster with RB's. That said, there's a good chance Howard isn't the top fantasy TE out of this class in 10 years because of the depth. However, he's going to start in the league for a long time. Howard is the ultimate layup pick to me, but I understand if you want to aim higher.
9. Donta Foreman - I think he'll score TD's in the NFL, but he also has the makings of a guy that will drive you crazy because the team is down by 17 and he's off the field for a 3rd down back.

---I think this is the next big tier break---

10. Samaje Perine - Really depends on landing spot.
11. John Ross -Everyone is extremely down on him, but I do think he will be a useful fantasy asset.
12. David Njoku - Could easiliy end up being the best TE in the draft

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
All RBs in your top four? Interesting.

I'll be honest, pre-draft rankings mean less for this class than any other year. Landing spot is always so key for RBs and the draft is filled with them. All of the top 3 WR's have question marks.

I just saw that Gil Brandt released his top 150 prospects and he has John Ross at 10, Mike Williams at 23, and Corey Davis at 31. I don't care about Brandt's list too much, but this is his "final" one so I am kind of intrigued by it. Corey Davis is a guy that I think the fantasy football community is higher on than actual NFL people as of now, so you will see him at #1 on many boards.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So... I guess don't keep Ingram? I was right on the fence with him. He has very good per carry numbers, but the Saints just won't expand his role. I feel like he's just going to turn into a 3rd down back with AP in the fold, and lose red zone carries.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So... I guess don't keep Ingram? I was right on the fence with him. He has very good per carry numbers, but the Saints just won't expand his role. I feel like he's just going to turn into a 3rd down back with AP in the fold, and lose red zone carries.

I don't think he turns into a 3rd down back and will still be a capable low-end RB2.

But, I advocated keeping Cooper over him at the time and would still do that now.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I know I originally said to keep Ingram over Cooper, but I changed my mind a few days later. Definitely keep Cooper now.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I hope Fournette doesn't go to the Jags. Their line is awful. He's constantly going to face an eight man box. For fantasy purposes, that landing spot is not ideal. But I think there's a good chance of it happening.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I hope Fournette doesn't go to the Jags. Their line is awful. He's constantly going to face an eight man box. For fantasy purposes, that landing spot is not ideal. But I think there's a good chance of it happening.

Yeah it's not ideal, but really none of the likely landing spots are ideal for him unfortunately.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Pretty great first day of the draft for the fantasy guys. Having those 3 WR's go in the top ten was quite surprising, but draft pedigree matters and the value of those guys has gone up. Fournette and McCaffrey both solidified themselves as well.

If you play in a Superflex league as well, pretty great day for prospects. 3 QB prospects going that high really strengthens the first round of rookie drafts.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Zeke to Dallas was a complete freak scenario. One horrendous year for a consistently solid team lands them a great back to run behind an all-time great line. Anything is going to look bad if you compare it to that situation.

Don't think the Jags is all that bad of a situation. Below average line for sure, but nothing out of the norm for a team that is drafting top-5. Fournette will be fine and should contribute right away.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I hold the 2nd pick in a league. That's the highest I'm picking in any league by far. Who is the favorite to go second overall in a rookie draft at this moment? Davis or McCaffrey?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I hold the 2nd pick in a league. That's the highest I'm picking in any league by far. Who is the favorite to go second overall in a rookie draft at this moment? Davis or McCaffrey?

Corey Davis, IMO.

You could talk me into him for 1st overall, too.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Peterson signs with the Saints and now they drafted Alvin Kamara in the 3rd. I feel really bad for Ingram. I wont be keeping him this year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Rookie draft thoughts..

I think Fournette, McCaffrey, Williams, and Davis are the top tier. Can't go wrong with any of those guys. Mixon, Cook, and Ross in another tier to make a top 7.

After that, it's a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad