2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Keep Amari Cooper, Mark Ingram or DeMarco Murray in a standard league (I'm already keeping 2 receivers so Cooper would be a Flex keeper)?

Cooper is the most talented, but I already have 2 receivers and he was straight up awful in the second half of the season, which worries me a bit. Injury maybe?

Henry really worries me going forward in regards to eating into Murray's production. That being said, he was one of the best fantasy players in the league this year and still looks to have something left in the tank, so I have to consider him.

Ingram is great, but the Saints don't seem to think so for whatever reason. I don't know any other RB in the league that is kept on such a bizarrely short leash. Still managed to be a top 10 back this year despite some odd coaching decisions, and that 5.1 yards per carry is VERY encouraging.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Keep Amari Cooper, Mark Ingram or DeMarco Murray in a standard league (I'm already keeping 2 receivers so Cooper would be a Flex keeper)?

Cooper is the most talented, but I already have 2 receivers and he was straight up awful in the second half of the season, which worries me a bit. Injury maybe?

Henry really worries me going forward in regards to eating into Murray's production. That being said, he was one of the best fantasy players in the league this year and still looks to have something left in the tank, so I have to consider him.

Ingram is great, but the Saints don't seem to think so for whatever reason. I don't know any other RB in the league that is kept on such a bizarrely short leash. Still managed to be a top 10 back this year despite some odd coaching decisions, and that 5.1 yards per carry is VERY encouraging.

I'm pretty sure that Hightower is a free agent, so Ingram's workload should be fine for next year. I'd keep him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am starting to get fed up with Gronkowski's injuries. Sure, he's the ultimate difference maker in fantasy football when healthy, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field the last few years (at least it feels that way).

What could I get for him in a dynasty? I mean, I'd probably be selling low, but I really am sick of him. This team lost in the semifinals. I really thought I could win this year. (Don't ask why I have so many tight ends... we can't flex them.)

Team (12 team PPR):

QB- Stafford
WR- Evans, Cooper, Nelson
RB- Elliott, L. Miller
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Snead
K- Bailey
DEF- Kansas City
BN- Rivers, Hightower, Garcon, Maclin, Meredith, Fuller, R. Anderson, L. Green, Walker, Atlanta
IR- Bernard, Z. Miller

I obviously need running back depth, but what is good value at this point?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I am starting to get fed up with Gronkowski's injuries. Sure, he's the ultimate difference maker in fantasy football when healthy, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field the last few years (at least it feels that way).

What could I get for him in a dynasty? I mean, I'd probably be selling low, but I really am sick of him. This team lost in the semifinals. I really thought I could win this year. (Don't ask why I have so many tight ends... we can't flex them.)

Team (12 team PPR):

QB- Stafford
RB- Elliott, L. Miller
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Snead
K- Bailey
DEF- Kansas City
BN- Rivers, Hightower, Garcon, Maclin, Meredith, Fuller, R. Anderson, L. Green, Walker, Atlanta
IR- Bernard, Z. Miller

What about someone like Derrick Henry?

Did you post this on Rotoworld too?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

I would keep Amari Cooper, as long as it's a format where you can continually keep guys year-over-year. His inconsistency is frustrating but he was still a high-end WR2 and is extremely young.

Team (12 team PPR):

QB- Stafford
RB- Elliott, L. Miller
TE- Gronkowski
Flex- Snead
K- Bailey
DEF- Kansas City
IR- Bernard, Z. Miller

The first thing would be figuring out the teams that are interested in him, as I think there are other owners that are thinking the same as you and might want to stay away from him.

But if you want to upgrade at RB, I think instead of trading for one you make sure you get a top rookie pick and fill the hole that way. I don't think you are getting a blue-chip RB for Gronk but if you can get a player and a top 3-5 pick I think you will end up alright.

If you do trade Gronk, I would try to grab Hunter Henry in either that trade or a separate deal. With the potential news of Gates coming back I think his owner's are a bit scared, but I do think he will be a top TE next year and for the years to come.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What about someone like Derrick Henry?

Did you post this on Rotoworld too?

Yeah, I did. (Don't go looking for me now, guys.)

Ideally, I'd get someone better than Henry.

The first thing would be figuring out the teams that are interested in him, as I think there are other owners that are thinking the same as you and might want to stay away from him.

But if you want to upgrade at RB, I think instead of trading for one you make sure you get a top rookie pick and fill the hole that way. I don't think you are getting a blue-chip RB for Gronk but if you can get a player and a top 3-5 pick I think you will end up alright.

If you do trade Gronk, I would try to grab Hunter Henry in either that trade or a separate deal. With the potential news of Gates coming back I think his owner's are a bit scared, but I do think he will be a top TE next year and for the years to come.

The Henry owner has an absolutely loaded team. He has Olsen and Henry as his TEs. I'm a huge fan of Hunter Henry, but I don't think I'm gonna get him.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, I did. (Don't go looking for me now, guys.)

Ideally, I'd get someone better than Henry.

The Henry owner has an absolutely loaded team. He has Olsen and Henry as his TEs. I'm a huge fan of Hunter Henry, but I don't think I'm gonna get him.

Yeah, which is kind of the trouble with TE's. If you are in a 12 team league, you have 11 potential buyers. That guy is fine. The guys with Jordan Reed and Travis Kelce probably think they're fine too. Then if your leagues are like mine, there are a couple of teams that are hard to make trades with, especially in the off-season. Suddenly your market is like 4 or 5 teams.

This next rookie draft is a great one for TE's, so you might be okay with Green & Miller for a season or so. I would really try to target the worst teams in the league and grab a high 1st rounder + something else for him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I think I changed my mind and am now leaning Cooper. Who are your other keepers?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I know it's super early, and we don't know where they will end up, but I would lean Dalvin Cook at 1.1 over Leonard Fournette at this stage.

Not that I'll have a chance to pick either of them, but still...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know it's super early, and we don't know where they will end up, but I would lean Dalvin Cook at 1.1 over Leonard Fournette at this stage.

Not that I'll have a chance to pick either of them, but still...

Too early to tell. I can see Cook in a PPR league for sure.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I just sent out an offer:

I get: Melvin Gordon
I give: Rob Gronkowski and 13th overall

Fair offer?

I wouldn't. I'm down on Gronk as much as anyone, but it's not like he's projected to be hurt at the start of next season. He's still the very easy #1 TE by a long shot, even if he's extremely risky. The TE position is complete garbage league-wide; if you get Gronk in there, it's a massive advantage. Not sure how many keepers are in your league, but 13 sounds like a pretty good pick.

Not fully sold on Gordon. The receiving production was a big bonus, but he was very volume/TD dependent this year. Volume-dependency isn't necessarily a bad thing, but with Woodhead coming back... The YPC numbers are still consistently underwhelming and the big play ability doesn't seem to be there.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Alright, I retracted the offer. Thanks.

I'd still try to trade Gronk, but maybe wait until the season gets going, because he WILL produce if he's in the line-up. I just wouldn't do it when his value is at such a low. Sell high, buy low generally isn't a good strategy for anything. Yes, it's still a risk, but I think it could be worth it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This could change anytime, but with Lance Kendricks cut and the Rams going with a Redskins-like offense Tyler Higbee becomes a very intriguing TE. Worth a stash in a deep league. I could see him being a TE1 if they don't sign a Bennett or someone like that.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
This could change anytime, but with Lance Kendricks cut and the Rams going with a Redskins-like offense Tyler Higbee becomes a very intriguing TE. Worth a stash in a deep league. I could see him being a TE1 if they don't sign a Bennett or someone like that.

Higbee would have been a much higher pick if he didn't have some off the field issue a month or so before the draft. I liked him in college (Western Kentucky, I think?).

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Higbee would have been a much higher pick if he didn't have some off the field issue a month or so before the draft. I liked him in college (Western Kentucky, I think?).

Yeah, he would have been. Looks like his starting job, unless they grab someone in Round 2. I'm sure the hype will build soon, but he's someone that will be in the late TE1 mix year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Rookie draft orders are starting to shake out. Looks like the first tier has six guys as of now, then an extremely large second tier.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I also think that this is pretty much your last chance to sell off your RB's in dynasty leagues. There are going to be a ton of RB's whose value is at a peak right now, and when all these RB's go in the top 3 rounds next month their value is going to be killed. If you can trade those guys for draft picks, do it. I would be perfectly fine with trimming your roster down to 2-3 backs and grab a handful of late 1st and 2nd rounders.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Rookie draft orders are starting to shake out. Looks like the first tier has six guys as of now, then an extremely large second tier.

It's difficult to judge without knowing where players will go. Some leagues draft rookies before the real NFL draft, which I am not a fan of at all.

I'd go:

Fournette
Williams

Davis
Cook
Ross

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's difficult to judge without knowing where players will go. Some leagues draft rookies before the real NFL draft, which I am not a fan of at all.

I'd go:

Fournette
Williams

Davis
Cook
Ross

Yeah, all of my leagues wait until the summer.

I have Davis, Williams, and Fournette as my top three as of today. McCaffrey, Cook, and Mixon next. Then Ross, Kamara, and probably OJ Howard and Evan Engram rounding out the top ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad