2017 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
With Mike Williams potentially being out for the year, does that change his dynasty value at all? If so, how much?

Also, I will be making the 2017 season discussion thread on August 1st.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With Mike Williams potentially being out for the year, does that change his dynasty value at all? If so, how much?

Also, I will be making the 2017 season discussion thread on August 1st.

It changes his value in startup drafts for sure - I think he falls behind a number of guys.

The problem with dropping him in rookie drafts is.. who do you drop him behind? I think I still like him ahead of Ross. So are you going to drop him behind RB's drafted in the 3rd or 4th round?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It changes his value in startup drafts for sure - I think he falls behind a number of guys.

The problem with dropping him in rookie drafts is.. who do you drop him behind? I think I still like him ahead of Ross. So are you going to drop him behind RB's drafted in the 3rd or 4th round?

It sounds like he won't need surgery.

Williams was never the healthiest guy in college if I remember correctly, so he seems like an injury risk.

Edit: Also, I have the 4th pick in a start up dynasty.

1. Who do I take if Odell, Evans and Zeke are off the board?
2. There is a superflex, so when do I take a QB or two?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

Williams was never the healthiest guy in college if I remember correctly, so he seems like an injury risk.

1. I would go Zeke, DJ, Evans, Odell, Bell, Cooper, Howard, Ajayi, Gordon, Thomas
2. I have never played superplex or 2 QB, and I usually wait on QBs. Maybe try and get a Luck or Winston early and wait for your 2nd one. I personally would still wait on QBs even with 2 QB spots.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

1. I would go Zeke, DJ, Evans, Odell, Bell, Cooper, Howard, Ajayi, Gordon, Thomas
2. I have never played superplex or 2 QB, and I usually wait on QBs. Maybe try and get a Luck or Winston early and wait for your 2nd one. I personally would still wait on QBs even with 2 QB spots.

David Johnson, I think. Would really love to trade out of that pick though. If you don't want to go RB, I have no problem with Amari Cooper either. I would also have Howard or Ajayi nowhere near my top ten in a Superflex dynasty.

I play a good amount of Superflex, and it's very intriguing because people don't know how to evaluate the QBs. Everyone does it differently. Even the "experts" on sites have some pretty terrible Superflex or 2QB rankings, though even saying that it's just my subjective opinion saying they are terrible.

That said, I would draft QBs extremely high. The teams that have two good starting QB's are consistently the top ones in Superflex leagues. The group that I would target is Winston, Mariota, and Carr and try to pick one or both the 2nd and 3rd round.

If you do get DJ, you could also just become a win-now team. Draft Brady & Brees in the first 5 rounds and you will be in the championship mix immediately with those three. Just depends what you are trying to do.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
David Johnson, I think. Would really love to trade out of that pick though. If you don't want to go RB, I have no problem with Amari Cooper either. I would also have Howard or Ajayi nowhere near my top ten in a Superflex dynasty.

Agreed that DJ is the pick. Bell is OK there and I don't know about Cooper.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I play a good amount of Superflex, and it's very intriguing because people don't know how to evaluate the QBs. Everyone does it differently. Even the "experts" on sites have some pretty terrible Superflex or 2QB rankings, though even saying that it's just my subjective opinion saying they are terrible.

That said, I would draft QBs extremely high. The teams that have two good starting QB's are consistently the top ones in Superflex leagues. The group that I would target is Winston, Mariota, and Carr and try to pick one or both the 2nd and 3rd round.

If you do get DJ, you could also just become a win-now team. Draft Brady & Brees in the first 5 rounds and you will be in the championship mix immediately with those three. Just depends what you are trying to do.

Yeah, I don't like Howard or Ajayi for a PPR superflex league either in the top 10.

I could go Brady and Brees since I honestly think they could both play at least three more years. I've only played in a few two QB leagues before, and I went QB early in all of them. They were single year leagues, though.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just took Mixon 3rd overall in a PPR dynasty. I just couldn't pull the trigger on McCaffrey. I'm not really a fan with Cam and Stewart both still there.

Edit: Rookie/free agent draft

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just took Mixon 3rd overall in a PPR dynasty. I just couldn't pull the trigger on McCaffrey. I'm not really a fan with Cam and Stewart both still there.

Edit: Rookie/free agent draft

I'm fine with that, though McCaffrey in PPR is tough to pass.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Rookie Draft for my 12 team dynasty

Alvin Kamara at 1.12
Zay Jones at 2.3
Marlon Mack at 2.7
Ardarius Stewart at 4.11
Pierre Garcon at 4.12 (we can draft free agents if we want and I think he will be a solid depth player to have this season)

Traded Latavius Murray plus 3.12 for 2.3 and 2.7.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Alvin Kamara at 1.12
Zay Jones at 2.3
Marlon Mack at 2.7
Ardarius Stewart at 4.11
Pierre Garcon at 4.12 (we can draft free agents if we want and I think he will be a solid depth player to have this season)

Looks good. Great Murray trade, too.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Alvin Kamara at 1.12
Zay Jones at 2.3
Marlon Mack at 2.7
Ardarius Stewart at 4.11

Garcon should be a target monster with the 49ers most likely behind in most of their games. I'm surprised you even got "that much" for Murray. Kamara should fill the Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles role. And Jones might contribute right away. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad