E.Griffen
M.Wilkerson
D.Poe
D.Buckner
L.Williams
E.Ansah

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Dunlap or Griffen. Get someone that gets sacks.

Thanks again man. Who do you think is the best available RB for a one year league from the following:

Marlon Mack
Robert Turbin
D.Foreman
R.Burkhead
T.Hightower
J.Langford
R.Jennings
Aaron Jones

Which of these guys if any would you chose over RB's like J.Rodgers and K.Juszczyk?

Thanks

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
In a PPR league what would you guys want in return for Andrew Luck?

I've got him on his last year as a keeper on my squad. Got two more years of Jameis so my thought process is to trade Luck while I can.

I want to announce that Lucks on the block at my draft so it's easier to work out a deal then and there. But I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is want in return. Our league allows two keepers - my keepers are Luck and Jameis. Don't really have anyone else on my roster that's better than what I could get in return for either of my two QBs.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

I've got him on his last year as a keeper on my squad. Got two more years of Jameis so my thought process is to trade Luck while I can.

I want to announce that Lucks on the block at my draft so it's easier to work out a deal then and there. But I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is want in return. Our league allows two keepers - my keepers are Luck and Jameis. Don't really have anyone else on my roster that's better than what I could get in return for either of my two QBs.

If someone else traded for him, does the clock reset? Or he'll have to be thrown back regardless?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Is it a single-QB league?

I'm a bit confused by your format, but under most formats I wouldn't have any QB's as keepers.. you should be keeping other positions.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's a single QB league. Regular lineup - QB/2 WR/TE/2 RB/K/DST

We get 2 keepers. Clock wouldn't reset on Luck - it would be basically Andrew Luck for this last year of his deal.

We are only allowed to keep players three years. That rule is in place to disallow someone drafting a Peyton Manning or Gronk or something and then holding on to them forever.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

We get 2 keepers. Clock wouldn't reset on Luck - it would be basically Andrew Luck for this last year of his deal.

We are only allowed to keep players three years. That rule is in place to disallow someone drafting a Peyton Manning or Gronk or something and then holding on to them forever.

I wouldn't give up market value for Luck knowing that I wouldn't be able to keep him beyond this season. I honestly probably wouldn't trade for him at all.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Does everyone in the league keep QBs or something? Wasting those keeper slots on QBs doesn't make sense to me.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
We do auction draft - $10 is the minimum and I had Luck for $10.

QBs score the most points in our league but yeah - I understand where you're coming from. A good WR or RB is always more valuable. I just haven't been able to get one at a fair market price so my keepers will be Luck and Jameis. Last year I carried Luck and Thomas Rawls, but now Rawls is basically out of a job (at least a full time one). My only other option was AJ Green at like 65 bucks. Our cap is 200.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
We do auction draft - $10 is the minimum and I had Luck for $10.

QBs score the most points in our league but yeah - I understand where you're coming from. A good WR or RB is always more valuable. I just haven't been able to get one at a fair market price so my keepers will be Luck and Jameis. Last year I carried Luck and Thomas Rawls, but now Rawls is basically out of a job (at least a full time one). My only other option was AJ Green at like 65 bucks. Our cap is 200.

Who are your other options? Winston isn't even really a keeper option in that format.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Unfortunately, I traded away my first rounder in my two main dynasties. I won one of them, and I lost in the semis in the other one.

Here are my picks in my leagues. I am in six dynasty leagues.

2nd
14th
26th (haven't decided on a third round or not since it's a new league)

4th
16th
28th

10th
22nd

13th

15th
19th
28th

13th
27th

I don't have many high picks at all. Luckily, this is the deepest fantasy draft in awhile, I think.

My top 10 as of now is:

C. Davis (TEN)
L. Fournette (JAX)
C. McCaffrey (CAR)
J. Mixon (CIN)
D. Cook (MIN)
M. Williams (LAC)
J. Ross (CIN)
K. Hunt (KC)
S. Perine (WAS)
O. Howard (TB)

Thoughts?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Here's my list for standard, with a few notes:
1. L Fournette (completely fine with Davis here as well, comes down to league rules & team need)
2. C Davis
3. J Mixon
4. C McCaffrey (moves up to #2 in a PPR for me, behind only Davis)
5. D Cook
6. M Williams
7. J Ross
8. K Hunt
9. A Kamara
10. S Perine
11. D Njoku
12. O Howard
13. E Engram
-----

And that is my first tier. I think if you can get one of those top 13 guys you will be alright. I have Hunt and Kamara ahead of Perine because I think they are more likely to be 3-down backs and give you a chance to strike gold. I have Njoku over Howard - better production in college, similar upside, and should contribute quicker. Both are fine though.

Targets the rest of the way, in order:
Donta Foreman (2nd)
Marlon Mack (2nd)
Curtis Samuel (2nd)
James Conner (3rd)
Jeremy McNichols (3rd)
Carlos Henderson (2nd in leagues where you get kick return points)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have a huge problem in one of my leagues.

14 team dynasty, shallow benches and can only start up to three WRs at a time... non-PPR.

I have Cooper, Cooks, A. Robinson, Landry, Parker, M. Bryant, Beasley and Treadwell. Those eight receivers are taking up exactly half of my roster (and five of eight bench spots). Nobody wants to trade a running back for one of them since people overvalue running backs, it seems.

I'm screwed, right? My running backs are Freeman, Charles, D. Washington (DET) and Farrow (who I'm going to cut).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sounds bad, you were grabbing WR's because they were falling due to RB runs?

Cooper and Cooks I drafted myself. The rest, believe it or not, were free agent adds in my three (four?) years in the league.

I remember when Amari Cooper was a rookie, I got him 5th overall because the first four guys took a running back.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can you sign free agent RBs?

Also, cut Beasley too. He will never start for you, I'd much rather sign any RB with upside.

Can you trade a WR or two for draft picks?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Can you sign free agent RBs?

Also, cut Beasley too. He will never start for you, I'd much rather sign any RB with upside.

Can you trade a WR or two for draft picks?

Not until the draft is over

And yeah, I was thinking about just cutting Beasley.

And I could, but I don't know who is going to bite since you can start only two WRs if you really wanted to.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not until the draft is over

And yeah, I was thinking about just cutting Beasley.

And I could, but I don't know who is going to bite since you can start only two WRs if you really wanted to.

I think 6 WRs is a reasonable amount, especially with Treadwell being a longterm play. So cut Beasley and then you really only need to trade once guy. Even in a standard league there must be people who will give up something decent for a high-end WR.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Choosing between two of the three best RBs in fantasy in a one-player keeper league should not be any more complicated than which one you like better. But Zeke and Leveon are adding new layers to the decision every day.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Choosing between two of the three best RBs in fantasy in a one-player keeper league should not be any more complicated than which one you like better. But Zeke and Leveon are adding new layers to the decision every day.

Yeah, between Elliott's off the field stuff and Bell possibly leaving, I'm not sure. Bell's value will plummet if he leaves Pittsburgh, and who knows with Elliott. I still think I'd keep Elliott, but I wouldn't be that comfortable doing so.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Zeke scares me more than Bell. While Bell has a clear history of off-the-field issues as well, they aren't/weren't as damning as a lot of the stuff coming out about Zeke right now.

There's also the aspect that Bell is the clear #1 RB in the league if he's playing, and, for as amazing as Zeke was, it's still just one year compared to Bell's more proven track record. There's nothing he can't do from running the ball, to catching the ball, to blocking. He's legitimately the cream of the crop at every aspect. That's the type of complete skill-set that will ensure he's kept on the field regardless of where he goes. There's also evidence that, while he's patient to let his blockers do the work for him, he's also extremely elusive and will make people miss. Only hole in his game is that he doesn't usually break off long runs. No question he'll take a hit if he leaves Pittsburgh (can't see that happening), as his utilization under Tomlin is insane, but still, clear best RB in the league if he's on the field IMO.

Regardless, David Johnson owners are laughing right now. Guy just goes out and does his job with no strings attached and puts up crazy production.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
With Zeke Elliott potentially getting suspended, my only other RBs are Lamar Miller and Gio Bernard. It is a 12 team PPR with 20 man rosters.

I always feel like I am short on running backs in every single dynasty that I'm in. My top three WRs for this league (we can start up to four) are Evans, Cooper and Jordy.

Would offering something like Cooper for Jordan Howard, Davante Adams and 10th overall be a stupid idea? I'm desperate.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With Zeke Elliott potentially getting suspended, my only other RBs are Lamar Miller and Gio Bernard. It is a 12 team PPR with 20 man rosters.

I always feel like I am short on running backs in every single dynasty that I'm in. My top three WRs for this league (we can start up to four) are Evans, Cooper and Jordy.

Would offering something like Cooper for Jordan Howard, Davante Adams and 10th overall be a stupid idea? I'm desperate.

Try and grab a 2018 1st in any deal if you are moving Cooper. Some great RBs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->