Speculation: 2017 Off Season Discussion V - rt calls his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
You'd have to take them for free of course but you really shouldn't take them over Point. I'm really surprised Babcock allowed this to happen. Probably too much pressure in Toronto but Marner should not be in the NHL at this point. He's about as one dimensional as Gaudreau who needs not one but two babysitters. Take Monahan and Backlund away and the kid gets destroyed every single game.
Point on the other side can play in any role no matter what. At the end when Tampa tried to rescue their season Point was their top Center playing 20mins per game. He was their go to guy on both PP and PK. He did no matter what. He can play in a shutdown role and he can score. Marner and Gaudreau can play on the PP and 3vs3. With a bit of luck they don't gather too much minus if you give them loads of offensive zone starts against weak opposition alongside two babysitters:laugh:

Bruh...you know Marner is the most defensively competent player on his line right. JvR and Bozak are the opposite of babysitters...

I'm a big Keller fan and I think Marner is a good comparable. Offensive catalyst who competes hard, actually backchecks and has a knack for stripping the puck

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bruh...you know Marner is the most defensively competent player on his line right. JvR and Bozak are the opposite of babysitters...

I'm a big Keller fan and I think Marner is a good comparable. Offensive catalyst who competes hard, actually backchecks and has a knack for stripping the puck

Don't bother. He gets a notion from the ether and it may as well be divinely etched in stone tablets.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ideally:
Domi - Stepan - Duclair
Perlini - Dvorak - Fischer
McGinn - Strome - Keller
Martinook - Cousins/Richardson - Rieder

I'd mix that up a little:

Domi-Stepan-Duclair
Perlini-Dvorak-Fischer
Nook-Richardson-Rieder <--shut down, match up line
McGinn-Strome-Keller <--sheltered 5v5 mins line
Cousins

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I think Rinaldo probably won't see a minute in the NHL this year, but if he makes the team out of camp, I don't think I can watch a Coyotes game until he's sent down. He makes Jon Scott look like Alex Kovalev.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
I think Rinaldo probably won't see a minute in the NHL this year, but if he makes the team out of camp, I don't think I can watch a Coyotes game until he's sent down. He makes Jon Scott look like Alex Kovalev.

Not going to watch a game because of one grinder?

Even though the team will have Domi, Dvorak, Duclair, OEL, Perlini, Chychrun, Stepan, likely Strome, likely Keller, etc.

People are tough to please.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

:laugh: he actually showed well yesterday. Doubt we'll lose you, but you never know!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I know most fans see Domi - Stepan being 2/3 of the #1 line...I want to see Keller - Stepan and Domi - Strome...

Unlikely I know.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Bozak is an excellent two way Center and from what I saw, the trio mostly faced weak competition and got loads of offensive zone starts.
Marner probably doesn't even know what backchecking is...

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Today's trivia question: Which of these players did not play for the Coyotes? No cheating ;)

Pavel Brendl
Brett Hull
Tim Jackman
Scott Pellerin
Robert Reichel
Mikael Renberg
Mike Rupp
Matthieu Schneider

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think...

Pavel Brendl No
Brett Hull Yes
Tim Jackman Yes
Scott Pellerin Yes
Robert Reichel Yes
Mikael Renberg No
Mike Rupp Yes
Matthieu Schneider Yes

samabam

May 3, 2006
Munich
Pavel Brendl - I dont remember whether he actually played for us, but we did acquire him in some minor trade
Brett Hull Yes
Tim Jackman Yes
Scott Pellerin Yes
Robert Reichel Yes
Mikael Renberg- Yes, we did get Renberg from the Flyers for our current Head Coach
Mike Rupp Yes
Matthieu Schneider Yes

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I thought rupp never actually played? I could be mistaken, but I thought we acquired him, and then moved him before he played.

I don't recall Brendl or jack man at all, the rest I'm pretty sure played.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Pavel Brendl - I dont remember whether he actually played for us, but we did acquire him in some minor trade
Brett Hull Yes
Tim Jackman Yes
Scott Pellerin Yes
Robert Reichel Yes
Mikael Renberg- Yes, we did get Renberg from the Flyers for our current Head Coach
Mike Rupp Yes
Matthieu Schneider Yes

This is my answer exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad