Speculation: 2017 Off Season Discussion V - rt calls his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Forgot about Stefan the Savior. Nice!

Of course being a franchise savior comes easy if you're not from that stench big known as Sweden, from where only thieves, litter bugs, green boogers, and maggots manage to crawl out. The low moral fiber capital of the world.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I’m eating crow on Keller. And I’m happy to be wrong. Excited to see what this kid brings this season.

The one player I’m very happy about was Miska. Goes down to Tucson and gets a shutout his first game. Excited to have him in the pipeline

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I’m eating crow on Keller. And I’m happy to be wrong. Excited to see what this kid brings this season.

The one player I’m very happy about was Miska. Goes down to Tucson and gets a shutout his first game. Excited to have him in the pipeline
I like taking the numbers approach with young goalies. Throw crap at the wall and see what sticks.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I'm with you Keller. He just looks so small I thought he'd need at least a year to get bigger and stronger but that hasn't been the case at all. Then I thought they'd need a shooter on that line but they seem to be gelling really well. He's been our best player in the preseason and it's not close. Hope that continues into the regular season because if so, he's going to be a star. I still think he has the talent to be a center in the future as well.

I like that Tocc seems willing to leave guys together to develop chemistry. Now he needs to figure out a line that works for Strome so we're taking advantage of the offense he can bring. Dvo brings a lot in all areas. Strome needs to be on a scoring line imo or he's being wasted.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm with you Keller. He just looks so small I thought he'd need at least a year to get bigger and stronger but that hasn't been the case at all. Then I thought they'd need a shooter on that line but they seem to be gelling really well. He's been our best player in the preseason and it's not close. Hope that continues into the regular season because if so, he's going to be a star. I still think he has the talent to be a center in the future as well.

I like that Tocc seems willing to leave guys together to develop chemistry. Now he needs to figure out a line that works for Strome so we're taking advantage of the offense he can bring. Dvo brings a lot in all areas. Strome needs to be on a scoring line imo or he's being wasted.

I think the perfect linemates for him would be Kyle Chipchura and David Moss. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Yandover

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think the perfect linemates for him would be Kyle Chipchura and David Moss. :sarcasm:
Emoji fail. I need to know the new code for the sarcasm emoji, because I use it heavily.

I've liked Keller's game, but I wouldn't say he's been by far our best player, Stepan and domi have been great too. Of course they're all feeding off of each other, so it's kind of hard to pinpoint one, but to say it's not close is a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Emoji fail. I need to know the new code for the sarcasm emoji, because I use it heavily.

I've liked Keller's game, but I wouldn't say he's been by far our best player, Stepan and domi have been great too. Of course they're all feeding off of each other, so it's kind of hard to pinpoint one, but to say it's not close is a bit of an exaggeration imo.

Keller is our shiny new toy so he gets all the praise.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've been really impressed by Stepan. I think when we look back a few years from now the DeAngelo trade will be a clear win for us. Just a hunch

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've been really impressed by Stepan. I think when we look back a few years from now the DeAngelo trade will be a clear win for us. Just a hunch
I actually think he's the best pick for captain. The ONLY reason I prefer OEL is ego stroke for contract negotiations.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
You fine lads, are coming around

I was always happy about the trade. I was pretty sure the value was pretty even but we needed a vet top 6 Center BADLY.

We didn't exactly trade from a position of strength but with the moves we made, I was confident this was a good step by the organization.

Reactions: SniperHF

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I'll be shocked if the Coyotes end up regretting the Stepan trade. He's the best center they've had since Daymond Langkow, maybe since Roenick.

Derek Stepan's career-high for goals is 22. If Keller is as good as he's looked and the top line remains Domi-Stepan-Keller, I see Stepan setting a new personal best, but let's say he hits 22.

In the 20 seasons the Coyotes have been in Arizona, only seven total centers scored at least 22 goals. Roenick was the only one who did it multiple times. Peter Mueller wasn't really a center, either, and though Briere and Comrie were technically centermen, they probably belonged on the wing. The remaining three are Langkow, Vermette and Travis Green.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I remember him primarily as a center but that memory could very well be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad