GDT: 2017 NHL Draft - With The 2nd Overall Pick, The Philadelphia Flyers Select... (Pt. 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Russell ended up at 4x4 with a modified NTC in the last 2 years.

The reported 5, 4.5, 4, 2.5 salary structure is fine because .35 of 5 is 1.75, and the 1.5 drop in the final year is less than that.

https://businessofhockey.wordpress.com/2016/10/19/nhl-contract-calculator-salary-variability-rules/

There are two variability rules that front loaded SPCs must satisfy. First, the salary variances of adjacent years cannot exceed 35% of the salary in the first year of the specific deal. This requirement holds true for both salaries increasing and decreasing. The second requirement is the year with the lowest total salary cannot be less than 50% of the year with the highest salary.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Alexei Lipanov signed with Barrie in the OHL. He'll very likely play with Andrei Svechnikov (expected top pick in the Import Draft & quite possibly the #1 in next year's NHL draft) there next year.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Another Russian going to the North American minor leagues. The usual suspects must be furious.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Alexei Lipanov signed with Barrie in the OHL. He'll very likely play with Andrei Svechnikov (expected top pick in the Import Draft & quite possibly the #1 in next year's NHL draft) there next year.

Wow, draft stock up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My goal is to have my 20,000th post here be my 1st comment after we make our pick.

So if I start just saying random **** over the next few hours please excuse me :laugh:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

Now before anyone says this is not credible, he has gotten stuff right before beat writers and others with the Eagles and Sixers, but usually doesn't break Flyers news

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Oh boy. Of all the guys to come out with it, it's Scott.

I don't generally think of him as wildly making up rumors, just creating drama. It might be because I pay zero attention to what he says, but I think I believe he heard it. Whether it's true or not, etc.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh boy. Of all the guys to come out with it, it's Scott.

I don't generally think of him as wildly making up rumors, just creating drama. It might be because I pay zero attention to what he says, but I think I believe he heard it. Whether it's true or not, etc.

How the **** am I supposed to sleep now? :laugh:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

Now before anyone says this is not credible, he has gotten stuff right before beat writers and others with the Eagles and Sixers, but usually doesn't break Flyers news

If they are concerned then so am I. That is no little injury. If they are concerned enough I would say make the trade. If he checked out I'd really like him on the team.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Look, I'm not a doctor and I cant tell the future, but if Nolan Patrick is healthy the rest of his career, I really think he's gonna be the best player in this draft.

If the Flyers have him there at 2 and dont take him or trade back, I'm gonna have to trust that they saw something that told them he will irrefutably have an injury prone future. That is the only way i could forgive passing on this guy.

That said, if we get Hischier instead, I'm also very happy.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If Vegas moves for #1OA and takes him, it solves that problem anyway. Not saying they would think more lightly of the injuries - just saying. This could all work out either way.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Kyle Scott has zero sources in the Flyers organization. Again...if the big ballers (i.e. Freidman/McKenzie/Dreger) haven't heard ****, no way that nobody knows anything.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
How the **** am I supposed to sleep now? :laugh:

Nah, go crash. Let's keep things in perspective. Kyle Scott is most famous for writing articles about Philadelphia sports radio behind the scenes drama that leaked onto the air.

Nothing significant has gotten out under Hextall. Nothing.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Nah, go crash. Let's keep things in perspective. Kyle Scott is most famous for writing articles about Philadelphia sports radio behind the scenes drama that leaked onto the air.

I can't anyway, I'm too hyped at the moment. And I'm having my sixth dip of the day. My mouth is about to fall off and I want to see what happens with that, in addition to the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad