GDT: 2017 NHL Draft - With The 2nd Overall Pick, The Philadelphia Flyers Select... (Pt. 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Figured i'd make a GDT for all of the shenanigans today since the draft thread, the misc. thread, and the trade rumor thread are all molding into one.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS' 2017 ENTRY DRAFT PICKS​
Round | Pick No. | Original Owner | Trade(s) | Selection
1|2 |Philadelphia | Results of the draft lottery | Nolan Patrick
1| 27| Washington (St. Louis) | Brayden Schenn | Morgan Frost
2|44 |Philadelphia | --
3|75 |Philadelphia | --
3|80 | Boston | Zac Rinaldo
4|106 |Philadelphia | --
4|107 |Tampa Bay | Mark Streit
4| 108 | NY Islanders| 2016 fourth
5|137 |Philadelphia | --
6|168 |Philadelphia | --
7| 196**|Los Angeles (Tampa Bay)| Mark Streit
7|199 |Philadelphia | --

Last edited by a moderator:

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Cool, a centralized thread!

So I'll ask it here as well. Per a rumor in one of the other threads...

Legitimate question, as I don't know much about the guy....Why would Galchenyuk be the centerpiece of a trade for one of the top three picks in the draft? I guess I would assume any deal would have more pieces, but just looking at basic stats, he seems good but not great? What's his current contract status?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Legitimate question, as I don't know much about the guy....Why would Galchenyuk be the centerpiece of a trade for one of the top three picks in the draft? I guess I would assume any deal would have more pieces, but just looking at basic stats, he seems good but not great? What's his current contract status?

Good question, and I don't know the answer on his worth really, because I don't think as highly of him as most people do. As to why he would be traded for one of the top three picks, I can answer you: he won't. It was an Eklund rumor and Eklund is so full of **** that his breath steams brown in winter.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

he's a good player, but Nico and Nolan will both be better imo. 3rd pick i might move maybe, but not 1 or 2. if the Flyers had the 3rd OV pick it might be something to consider since the 3rd and 4th best players available are arguably D. but we can't pass up on Hischier/Patrick. they are everything this team needs right now. unless someone makes an incredibly stupid offer and significantly overpays, then no.

WestrnPhlyr

Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
Good question, and I don't know the answer on his worth really, because I don't think as highly of him as most people do. As to why he would be traded for one of the top three picks, I can answer you: he won't. It was an Eklund rumor and Eklund is so full of **** that his breath steams brown in winter.

Oh yeah, it was...nuff said, I withdraw the question. :laugh:

Although the Montreal homers on the main boards really want him gone therefore seem to be really overvaluing him from the looks of it.

WestrnPhlyr

Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
he's a good player, but Nico and Nolan will both be better imo. 3rd pick i might move maybe, but not 1 or 2. if the Flyers had the 3rd OV pick it might be something to consider since the 3rd and 4th best players available are arguably D. but we can't pass up on Hischier/Patrick. they are everything this team needs right now. unless someone makes an incredibly stupid offer and significantly overpays, then no.

Totally agree on Nico/Nolan, I thought maybe others were seeing something I wasn't (which wouldn't be hard to do) with regards to Galchenyuk.

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
NJ fan coming in peace.

Enjoy the draft everyone, never forget how lucky both of our teams are to be able to make such a selection. We can hate each other tomorrow lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They are getting ready for the draft viewing parties in NJ.

hazmat_06.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad