2017 NHL Draft Thread **Isles Draft 15th/Traded to VGK**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I don't think anyone can blame Garth for this one. Sakic wants an over payment. No one else has met the price either though so... take that for what it is worth. It might take a GM change for a deal to happen.

Exactly. It's not just Snow.

The fact that Pat Brisson is getting involved now should say something is wrong. I wonder if he goes to Nashville, pisses off Sakic, and he trades him to NYI instead.

:naughty:

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Amazed the Isles didn't trade back up into the 1st round with Tolvanen and Kostin still available at 30 & 31. Tolvanen is an amazing pick by Nashville at 30, total steal. One of the best snipers in the draft. So jealous of Nashville. They finish with the same EXACT record as us, were Stanley Cup Finalists, still had a 1st round pick (not lost in expansion draft like us), and get a Friggen gem at #30.

That's how you run a franchise, while that clown Snow does nothing with the assets he fought mightily to protect by losing a 1st round pick for. Then the idiot tries to oversell Hamonic, while the supposedly interested Flames and Leafs probably laughed at his demands. If Snow can't land Duchene or Galchenyuk by trading Hamonic + in the next few days, his summer has to be considered a failure. Though I like Eberle, his cap hit hurts us if we aren't trading assets to make the team better. I do consider Eberle an improvement over Strome (thus making the team a little better), that one move alone isn't enough.

Nashville still had their pick because they ended up sacrificing James Neal. Not saying it was or wasn't the right move but Poile opted to keep younger, cheaper players and held onto their first rounder.

And I like Tolvanen. I think he is going to develop well in college. He unloaded shots because he had to in the past. Give him at least two years to learn and grow, like Kunin, who I really liked last year and was hoping would fall to the Isles, and I think you see a more well-rounded player.

If Snow can't make a deal or sign a player when the season starts, to at least hold the fort while Barzal develops or retain assets to move in-season for a difference maker, then I will be disappointed. I would prefer to see something done tomorrow but we will have to see.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Well garth is hanging onto hamonic which, intheory, , could mean hes going to wait a litle for this one. Which is fine, if this moron gets fired. Sakic is a lunatic and a terrible GM.

The interesting thing is neither GM (Sakic and Snow) HAS to trade Duchene or Hamonic. Both are under contract for several years. But they've put themselves out there by letting it be known both are available.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

The fact that Pat Brisson is getting involved now should say something is wrong. I wonder if he goes to Nashville, pisses off Sakic, and he trades him to NYI instead.

Where and when did you hear Pat Brisson got involved?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

This is one of those times I wish I had a fake Brisson Twitter account. I'd cuss bomb Sakic until he gave us Duchene for free. (kidding of course)
Where and when did you hear Pat Brisson got involved?

He went to the preds table after the 1st round was over (buried in the tweets here somewhere...)

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
i hope someone falls to us or we trade up, id love Ratcliffe or hague

Is it really worth trading up at this point considering we could use every asset possible and the players from 2nd round on down have a less than 50% shot of becoming regular NHLers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad