Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Arizona is not catching NJ, despite the somewhat close point totals. They have a road heavy schedule against some of the best in the East. Luckily Dallas got a huge win last night, but we need the Nucks to get a couple of wins here

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Arizona is not catching NJ, despite the somewhat close point totals. They have a road heavy schedule against some of the best in the East. Luckily Dallas got a huge win last night, but we need the Nucks to get a couple of wins here

I've got a feeling we won't finish 3rd worst. I can see Colorado, AZ, Vancouver, and Dallas all finishing lower than us, maybe even Detroit.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I've got a feeling we won't finish 3rd worst. I can see Colorado, AZ, Vancouver, and Dallas all finishing lower than us, maybe even Detroit.

Colorado and AZ will finish below us, but it will be really hard for the Devils to pass 3 teams here. They're behind all of them right now, so they will have to play really well, and those teams will all have to play not great or worse. Dallas and Detroit are 3 points up on NJ at the moment, that's a hard lead to surpass with 10-11 games left.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Colorado and AZ will finish below us, but it will be really hard for the Devils to pass 3 teams here. They're behind all of them right now, so they will have to play really well, and those teams will all have to play not great or worse. Dallas and Detroit are 3 points up on NJ at the moment, that's a hard lead to surpass with 10-11 games left.

Vancouver has 1 more point than us and has been playing terrible hockey. Dallas has 4 and Detroit has 3 so you're probably right. I'd say Vancouver has the hardest schedule of remaining games though with us having the second hardest.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Craig down on Tippett, Comotois and Hague.

Any of the forwards in that 3-7 group would be great. I'm assuming the Devils won't win the lottery but that second group is still very talented and every one could become an important player for the team. I could be wrong but I don't see Vilardi as the pick, if only because I've read he has skating issues and wouldn't fit the team identity. We likely won't have a 1C but any of those players could be top6 forwards for us.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Hischier would be a godsend for this team's center depth. It also would possibly allow for the Devils to move McLeod to RW if needed

alexei lipanov would be a high potential pick with the 2nd but it seems like he's moving up and might not make it that far

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I have to imagine the Devils have Tippet well scouted considering we have his two buddies under control.

I was interested in Tippett because I feel the devils need a sniper pretty bad and heard/read some bad things about him. It's only 1 game but....was not impressed with Tippett whatsoever.

I'm not some pro scout or someone who watched a ton of prospects so I won't try to give a detailed analysis but I'll just say he looked like someone who got his goals purely from his shot being too good for the league he's playing in. Not someone I'm willing to risk using a top 5 pick on.

I'm going to try to watch him in the playoffs and Vilardi as well, even though my opinion has 0 effect on who the devils will end up drafting :laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Martin Necas at 3? Wow.

From Bob McKenzie's rankings from late January: http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-has-decided-edge-in-tsn-hockey-mid-season-draft-ranking-1.661533

8. Czech forward Martin Necas, who played at the recently completed world junior championship, was as high as third in the eyes of one scout and as low as 29 in the eyes of another. He's a skilled playmaking forward.

Very wide range of opinions on the top 10. Reminds me a little bit of 2010 where picks 4-12 seemed like they could have gone in any order.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Wonder how much of a lingering effect the mono has had on Liljegren.

I can't believe how players can put a halfway decent season together after mono. I had it early in the spring of my senior year of HS and it ruined me. Wasn't allowed to play the whole lacrosse season. Apparently your spleen gets enlarged and could rupture from impact, so no contact sports.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I want us to draft a forward because i'm not enticed by any of the defencemen at the top of the first round, there's better value to be had later in the draft.

The order of the guys I want is:

1) Hischier
2) Patrick
3) Vilardi
4) Mittlestadt
5) Glass
6) Pettersson
7) Necas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events