2017 NFL Off-Season News Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cowboys moving La'El Collins to RT from what it seems like this offseason.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
that was supposed to happen anyways, wasn't it?
It was the original plan. Collins hasn't really impressed yet, so they were going to play him at LG until Free retired. Not sure how the whole RT thing will work out, not totally convinced Collins is an NFL starter at tackle.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It was the original plan. Collins hasn't really impressed yet, so they were going to play him at LG until Free retired. Not sure how the whole RT thing will work out, not totally convinced Collins is an NFL starter at tackle.

Really? He was so damn good with LSU. God you guys were lucky getting a top 5 prospect as an undrafted free agent.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings signed Michael Floyd to a one year deal.

He could start or not make it out of preseason and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

This is a Patterson/Johnson replacement, but the fact they went hard after Jeffery too tells me they're not too confident in Treadwell.

They also drafted 2 WRs, albeit in the 5th and 7th, but one of them will be their new KR, and I don't think is Treadwell related. That coupled with Floyd probably does spell the end of Jarius Wright, however. Which I don't get, I think he's a solid depth guy and they gave him a new contract last summer only to healthy scratch him most of the year.

Diggs
Thielen
Treadwell
Floyd
2 of Wright/Adams/Coley/Boehringer/Fruechte

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Vikings signed Michael Floyd to a one year deal.

He could start or not make it out of preseason and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

This is a Patterson/Johnson replacement, but the fact they went hard after Jeffery too tells me they're not too confident in Treadwell.

They also drafted 2 WRs, albeit in the 5th and 7th, but one of them will be their new KR, and I don't think is Treadwell related. That coupled with Floyd probably does spell the end of Jarius Wright, however. Which I don't get, I think he's a solid depth guy and they gave him a new contract last summer only to healthy scratch him most of the year.

Diggs
Thielen
Treadwell
Floyd
2 of Wright/Adams/Coley/Boehringer/Fruechte

The leg break Treadwell had has robbed him worse than I thought it would.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would've loved Floyd on the Vikings a few years ago but it's hard to get too excited now with his drop off in play and off the field issues. I thought he might turn it around with the Pats but he looked even worse than he did with the Cardinals. It's a low risk move though and they could use the competition at the position so I'm fine with it.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The leg break Treadwell had has robbed him worse than I thought it would.

He had a foot/ankle injury in the offseason, that I don't think was related to the leg break, and it hampered him throughout camp. And while he was dealing with that Thielen emerged and Patterson actually became somewhat a useful WR, so they passed him on the depth chart.

Add in that some WR develop slower than others and was willing to give him a mulligan for last season. What concerns me is that they threw so much money at Jeffery when they just drafted a WR in the 1st round, had to pay Thielen and will have to pay Diggs probably after next year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Josh Gordon's reinstatement application denied, can re-apply in the fall.

Browns are also reportedly open to keeping him if/when he is allowed to play again.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
http://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/12/15628112/tom-brady-madden-18-curse-history-rob-gronkowski-patriots

Tom Brady plans to play for six or seven more years, according to New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, but another hurdle was put in the quarterback’s path Friday morning with the announcement that he will be on the cover of EA’s Madden 18.

3d5.gif

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Madden Curse... weird cause Megatron broke the single season record for yards/had an all time great year the season he was named as the cover athlete.

Wasn't Gronk on the cover when he broke his arm then got the infection from surgery?

EDIT:

Madden 17: Rob Gronkowski
8 games: 25 catches, 540 yards, 3 TDs

The Madden curse bit Gronk right out of the gate. He missed the season's first two games due to a hamstring injury and simply wasn’t himself in the next two weeks, either. Once he finally got healthy and was playing at a high level (averaging 21.6 yards per catch), the injury bug bit again. He suffered a back injury later in the season that required surgery and landed him on injured reserve.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/madden-nfl-curse-cover-athlete-ranked-least-most-seasons-2018-051217

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Madden Curse... weird cause Megatron broke the single season record for yards/had an all time great year the season he was named as the cover athlete.

Detroit went 4-12 that year, Megatron sure had a great individual season but the team went nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad