2017 NFL Off-Season News Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Meh. The Redskins waited until the 24th hour to finally pony up.

Kirk fulfilled every single obligation he had to the team and I never heard him once scream in the press.

Don't understand how fans can revolt against him. The Redskins kind of set themselves up for this over the course of two years.

Lol what? How about an actual winning record (not barely)? How about a playoff victory?

How is he going to do without his two superstar receivers in Desean and garçon? Can he put up the same numbers without superstar players?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Meh. The Redskins waited until the 24th hour to finally pony up.

Kirk fulfilled every single obligation he had to the team and I never heard him once scream in the press.

Don't understand how fans can revolt against him. The Redskins kind of set themselves up for this over the course of two years.

And it's the Redskins.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Lol what? How about an actual winning record (not barely)? How about a playoff victory?

How is he going to do without his two superstar receivers in Desean and garçon? Can he put up the same numbers without superstar players?

Putting aside the winz talk, on what planet is Garcon a superstar? He's broken 1k yards twice in 9 seasons despite playing with Cousins and Manning.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Good Move: Trying to convince your fans you did everything you could to retain him

Bad Move: Putting your team President up to speak about the difficult negotiations to keep "Kurt" Cousins.

If he means that much to your organization, maybe you could get his name right.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Lol ok cousins. Okay haha

Depends on what the guaranteed money was. I can see why Cousins' camp wasn't going for it if it was the same misleading $53M guaranteed the Redskins put out there.

I still don't fully believe in Cousins and I don't think he's as good as his numbers might suggest but he's going to get paid next year. Some team (Niners) will give him a massive contract so I think it's smart for him to wait.

Schefter says they should trade him right now.

Sep 19, 2008
Guess Kawakami is still going to be around

Disappointed to see this from what seems to be a solid publication.

Don't see the problem with him, now Ratto on the other hand is a severe irritant to many :laugh:

I think it's because Ratto often supplements his pieces with appearing on TV while Kawakami is largely known as a sportswriter IMO

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I really need Jerry or Jason to put Zeke in timeout or something until we play the giants.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Armonty Bryant hit with 3rd suspension since start of 2016 season. :amazed:

from espn.com:

Detroit Lions defensive end Armonty Bryant was suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the third time he has been suspended since the start of last season.

Bryant, then with the Cleveland Browns, was suspended for the first four games of last season for violating the NFL's policy against performance-enhancing drugs. The Browns released him when his suspension ended. The Lions claimed him on waivers in October.

He was suspended three games in November, also for violating the substance abuse policy.

In this most recent suspension, the NFL said Bryant will be eligible to return to the Lions' active roster on Monday, Oct. 2, and is eligible to participate in all of the team's preseason practices and games.

Bryant, 27, became a free agent after the season and re-signed with the Lions in March on a one-year, $855,000 contract with $40,000 guaranteed.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Good Move: Trying to convince your fans you did everything you could to retain him

Bad Move: Putting your team President up to speak about the difficult negotiations to keep "Kurt" Cousins.

If he means that much to your organization, maybe you could get his name right.

Bruce Allen for you. Ahhh, if only they kept Scoty Mac around.

Lol ok cousins. Okay haha

Can't blame the guy after Carr just signed his new deal, Luck signed a massive one last year, Manning/Rivers before that etc etc. Stafford is going to surpass Carr's deal within the next 6 months so he's likely waiting for that to happen.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Kinda strange that Stafford is only 6 months older than Cousins. I get you have to pay your QBs, but damn am I glad Cam's contract is settled for four more years where he won't be a FA until he's 32.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Kinda strange that Stafford is only 6 months older than Cousins. I get you have to pay your QBs, but damn am I glad Cam's contract is settled for four more years where he won't be a FA until he's 32.

Kinda weird two that as little as 18 months ago the papers in Detroit basically were good with Stafford leaving and going a different direction. What a change.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Kinda weird two that as little as 18 months ago the papers in Detroit basically were good with Stafford leaving and going a different direction. What a change.

That's what happens you find a good oc that can cater his system to a QB's strengths. Stafford works best with spread formations, moving throwing platforms and defined route combinations. That's why he's so good in up tempo situations. All instinct and talent.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Losing Megatron and adding Cooter have improved Stafford a bit.

You can go as far to say he was the main reason the Lions even made the playoffs last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad