2017 MLB Trade Deadline Speculation Thread

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know how Hand is comparable considering teams felt that was a ridiculous ask.

All I mean is that Osuna wouldn't be traded for anything less than a massive package. I just doubt a team would be in the market for Hand, think his asking price was unreasonable and then say 'Well we couldn't get the conversation started for Brad Hand but let me kick the tires on Osuna instead.'

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Bruce and Granderson clear waivers, Bruce has a no-trade clause to 8 teams, out of the playoff contenders they include the Yankees, Diamondbacks and Rays, the other teams are all sub .500

Verlander has also cleared waivers though his contract and full no-trade clause will make him hard to move in August

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The #Mariners have acquired RHP Ryan Garton & C Mike Marjama from TB in exchange for LHP Anthony Misiewicz, INF Luis Rengifo & PTBNL.

Dipoto making two trades already today.

Here we go...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I know it means nothing since he would have been pulled back but no one claimed Harper on the waivers?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
All I mean is that Osuna wouldn't be traded for anything less than a massive package. I just doubt a team would be in the market for Hand, think his asking price was unreasonable and then say 'Well we couldn't get the conversation started for Brad Hand but let me kick the tires on Osuna instead.'

I feel like teams would be comfortable paying a high price for Osuna.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

'Stros are the front runners, would be good for them to have a vet pitcher for the playoffs and for the next few years.

The Tigers really need a rebuild but man oh man is it going to be a pain paying Miggy 30 mil + for the next 4 years (2022 is the first team option IIRC) while he continues to decline.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Miguel Gonzalez to the Rangers.

Leonys Martin to the Cubs. As if Schwarber-Jay-Almora-Happ-Heyward-Zobrist is not enough OF depth...although with Russell being out for the probably of the season (they said at least 3 more weeks tonight), that puts 1 of Zobrist/Happ at 2B.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Mets sign free agent Nori Aoki who was released by the Jays a few days ago. Mets need outfielders to close this season and what I've seen of Taijeron he is not major league quality offensively/defensively

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Deadline? What deadline? Cardinals trade for Juan Nicasio giving up Eliezer Alvarez who may have been squeezed out due to the 40 man this offseason.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The Phillies get a free prospect because the Pirates wanted to spite the Brewers.

You can't make this **** up.
I called it cheap at the time. Turns out it was just idiocy instead.

“Instead of taking somebody's 52nd-best prospect and placing (Nicasio) with a competitor that may help them win in the postseason and generate revenue for next year, our thought was we'd take the opportunity to see if we can place him in the American League,†Huntington said.
:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad