2017 MLB Trade Deadline Speculation Thread

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
With the trade deadline a little over two weeks away and at the suggestion of rangerssharks I thought it might not be a bad idea to have a specific thread for any trade rumors and speculation. Have at it!

Last edited by a moderator:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Braves will have Dickey, Garcia, Adams, Markakis, Jace Peterson, and Adams on the block. The one (somewhat) shocker:

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports today (Thursday) published a rumor regarding Teheran, writing “Teams in need of starting pitchers, including the Astros, have been calling the Atlanta Braves about Teheran, as they search for alternatives to the obvious top available duo of Quintana and Gray. The Braves seem to be willing to consider anything, and while last year they eventually told teams that Teheran would be staying put (and he did), they haven’t absolutely ruled out a trade for Teheran to this point.”

http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2017/07/06/would-braves-really-trade-teheran-sure-they-would/

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Astros would be going after wrong Cole if they ask about Hamels. They should pony up for Gerrit Cole.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I'm expecting both JD Martinez and Justin Wilson to go. Possibly Alex Avila(which is pretty crazy in itself).

Wildcard is Ian Kinsler.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I expect Tommy Kahnle and David Robertson to be next guys out of South Side

Also think they will look to move Todd Frazier before deadline as well

And possibly Melky

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If I had to guess which closer the Nats choose (assuming they match the asking price) it would be iglesias from the Reds. Under control for a few more years

Since Robertson isn't coming to DC (Nats owners blocked multiple deals and publically said they won't accept a trade for him due to his money) and colome of the Rays is in a pennant race, it doesn't leave many options

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Astros would be going after wrong Cole if they ask about Hamels. They should pony up for Gerrit Cole.
Hamels already rejected Houston before he was traded to Texas so I'm sure Luhnow has no interest in him anymore. Plus, if he(possibly his Wife) rejected Houston, not sure why they would accept this time(yes they're contenders but he already has a ring from Phillly right?Plus I think they were slight contenders when he was traded to Texas. It's not like he rejected a trade to a bad Houston team.). Won't happen because they're rivals or maybe they ask for a lot more then from other teams which would make the Astros pass but with me being Japanese, I would love it if the Astros got Darvish.

I wouldn't want Garrit Cole. I have a feeling they end up with Sonny Gray.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Pineda done for the year. Add the Yankees as a buyer. I wonder what they'd be willing to give up for Happ.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
really hope the A's don't rush to deal gray for some crappy prospects. do the cubs even have a farm system at this point?

with the season he's having so far i think they'd just be better off keeping him

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Gray has been great his last 3 starts. If he impresses again tonight, and with his track record prior to last season, I could see a bidding war occur.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad