GDT: 2017 free agent frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Vatrano's line through 83 career games averaging 12:44 minutes.

18 goals/29 points/215 SOG (344 Attempts)/112 hits

Even if he shows just marginal improvement, he's probably a decent middle-6 option that can pot 20 and play at a good tempo. Last year he was the shiny new toy. Lofty expectations. All things considered, I think he's doing just fine. Even better than fine for an undrafted 2nd year pro still on his entry level contract.

I want to see Backes at center and a veteran free agent winger like Vanek brought in for Krejci.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Probably doesn't belong in this thread.

I'll vouch for him

Can we have him for Donato? I always thought Dvorak was the guy the scouts were talking about in the 2014 Behind the B draft episode when they were raving about a guy with 'so much skill'.

I'm thinking this is a deal for Spooner+?

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yup the leafs are doing a good job. Luckily they're the leafs so they'll screw it up somehow. I don't understand Montreal at all right now...

Leafs are set up really well. Lupul, JVR, komerov, Bozak coming off the books next year, with Nylander and a few of the younger D on RFA to re-up. Then Matthews, Marner and Gardiner the year after. They can certainly afford the Marleau deal.

Montreal, I agree. Don't understand what they are doing on D. Top heavy F group with no real C's or prospects. $18M tied to two aging players starting next year in Price and Weber...

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If people keep banking on "the Leafs always **** it up" they haven't been paying attention to how that organization has been run the last few years.

It's a huge jump to go from playoff team to Cup contender, but they are all set up for a long time to at least make the dance.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If people keep banking on "the Leafs always **** it up" they haven't been paying attention to how that organization has been run the last few years.

It's a huge jump to go from playoff team to Cup contender, but they are all set up for a long time to at least make the dance.

Yeah I don't get it either. They make deals for overpriced older FA and it's a mistake. We do it and it's a great move that will pay off. They have a bunch of young guys that will hit sophomore slumps, our guys will build upon their rookie seasons and do better.

This team will be around for a long time.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

This reminds me of the "Burkey's got 'em going now" posts comparing the post-lockout Leafs to the Bruins.

They have no defense, no depth, no prospects. They have 3 great, great young players and then a lot of nothing.

Anyone who thinks they're not going to screw it up hasn't been paying attention to how that organization has been run the last few generations.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This reminds me of the "Burkey's got 'em going now" posts comparing the post-lockout Leafs to the Bruins.

They have no defense, no depth, no prospects. They have 3 great, great young players and then a lot of nothing.

Anyone who thinks they're not going to screw it up hasn't been paying attention to how that organization has been run the last few generations.

How are they going to screw it up?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Why do we have an issue augmenting with vets to the point where we belittle other teams for doing so?

If I'm a Bruin veteran I'm not enamoured with the strategy of throwing darts at a prospect board and hoping they ALL stick. Our scoring is woeful after the first line and we have a limited window with our core - yeah, augmenting would be awful.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
One thing I know is that it will be very tough for them to reach 2013 game #7 level of screw it up ever again. :laugh:

Meh, the past does nothing for me. I mean it's fun and all to poke fun at other teams signing and stuff I get it.

I laugh however when people make fun of Torontos prospect pool when all their guys are basically pretty young. Their prospect pool is now playing in the NHL

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Great news with the Radulov signing in Dallas.

Habs just lost their best player. :handclap:

No C.
No puck moving D.
No prospect.

It's a very good time to not be a Habs fan!

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Great news with the Radulov signing in Dallas.

Habs just lost their best player. :handclap:

No C.
No puck moving D.
No prospect.

It's a very good time to not be a Habs fan!

They do have Price however.....

Honestly they are making a ton of moves but not many that I actually think are going to improve the club. Not sure what direction they are moving to. Hopefully its as unsuccessful as it looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad