2017 Football Thread III: End of an Eli

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"I would like to thank the New York Football Giants for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing franchise for the past twenty-three years. My time here has been filled with many great memories. Thank you John and the Mara family, Steve and the Tisch family for your confidence in me for so many seasons.

I want to extend my deepest gratitude to Tom Coughlin and Ben McAdoo for their commitment to the NYG and my time working with them. I'm thankful to the late George Young, who hired me, and to Ernie Accorsi for grooming me. Many thanks to the front office, personnel staff, support staff, scouts, coaches, and current and former players for your dedication to a first class organization. My family, friends and many fans that have supported me, and I sincerely appreciate all of you. I am truly grateful and blessed for my time with the NYG. All the best to you. Go Giants."

Classy statement by Jerry Reese. Telling silence from McAdoo....

Reese is insanely classy. He’s a great guy. The giddiness over his firing by Ed Valentine on BBV was really quite disgusting, actually.

Two rings, helped build a quality team, but it was time to go for him. Just like it was for TC. Just like it is for Eli. All of them should be ROH folks.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Eli going back under center confirmed. Sounds like Webb will get reps but he's "not ready yet", so in future games.

We're drafting a QB. Not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe not optimal?

Who do we like? Rosen? Darnold if he enters? Should we look at Jackson? Trade down for Mayfield? Trade further down for Josh Allen?

Wait 'til next year and draft Tyree Jackson in the 6th round? Yes please :P

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Making an Eli/Engram stack lineup in DFS this week. I don't think it's crazy to expect him to come out with a vengeance on Sunday, and for the team as a whole to rally for him.

Prediction:
28/37, 325 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT

I love Snacks

Last edited:
Reactions: belford222

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Eli going back under center confirmed. Sounds like Webb will get reps but he's "not ready yet", so in future games.

We're drafting a QB. Not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe not optimal?

Who do we like? Rosen? Darnold if he enters? Should we look at Jackson? Trade down for Mayfield? Trade further down for Josh Allen?

Wait 'til next year and draft Tyree Jackson in the 6th round? Yes please :P

Where are you trading further down for Allen at? He’s a top 15 pick.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
As a Norwegian, football matches being played in heavy snowfall isn't that rare, but Bills - Colts... Are they really this unprepared? Don't they have some kind of a snow plow (even a makeshift one) available for these kind of occurences? How hard can it be to summon 30 guys with a snow shovel during one of the stoppages?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Looking good for 2nd now.

If the Broncos win today just need them to lose at Indy next week because I think right now the Colts SOS at quick glance is weaker than the Giants. So if both were to finish 3-13 the Colts would pick ahead of them

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
As a Norwegian, football matches being played in heavy snowfall isn't that rare, but Bills - Colts... Are they really this unprepared? Don't they have some kind of a snow plow (even a makeshift one) available for these kind of occurences? How hard can it be to summon 30 guys with a snow shovel during one of the stoppages?
They have all sorts of fancy equipment. The field however is 120 yards long and over 53 yards wide. Commercial breaks are like 3-4 minutes. There's no way to clear a field manually in that time, and something like a snow plow would just devastate the turf. They'll clear off the hashmarks and maybe the ten yard lines when they have a chance, but that's really all you can do. Also, playing in terrible conditions is kind of a part of the mythos of American football. People like watching it.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
They have all sorts of fancy equipment. The field however is 120 yards long and over 53 yards wide. Commercial breaks are like 3-4 minutes. There's no way to clear a field manually in that time, and something like a snow plow would just devastate the turf. They'll clear off the hashmarks and maybe the ten yard lines when they have a chance, but that's really all you can do. Also, playing in terrible conditions is kind of a part of the mythos of American football. People like watching it.

There is nothing better than a snow game with THAT kind of hard snow. It's the most fun form of a football game out there, IMO.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I also just read a report of the game on ESPN and it said the snow didn't start sticking to the field until and hour before kickoff and that the crew was on the field at every break, but it was coming down too hard to keep clear.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
Gettleman as the GM is really heating up according to a couple of sources via Twitter. Which would be pretty terrible if you ask me. Going back to a Giants guy who was here under Reese doesn’t inspire much confidence.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Jets need a new GM and coach. They have been in charge for 3 years. No progress. No QB. Nothing. Such a nondescript franchise. They are the worst NY franchise. I am not counting the 3 satellite teams. Awful. There is no plan or direction. Another wasted season. You don’t see them getting better anytime soon either. Sad situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad