OT: 2017 Football Thread I: Jets trade Richardson to Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYGBleedBlueNYR

Mar 16, 2010
Heyo, didn't know where to put this.

I'll be fairly busy throughout the next couple of weeks. I'll have very little time when I'm not on the go. I'll still be able to watch football, but that time inbetween of catching up on general team news/discussion will be faded. Just wondering if there are any good podcasts surrounding the Giants. I'm sure there's a fair number, but just looking for another fans opinion on a 'good' one. I've been listening to the CBS fantasy ones for a fair bit

Cheers fellas.

I listen to different podcasts all day at work. I've found 3 Giants ones that I listen to.

Locked on Giants- Art Stapleton a Giants beat writer
Big Blue Chat - Pat Traina & Ed Valentine both Giants writers
NY Giants Weekly - This is Gotham Sports Network

They're all solid but none are great imo. Ranaan is starting a Giants podcast for ESPN this year but it hasn't launched yet.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

I am really curious to see what happens with Dak when he doesn't have Zeke back there with him. McFadden no scrub, but, I think teams are going to be more willing to sit on the throwing game.

Details falling in slowly, but seems most likely that if the 6 game suspension is continuously upheld in court, he'll likely be suspended games 2 through 7. Seems most likely he's on the field Sunday night.

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Even as an Eagles fan, I think it's silly that Zeke would be on the field Week 1 vs. you guys.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Elliot doesn't scare me honestly. Snacks is amazing and OV and JPP are excellent run stopping DEs.

In that case no RB scares you. Elliott is right there with Johnson and Bell.

kennglin13

Oct 4, 2008
So with football season around the corner I figure this is a nice place to ask the question, every year I do a pick em pool by the spread with my friends for all the NFL games. Do any of you all recommend any people to follow on Twitter that could help given me some in-depth analaysis on each game? Fantasy counts too.

As a Jets fan, fantasy and office pools are all I have until hockey season starts

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Every year people talk about the college QB who's going to be a stud in the NFL. Aside from the Mannings, who was the last QB drafted #1 overall to win a superbowl? It doesn't matter who the Jets draft when their front office is such crap.

It's no guarantee that a #1 spent on a Qb who isn't worthy of being a #1 will result in a flat out super bowl bc it's a team game and if the QB isn't worthy of that #1 spot (or worse, is a bust) then it murders a franchise.

But it certainly does a great deal to help a team if they land a true franchise QB with the top pick.

If your question was "When is the last time a player was the top pick, had the hype of a Manning, played up to the hype and got to the super bowl" it'd be more reasonable.

Either way the answer is "The sample size is small and makes this question unimportant compared to the real issue: making sure a team is put around this QB assuming he's worth the hype"

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Running backs other than real all purpose guys like DJ/Bell barely even matter. The Cowboys were 3.5 point favorites for the past week when he was suspended. Now that he's officially in for week 1 they've moved to 4 points. Half a point to the pointspread for one of the best RB in the league. Conversely the Colts dropped 6 points when Luck was declared out.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Running backs other than real all purpose guys like DJ/Bell barely even matter. The Cowboys were 3.5 point favorites for the past week when he was suspended. Now that he's officially in for week 1 they've moved to 4 points. Half a point to the pointspread for one of the best RB in the league. Conversely the Colts dropped 6 points when Luck was declared out.

How are you running your DFS model when ESPN/Fox don't have their weekly projections out :rant:

CBS launched their's today. Loves Cousins/Pryor stack. I'm also trying to be heavy in OAK/TEN this week. Carr/Cooper stack.

Do you build your own? I'm going to need to build my own, aren't I? I don't have the time for that :rant:

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
How are you running your DFS model when ESPN/Fox don't have their weekly projections out :rant:

CBS launched their's today. Loves Cousins/Pryor stack. I'm also trying to be heavy in OAK/TEN this week. Carr/Cooper stack.

Do you build your own? I'm going to need to build my own, aren't I? I don't have the time for that :rant:

There's other subscription sites that have. I mostly just use them as reference though and read/listen to a lot of things. Not sure I really trust ESPN

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anyone besides me enjoying enormously this shellacking the ****ing arrogant ass Patsies are taking tonight courtesy of the KC Chiefs....eh? Yeah I'm a frustrated Jets fan and admittedly my hatred for that team comes mostly due to enviousness of how successful they've been, but that said nothing gives me more joy for football purposes besides obviously a rare Jets win than a Patriots loss to whoever they play.

I tell you what with all the injuries they've suffered in preseason and now tonight with Hightower, maybe just maybe this 15-1 regular season predictions of them I've read ad nauseum from the so called "experts" and this coronation of them winning the SB again might just be a tad premature afterall. From my eyeballs, they looked like **** and very beatable by not just the Chiefs but by a few other teams on their schedule. Couldn't be more happier that at least for one week Patriot Nation will be all pissed off and their panties will be all tied in a knots...woo ****ing hoo....lol....:nod:

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Anyone besides me enjoying enormously this shellacking the ****ing arrogant ass Patsies are taking tonight courtesy of the KC Chiefs....eh? Yeah I'm a frustrated Jets fan and admittedly my hatred for that team comes mostly due to enviousness of how successful they've been, but that said nothing gives me more joy for football purposes besides obviously a rare Jets win than a Patriots loss to whoever they play.

I tell you what with all the injuries they've suffered in preseason and now tonight with Hightower, maybe just maybe this 15-1 regular season predictions of them I've read ad nauseum from the so called "experts" and this coronation of them winning the SB again might just be a tad premature afterall. From my eyeballs, they looked like **** and very beatable by not just the Chiefs but by a few other teams on their schedule. Couldn't be more happier that at least for one week Patriot Nation will be all pissed off and their panties will be all tied in a knots...woo ****ing hoo....lol....:nod:

you're welcome

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems like Alex Smith still wants his job.

I wanted Smith for the Jets a few years back. If I have my timeline right, instead they picked Smith. I was happy they picked Geno but I really though Smith would have been a perfect acquisition since they still had a really good defense.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I wanted Smith for the Jets a few years back. If I have my timeline right, instead they picked Smith. I was happy they picked Geno but I really though Smith would have been a perfect acquisition since they still had a really good defense.

"I wanted Smith but all I got was Smith."

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Haha, yeah, didn't even realize what I typed. I think you guys know what I mean though.

Typical thing for my team, ending up with the wrong Smith. We always end up with like the wrong brother and **** like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad