Prospect Info: 2017 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I really don't want them to draft Adam Foote's kid. Sorry I know I should be more grown up than this, but I hope he sucks just like I hope Claude Lemieux's kid is terrible.:laugh:

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Give me any of Patrick, Liljegren, Hischier, or Foote and I'm happy. Truthfully I'd love to get Hischier.

He's been compared to Datsyuk in the way that he can see the ice and control the tempo of a game. With us just losing Pav having someone that can bring even half as much to the table would be a welcome addition.

He's also apparently played well at the Hlinka as well as in some pre-season games for Halifax.

(Some reading on him for those that are interested)

http://thehockeywriters.com/nico-hischier-swiss-prospect/

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/moose-select-nico-hischier

Cam Russell said:
“He’s a Pavel Datsyuk type of player, he’s great offensively and strong defensively

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Give me any of Patrick, Liljegren, Hischier, or Foote and I'm happy. Truthfully I'd love to get Hischier.

He's been compared to Datsyuk in the way that he can see the ice and control the tempo of a game. With us just losing Pav having someone that can bring even half as much to the table would be a welcome addition.

He's also apparently played well at the Hlinka as well as in some pre-season games for Halifax.

(Some reading on him for those that are interested)

http://thehockeywriters.com/nico-hischier-swiss-prospect/

http://halifaxmooseheads.ca/article/moose-select-nico-hischier

I don't think we are a particularly good team, but I also don't see us drafting in the top three or four this year.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think we are a particularly good team, but I also don't see us drafting in the top three or four this year.
Yeah, not yet. But any combination of injuries might actually put us in unfamiliar territory (top 10).

I am not familiar with this draft yet, but I'm hoping for defense first and maybe in 2018 we get a top forward.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Yeah, not yet. But any combination of injuries might actually put us in unfamiliar territory (top 10).

I am not familiar with this draft yet, but I'm hoping for defense first and maybe in 2018 we get a top forward.

I think there is a very good chance that we sniff the top 10 even without major injuries.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I think there is a very good chance that we sniff the top 10 even without major injuries.

I'm thinking 15th, is that overly optimistic? (Scary thought lol)

Nielsen is an excellent band-aid.... this forward group has enough depth for Mrazek to work with. An ineffective powerplay could easily put us in the top 10, though I suppose.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'm thinking 15th, is that overly optimistic? (Scary thought lol)

Nielsen is an excellent band-aid.... this forward group has enough depth for Mrazek to work with. An ineffective powerplay could easily put us in the top 10, though I suppose.

You are probably right. Based on last year's standings, we would need to be about 10 points worse than last year to be in the bottom 10 of the league (although I do see some clear risers from below). I think the PP is all but guaranteed to be better and that is probably worth a dozen points. We do probably need an injury bug to be in the bottom 10.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
(My opinion)

1st round targets:

Erik Brannstrom
David Farrance
Michael Rasmussen
Nico Hischier
Jusso Valimaki
Artyom Minulin

2nd round targets:

Max Gildon
Luke Martin
Antonie Crete-Belzile
Cale Fleury
Grant Mismash
Josh Norris

3rd or later

Ryan Poehling
Matteo Pietroniro
Reilly Walsh
Robert Thomas
Cayden Primeau
Mackenzie Entwistle
Philip Kemp
Nate Knoepke

Yes, there are a lot of USNTDP guys on the list. Maybe it's my bias.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
(My opinion)

1st round targets:

Erik Brannstrom
David Farrance
Michael Rasmussen
Nico Hischier
Jusso Valimaki
Artyom Minulin

2nd round targets:

Max Gildon
Luke Martin
Antonie Crete-Belzile
Cale Fleury
Grant Mismash
Josh Norris

3rd or later

Ryan Poehling
Matteo Pietroniro
Reilly Walsh
Robert Thomas
Cayden Primeau
Mackenzie Entwistle
Philip Kemp
Nate Knoepke

Yes, there are a lot of USNTDP guys on the list. Maybe it's my bias.

I think Gildon will be 1st rounder.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Elias Pettersson is really good, those 29 players ahead of him must be quite exceptional. I bet he ends up top-15.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Almost always heavily favor drafting C and D early in the draft, especially with how many wingers we have, but I would make an exception for Kostin if he was to fall out of top 10.

edit- was thinking Strome too, but man his skating looks baaaaad. Much worse than Dylan's was.

Last edited:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Almost always heavily favor drafting C and D early in the draft, especially with how many wingers we have, but I would make an exception for Kostin if he was to fall out of top 10.

edit- was thinking Strome too, but man his skating looks baaaaad. Much worse than Dylan's was.

I don't know much about Kostin, but large Russian Wingers wouldn't be high on my list.

Strome plays a good game, I just don't know how it will translate to the NHL. Rather not draft a guy with a major problem to overcome(skating).

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Could Detroit still sign Luke Kirwin or has that window passed and he;s back in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad