Zadina

Zboril - Hajek
Kalina - Hronek
Budik - Hrdinka
Vala

Vladar
Ruzicka
Skarek
I believe that the coach chooses well, will naturally have a bit tangled head with Musil. Of the other players on my eyes Jašek and for me it is a disappointment. The boy did almost no progress, and given that it is played on a small pitch and is not strong, so to WCH by me not going. Compared with Lakatos and Kaše is the player far worse.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Kase-Necas-Lakatos
Stransky-Chlapik-Zadina
Kodytek-Spacek-Michnac
Reichel-Soustal-Jasek
Kubik

Zboril-Hronek
Hajek-Vala
Budik-Kalina
Kvasnicka

Vladar
Stezka
Skarek

Tried to make the lines balanced.
I really wonder what the very first nomination will look like. Will Michnac, Kvasnicka and Kubik make it? And what about Werbik, Zachar or Suchy? Also curious about that Adam Musil situation.

I agree with everything there but Michnac. They will take euro guys ahead of him. Probably Koblizek. Rightfully so anyways.

Kodytek is a big maybe for me. Very small player although very skilled. Would be more suitable on the larger ice surface rather then NA size.

Jasek.... I thought he was always really good but I guess he has really regressed in the last year or so. Not impressive at all. I would be ok with Musil taking his place I guess... Would probably play with Spacek. They both play in Red Deer. That could actually work out really well.

Other then that, im all for it. Reichel and Kubik are very intrigueing additions. Would love to see them both play on the big stage.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
But he's played for Canada already hasn't he? Or was it just Ivan Hlinka so it didn't count?

yes he definitely has played at ivan hlinka. and he also played for Canada Pacific U17. Not sure what that means for his chance at playing for Czechs.
I think it would be cool to have him. I just dont know where he would go. He hasnt played all that well the last couple of years. Maybe as a 4th line center... But I already have Soustal there. An I think hes a better player. Plus he has more WJC experience...

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
None of those tourneys were IIHF sanctioned, so he'd be elegible for the Czechs in theory.
I mean, i don't how he compares to Soustal, but if we're talking about 4th liners, then maybe better to lock him up cuz you never know if he might turn into a valuable player for the senior NT at some point in the future.
Soustal is not going anywhere...
Still, there's some time left till the WJC, enough for the kids to make their case.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
None of those tourneys were IIHF sanctioned, so he'd be elegible for the Czechs in theory.
I mean, i don't how he compares to Soustal, but if we're talking about 4th liners, then maybe better to lock him up cuz you never know if he might turn into a valuable player for the senior NT at some point in the future.
Soustal is not going anywhere...
Still, there's some time left till the WJC, enough for the kids to make their case.

Good point... That would make sense. There's just something about Soustals game that I really like though haha. But I wont cry if Musil makes it ahead of him.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Is Kase injured?

Most likely. Sucks, but I think we have depth good enough to make up for it. Last year's Vrana and Karabacek injuries hurt the team much more. (And there still wasn't anything official, so there's a hope he will be ready for the WJC.)

I am really interested in the Musil case... would be be great if he played for us.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Most likely. Sucks, but I think we have depth good enough to make up for it. Last year's Vrana and Karabacek injuries hurt the team much more. (And there still wasn't anything official, so there's a hope he will be ready for the WJC.)

I am really interested in the Musil case... would be be great if he played for us.

It is still a big loss for sure. He's been playing pretty good this year. There's still a chance for Zacha apparently though... I'm more interested in that then anything else :)

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Any word on ondrej kachyna making team Czech rep?

Unlikely. He would need to shine in BOTH U19 and U20.

Not official, but this might be the U20 camp selection.
No Zadina :cry: and no Stezka...
David Kase is in, but not sure if that means anything. Adam Musil also in.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Unlikely. He would need to shine in BOTH U19 and U20.

Not official, but this might be the U20 camp selection.
No Zadina :cry: and no Stezka...
David Kase is in, but not sure if that means anything. Adam Musil also in.

I'm ok with this selection to be honest. The only surprise for me is Stezka obviously. But that's it. Too bad no Zadina but he is still very young.
If these are the only guys left off, I'm happy. It's been way more controversial in the past. Let's just hope there's no controversial cuts haha.

This is likely the first year where we don't have a real weakness though. We look good from top to bottom. Now imagine we get Zacha?? Damn...

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I'm ok with this selection to be honest. The only surprise for me is Stezka obviously. But that's it. Too bad no Zadina but he is still very young.
If these are the only guys left off, I'm happy. It's been way more controversial in the past. Let's just hope there's no controversial cuts haha.

This is likely the first year where we don't have a real weakness though. We look good from top to bottom. Now imagine we get Zacha?? Damn...

Odd that Stezka wasn't even invited to the U19... he is having a pretty good season. Zadina's season is kinda dissapointing, but he always played well with the czech national team. Wish he at least got into the U19 tournament.

No real weakness, but no real strenght either. Maybe goaltending I guess. We lack difference makers.

I am very excited to see Hronek, who looked VERY impressive in one of the U20 tournament this year, he is the only real offensive defenseman we have. Also Lakatos, who is now one of the top forwards in Liberec.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Odd that Stezka wasn't even invited to the U19... he is having a pretty good season. Zadina's season is kinda dissapointing, but he always played well with the czech national team. Wish he at least got into the U19 tournament.

No real weakness, but no real strenght either. Maybe goaltending I guess. We lack difference makers.

I am very excited to see Hronek, who looked VERY impressive in one of the U20 tournament this year, he is the only real offensive defenseman we have. Also Lakatos, who is now one of the top forwards in Liberec.

I do not think we would have had a differential players forward. Spacek played by me last year already excellent WCH, I saw the highlights and the club and I'm really shine on him too curious. And Chlapík last year was lackluster, but this is also a great season. Lakatos, Stransky (the question of what should the statistics, not to be in a very weak team, but who pulls) Nečas in PP, everyone can positively surprise.
I look forward to Hronek course, its mobility is excellent, but there is also Zboril, Hajek, you too can support the attack.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

On paper, I might agree with this. But I personally see Spacek as a real difference maker. He was amazing last year and is a very underrated player overall.(also having a good season).
Zboril and Hronek are also possible difference makers for me. And like you said, goaltending(Vladar). Really cool to see Skarek there too. Super excited about this guy.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I do not think we would have had a differential players forward. Spacek played by me last year already excellent WCH, I saw the highlights and the club and I'm really shine on him too curious. And Chlapík last year was lackluster, but this is also a great season. Lakatos, Stransky (the question of what should the statistics, not to be in a very weak team, but who pulls) Nečas in PP, everyone can positively surprise.
I look forward to Hronek course, its mobility is excellent, but there is also Zboril, Hajek, you too can support the attack.

100% agree with all of this.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
That looks like a solid team in a year where the usual favourites look somewhat underwhelming. I'd say this team has a better chance than usual of taking home the gold.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
That looks like a solid team in a year where the usual favourites look somewhat underwhelming. I'd say this team has a better chance than usual of taking home the gold.

Underwelming? I'm not so convinced about that... Just looking at that USA roster and I don't see a great chance for us lol. I think we have to win our group to make it past the quarters this year (As usual).
Then we could maybe win a medal.
Avoiding USA and Canada in the quarters is key to our success. Not that we couldn't beat them, but I really don't like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad