Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
What about something around Duclair + Merkley for Simmonds? Of course, I've never been high on Merkley and a Duclair trade seems inevitable.
I love Simmonds, too....but he's not a fit here. Hopefully Fischer (who has 1 less goal & point than Simmonds currently) can grow into that type of player.

Reactions: BigDoaner

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I love Simmonds, too....but he's not a fit here. Hopefully Fischer (who has 1 less goal & point than Simmonds currently) can grow into that type of player.

I think they are a bit different style wise But their production similarity is interesting that you bring it up.

Fischer not only has only 1 fewer point, he's done it in less ice time. 2.3min vs 3.24min pp/TOI. 14.6min vs 17.8min per game.

If nothing else it seems we need to ramp up the Fischer hype train even more.

Reactions: Yandover

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I think they are a bit different style wise But their production similarity is interesting that you bring it up.

Fischer not only has only 1 fewer point, he's done it in less ice time. 2.3min vs 3.24min pp/TOI. 14.6min vs 17.8min per game.

Agree, maybe Fischer + Crouse = Simmonds

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

I think he struggled early on, at least at producing offense, but he's been very good after. His vision and playmaking aren't things I expected, I thought of him more as a power forward who could do very well right in front, but he's got more than that to offer on offense.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Any way we could pry Sam Reinhart out of Buffalo by taking on Moulson's contract? That contract's bad, but it would help us get to the cap floor next year, so there's some silver lining.
Is Rieder, Martinook & 2nd for Reinhart & Moulson even close?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Any way we could pry Sam Reinhart out of Buffalo by taking on Moulson's contract? That contract's bad, but it would help us get to the cap floor next year, so there's some silver lining.
Is Rieder, Martinook & 2nd for Reinhart & Moulson even close?

No, no its not.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
No, no its not.

Reinhart is certainly not worth a whole lot more. Lots of hype seeing how high he was drafted, but hasn’t done much at the NHL level, aside his 21 goal rookie season.

Duclair and a pick is where I see his value. Similar numbers (slightly better than duclairs) but a 2nd should offset that.

But I’d imagine he would benoaird with Duclair if brought in. Likely won’t happen

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I haven't gotten to Tucson to see any games (have a newborn, eats a lot of time and money haha), how has Crouse been? Is he looking like a potential top 6 guy? If he's doing well down there than that could open up some opportunities.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
He's been much better in the last 15 games, and I am excited to see him develop as a Hawk.

That said, players like Hjalms don't grow on trees, and he was a core part of the Cup teams.
I'm amazed at how little respect Hjalms gets for his role in the 3 Cups by fans of other clubs.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wedge is an RFA after the season and Raanta is a UFA.

Let's say Raanta comes back and keeps playing well. Wedge also playing well keeps earning time and they basically split.

Do you pay both and try and the run the tandem another year? Go for Wedge + another UFA who you won't have to give term? Go all in on Raanta and just keep Wedge till he's too expensive?

What's Raanta cost? 4x3? Does he get more being a UFA if there's demand? Wedge maybe 2x1 or 2x2? Vasilevskiy got 3.5x3 and he was an RFA. Jones got 3x3 a few years ago Not sure what other comps there are out there. Both those guys aren't exactly a 1:1 fit for our situation.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Depends on contact demand really. If they're both reasonable, why not keep both? If they aren't then keep the reasonable one, provided one doesn't separate from the other as the season goes on.

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's not a tandem in my mind. Raanta is our starter (he should have played last night too).

I'd guess 3M for Raanta and 1M or a shade below for Wedgewood.

Reactions: Sthlmyote
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad