Speculation: 2017 - 2018 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So I inadvertently click on a Chicago Steak website and now I get their adverts on every HF page. Terribly overpriced IMO. I can get prime for half the price at AJ's.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Why is Duclair STILL only able to avg 13 min?
I have no f***ing clue. One of the main selling points of getting rid of Tippet was the freeing of Duclair but that hasn't happened at all. I'm annoyed as hell with Tocchet but the fact that Duclair is getting the same treatment with a new head coach is definitely concerning and hints that he's doing something to draw the eye of sorrow upon himself.

Reactions: Yandover

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Also this, an extension of Del's post from the other day re: Mike Smith

Oct - 11 GP, 6-5-0, .930, 2.30
Nov - 10 GP, 5-3-1, .911, 3.08
Dec - 4 GP, 1-1-1, .871, 3.46

Flames fans are in for a rude awakening.

December will only get worse, January will be awful, February will be better, and March will be outstanding.

Calgary misses the playoffs by 3 points.

Oh, and he's doing this behind Mark Giordano, Dougie Hamilton, Travis Hamonic, and TJ Brodie.

Reactions: _Del_ and Jakey53

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Apparently we took a "very long look" at Sami Vatanen from Anaheim per Friedman, meaning it sounds like we are still on the look out for a RHD, which seems to indicate that we are probably looking to rid ourselves of our weakest RHD (Luke Schenn) and move Hjalmarsson to his natural LHD spot when healthy.
I liked that Anaheim/New Jersey trade for both teams. The Devils badly wanted a right-shot defender, with several players indicating they liked their chances for the playoffs if one landed in Newark. It’s probably a relief for Sami Vatanen that the rumours are finally over, since there’d been so many.
Arizona, Montreal and Toronto were among those that took very long looks at him.

31 Thoughts: Karlsson and Senators face big-picture questions - Sportsnet.ca

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Hmmm, I'm wondering if this would be a good idea (once Hjalmarsson returns)...

Chychrun - OEL
Hjalmarsson - Demers
Goligoski - Schenn​

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Hmmm, I'm wondering if this would be a good idea (once Hjalmarsson returns)...

Chychrun - OEL
Hjalmarsson - Demers
Goligoski - Schenn​

At some point before the deadline Chychrun should play on the top pair. That extra evaluation of hos potential could help on making any painful OEL decisions.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
So we were looking at...

OEL - Hjalmarsson
Chychrun - Vatanen
Goligoski - Demers

That's a very good, and very expensive, blueline.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
So people are saying Karlsson could potentially be traded.

And for the record; I don't want this to go down but I was thinking;

How do we feel about OEL+1st round pick 2018 for Karlsson?

Potential Chychrun-Karlsson pairing is intriguing.

I made this comment to a friend of mine trying to figure out Karlsson's worth. I feel like we'd be overpaying for, arguably, a slight upgrade at best.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
My strong preference is still for a Schenn upgrade. A guy like Schenn, but loads better. Justin Braun makes some sense. Tanev would've but I don't think Vancouver wants to go that way again. Hamonic would've been good too but Calgary way, way overpaid for him. Hell, maybe Connor Murphy would work.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My strong preference is still for a Schenn upgrade. A guy like Schenn, but loads better. Justin Braun makes some sense. Tanev would've but I don't think Vancouver wants to go that way again. Hamonic would've been good too but Calgary way, way overpaid for him. Hell, maybe Connor Murphy would work.

Those guys aren't like Schenn because they actually can play against top competition and suppress shots. Schenn doesn't do anything. Connor Murphy is not an upgrade on Schenn in any way.

KConn was previously fine but he somehow managed to lose a lot of speed and went from a Schlemko type to nearly useless. Both should probably be out of the league.

The Coyotes have zero trade ammo. The problem has to be fixed internally or via waiver/UFA.

So people are saying Karlsson could potentially be traded.

And for the record; I don't want this to go down but I was thinking;

How do we feel about OEL+1st round pick 2018 for Karlsson?

Potential Chychrun-Karlsson pairing is intriguing.

I made this comment to a friend of mine trying to figure out Karlsson's worth. I feel like we'd be overpaying for, arguably, a slight upgrade at best.

So you want to trade a top 5 pick - probably a franchise player or at least a good shot at one - to slightly upgrade the D for another year? Are you sure about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad