Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Really happy for Skinner and Estephan two fantastic players and people hopefully they can win the Memorial Cup. Interestingly none of the three leagues top teams will be in the Memorial Cup Moose Jaw, the Soo and Blainville.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Brossoit had very similar numbers as Skinner during his last WHL season. In fact, Brossoit had a better regular season save % at .917 vs Skinner's .914 and the same playoff save % at .935 but with Brossoit having a GAA of 1.82 vs 2.12. So, I'll save my enthusiasm until he actually makes the NHL or at least does well during training camp.

I could have sworn some of our prospect hawk-eyes thought he outplayed Wells during training camp last fall but for the obvious reasons was sent back to Junior.

For the Broncos...how fitting for a hockey team named "Broncos" from Saskatchewan won a Junior league championship this season. Pretty uplifting for not only Swift Current and the province of Saskatchewan, but the hockey community as a whole.

Reactions: Night Witch

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Anyone have some solid links or a link to thread on here about the impact of the CHL leagues potentially being liable to treat players as normal workers?

Seems like a good way to shrink the CHL.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Anyone have some solid links or a link to thread on here about the impact of the CHL leagues potentially being liable to treat players as normal workers?

Seems like a good way to shrink the CHL.

Is this a bad thing?

On a side note and not directed at you. Sports always baffles me because a big % of the fans are probably fiscally conservative/ free market/ small government/ small business/ low regulation individuals. Yet those same fans will call players looking for more $ greedy, or support the RFA rules/ salary cap and the draft. Basically, anything that is in the billionaire owners favour and against the players interest. Its so pecular that fans can be so different in how they treat players vs how they treat employees/ independent contractors in the real world. If a politician suggested half of the measures that are enacted in Sports in the real world, they would lose their lids (my income is capped at x amount?! I cant choose where I work?! You wont pay me to work?!). Its the most comical when looking at the NCAA and the US population (in particular the Souther States). Its like fans think its there money personally that is going to the millionaire players. For every $1 that a player doesnt get in a negotiation goes to a billionaire owner. I come to watch the player and the owners make money hand over fist regardless, so let the players take the $

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
If you want to make a run to Regina for tomorrow, you can catch the MC opening ceremonies. It's being held at Mosaic Stadium. Presenters include Rob Faulds and Jeff Marek of Sportsnet, and entertainers Tanya Kim and Brett Butt.

The Centennial Salute will be the largest, most spectacular celebration in the century-long history of the championship, a fitting kick-off event for the 100th Mastercard Memorial Cup. The production will feature premium entertainment including live performances by Brent Butt, Jess Moskaluke, Chad Brownlee and a special musical tribute to the Humboldt Broncos hockey team, featuring Jack Semple and the Regina Symphony. The show will culminate in a full-length live performance by the Eagles, including Vince Gill, followed by a huge closing fireworks display that will light up the sky over Mosaic Stadium.

Mastercard Memorial Cup organizers announce all-star hosts for opening ceremonies event – Regina Pats

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Is this a bad thing?

On a side note and not directed at you. Sports always baffles me because a big % of the fans are probably fiscally conservative/ free market/ small government/ small business/ low regulation individuals. Yet those same fans will call players looking for more $ greedy, or support the RFA rules/ salary cap and the draft. Basically, anything that is in the billionaire owners favour and against the players interest. Its so pecular that fans can be so different in how they treat players vs how they treat employees/ independent contractors in the real world. If a politician suggested half of the measures that are enacted in Sports in the real world, they would lose their lids (my income is capped at x amount?! I cant choose where I work?! You wont pay me to work?!). Its the most comical when looking at the NCAA and the US population (in particular the Souther States). Its like fans think its there money personally that is going to the millionaire players. For every $1 that a player doesnt get in a negotiation goes to a billionaire owner. I come to watch the player and the owners make money hand over fist regardless, so let the players take the $
If it means the CHL shrinking then ya it's a bad thing.

Reactions: SpoolCat

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Stuart Skinner named WHL goalie of the week: Broncos’ Stuart Skinner named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week – WHL Network

Teams Arrive in Regina for the 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup: Teams Arrive in Regina for the 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup – WHL Network

Coaches introductions: 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup: Meet the coaches – WHL Network

Regina Pats: History Lessons: Regina Pats: History Lessons – WHL Network

Regina's Sam Steel, Josh Mahura and Matt Bradley interviews: 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup: Pats’ Steel, Mahura, and Bradley meet the media – WHL Network

Swift Current Broncos: Survival of the Fittest: Swift Current Broncos: Survival of the Fittest – WHL Network

Swift Current's Glenn Gawdin, Tyler Steenbergen and Colby Sissons interviews: 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup: Broncos’ Gawdin, Steenbergen, and Sissons meet the media – WHL Network

Acadie-Bathurst Titan: At Long Last: Acadie-Bathurst Titan: At Long Last – Mastercard Memorial Cup

Hamilton Bulldogs: Top Dogs: Hamilton Bulldogs: Top Dogs – Mastercard Memorial Cup

Hamilton's Robert Thomas, Matthew Strome and Riley Stillman interviews: Hamilton Bulldogs – Day Before Tournament – Mastercard Memorial Cup

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Cameron Hebig (first round):
7 GP 6 G 2 A 8 PTS +5 8 PIM 36 SOG 46.2 FO% 1 PPGF 1 PPGA 2 GWG 0 SHGF 0 SHGA 3 First goals 0 Insurance goals 13 FO 6 FOW 1.14 PPG 1.14 PIMG

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Who are the favourites in this tourney? Swift seems to have the best regular-season record of all of the teams, plus the Dub is a tough league.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Stuart Skinner
Playoffs:
(First round): 7 GP 4-3 370:05 230 S 17 GA 2.76 GAA 0.926 SV% 1 SO
(Quarter-final): 7 GP 4-3 501:00 227 S 13 GA 1.56 GAA 0.943 SV% 3 SO
(Semi-final): 6 GP 4-2 369:22 205 S 18 GA 2.92 GAA 0.912 SV%
(Final): 6 GP 4-2 369:30 218 S 11 GA 1.79 GAA 0.950 SV% 2 SO

(Total): 26 GP 16-10 1609:57 880 S 59 GA 2.20 GAA 0.933 SV% 6 SO

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Estephan with 2 goals and 1 assist in his first game at the Memorial Cup. This guy will probably get a look at the AHL level next year.

I hope its in Bakersfield but we will probably sign another 34 yr old instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad