Prospect Info: 2017-2018 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Second season in a row with an Oiler prospect in the MC. But this one has 2 to choose from.

Swift Current joins Acadie-Bathurst (who won their series in 6 today), Hamilton (who upset SSM in 6 today) and host Regina.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Twenty-nine years ago today the Broncos won their only Memorial Cup (they won the Ed Chynoweth Cup in 1993 as well). Tonight they win the Ed Chynoweth Cup.

Reactions: oilers'72

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I wonder if him getting the hook in game 5 cost him a few votes.
Or the fact Gawdin is in his 5th full season with Swift, and is team captain.

Definitely pretty weird not seeing Skinner get it, usually the goalies get MVP if they dominate in the playoffs. 0% chance Swift wins the league if Skinner isn't between the pipes.

Oh well, he's saving the individual awards for the Memorial Cup! ;)

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
I have no idea how Skinner got snubbed from MVP. Gawdin had less points than two players who played only three rounds, barely was even the best forward on the team, as they are so deep that could go to a number of players.

Regardless, Skinner played fantastic and put up some crazy numbers. Excited to see what he can do in the Mem Cup and hopefully build on this for next year!

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I think it was very close between Gawdin and Skinner for MVP, but Gawdin got the nod for sentimentality's sake because it was his last game in Swift Current after 5 full seasons as a Bronco.

Last edited:

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Brossoit had very similar numbers as Skinner during his last WHL season. In fact, Brossoit had a better regular season save % at .917 vs Skinner's .914 and the same playoff save % at .935 but with Brossoit having a GAA of 1.82 vs 2.12. So, I'll save my enthusiasm until he actually makes the NHL or at least does well during training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->