2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Taromina, Holland, Froese, Terry, Carr, Lingren... Dont say the call-up thing, every AHL team have guys in the big league because of the call-ups... and bordeline NHler like Lernout, Jerabek, McCarron. Loosing again in the AHL this year was a hard thing to do... but Lefebvre seems to do it again

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Taromina, Holland, Froese, Terry, Carr, Lingren... Dont say the call-up thing, every AHL team have guys in the big league because of the call-ups... and bordeline NHler like Lernout, Jerabek, McCarron. Loosing again in the AHL this year was a hard thing to do... but Lefebvre seems to do it again

It would be great to hear that losing scherbak hurt them that much.

Jul 6, 2016
Does it happen in the AHL to see a coach being fired during a season ?

Rarely heard of it.

It would be great to hear that losing scherbak hurt them that much.

Scherbak, Froese and DLR should all be at AHL level.

Habs are really scared to lose DLR on waivers ? Come on !

Last edited by a moderator:

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

Only Taormina, Lindgren and Terry remains.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
Probably every other teams in the AHL have lost their top players to the nhl. But I'm not watching the games. I just want to know whey they are in a 6 winningless streak

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Probably every other teams in the AHL have lost their top players to the nhl. But I'm not watching the games. I just want to know whey they are in a 6 winningless streak

This is the lineup right now:

Audette-Eisenschmid-Terry
Veilleux-McCarron-Grégoire
Waked-Petti-Baun
Ebbing-Boucher

How many nhl quality prospects in their forward lineup?

what about that d-squad...

Taormina-Lernout
Parisi-Juulsen
Leblanc-Bourque
extra: Gélinas-Corrin

Juulsen just came back from a 2 months injury. (last game)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching the game. Really liked Juulsen's game despite the time off/rust. Thought for sure he was going to pick up his 1st pro point but Veilleux wasn't able to put it home.

Even with 6 points in the last 6 games... I was just disappointed last night watching him live. He grabbed an assist but besides that the only time he was noticeable was when he attempted two large hits early in the game. He controls the puck well because of his size.. But with his skating and size he shouldn't even need crazy skill to be dominant.

As for Audette, I know he's not anything special but last night he was the most noticeable player. He was skating hard, getting smoked but getting right back on the puck. I wouldn't call it a great game for him but I would call him the hardest worker on the team last night along with Petti. As for the final goal you could clearly tell he thought it was an easy save for Lindgren and was waiting for the odd man rush back. I was completely shocked Lindgren let that in as well. And Lindgren was mad at no one but himself.

I think anyone needs a lot of skill to dominate a top league like the AHL. If not for McCarron's screen on the PP not sure that puck goes in. He was decent from what I saw. Not sure why he's not more physical but we don't know what he's been told to work on. He certainly scored a very nice goal the previous game. Plus he's had some crappy linemates at times. That said he may never be more then a 4th liner for us. Habs should have handled him better imo.

I like Audette's speed and he's got some hands but don't like the rest of his game. Lindgren didn't have the best game, the 1st and OT goals he has to stop.

Waked-Petti-Baun
Ebbing-Boucher

Well.. the lineup is bad up front now.

Can't wait for Scherbak and Froese to come back in Laval.

Getting Scherbak back in 2 or so weeks would be huge. Froese as well if he's sent back.

I don't get Lefebvre though, puts Eisenschmid on the top line when he's been out for 5+ weeks and has played only 5 games all season. Why not move McCarron up to the top line. Although I do like Eisenschmid if he can stay healthy.

Also not sure what the Habs saw in Waked, I would give Boucher more of a look as he's got good speed.

Only Taormina, Lindgren and Terry remains.

Holland was there for every game so far this season. Taormina was the AHL defensemen of the year, Jerabek spent most of the season with them. Terry, Carr, Holland, that's some of the better forwards in the AHL, they just didn't add enough depth to the rest of the forward group with Scherbak and Addison out.

That's almost funny :P

to his credit he did make an attempt right before that by sliding in front of a shot, it was a poor one since he totally missed it but A for effort I guess.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

So Cracknell on the first line.

surprised as that either means he's at center or they put Audette back at center, they could move Terry to center like they did last year. But better then having Eisenschmid on the top line as he's got to be rusty. Guess he'll drop down to 3rd line center and Petti to the 4th line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Big hit from McCarron, Lindgren sharp so far. 0-0 after 1. Also liked Juulsen, he got caught once but showed good speed to catch up to the forward and Lindgren made the glove save.

1-0 Crunch after 2. Defensive breakdown on the goal so not much Lindgren could do. Coaching staff showing a lot of trust in Juulsen already, had him out on the PK during the 5 on 3. Game has been more physical then most of their games this season.

2-0 Crunch as they were pouring it on and Lindgren got turned around.

2-1 final, Lindgren was their best player. Terry with a blast on the PP, he hammered that one home. Didn't notice Cracknell too much although he played a lot in all situations. RW mostly and Center on the PK. Impressed with Juulsen again.

Last edited:

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
When is it time to make a change in coaching staff in Laval? Seriously you can probably put Crosby and McJesus on Sylvain Lefebvre's team and he will find a way to lose!!!

Sylvain Lefebvre the New Teflon Man!

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
This is the lineup right now:

Waked-Petti-Baun
Ebbing-Boucher

How many nhl quality prospects in their forward lineup?

what about that d-squad...

Taormina-Lernout
Parisi-Juulsen
Leblanc-Bourque
extra: Gélinas-Corrin

Juulsen just came back from a 2 months injury. (last game)

this line up is weak for sure.

Jul 6, 2016
Big hit from McCarron, Lindgren sharp so far. 0-0 after 1. Also liked Juulsen, he got caught once but showed good speed to catch up to the forward and Lindgren made the glove save.

1-0 Crunch after 2. Defensive breakdown on the goal so not much Lindgren could do. Coaching staff showing a lot of trust in Juulsen already, had him out on the PK during the 5 on 3. Game has been more physical then most of their games this season.

2-0 Crunch as they were pouring it on and Lindgren got turned around.

2-1 final, Lindgren was their best player. Terry with a blast on the PP, he hammered that one home. Didn't notice Cracknell too much although he played a lot in all situations. RW mostly and Center on the PK. Impressed with Juulsen again.

I hope Juulsen will replace Benn next season, even at the end of this one.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

McCarron had emergency surgery. He got his ear cut severely by a skate.

McNiven gets the start tonight against Lehigh Valley.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
One forgoten player is Grégoire. He matched his point total of last year tonight. He now has 12 points in 18 games. Last year he ended up with 12 points in 56 games. He only turned 22 in September of this year. Still a legit prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad