2017-2018 Laval Rocket and Brampton Beast Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Seems like Lefebvre likes McNiven over Fucale

Probably. But Fucale's looked good so far. The game against Lehigh Valley was a bad one. But the ones he played in before, whether they won or lost, he was solid.

However, this time around, I think Lefebvre's plan was to have McNiven tonight and Fucale tomorrow. However with Lindgren now being sent back to Laval, I expect McNiven to go back to Brampton after tonight's game and possibly Lindgren will be in tomorrow instead of Fucale.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McCarron 2 goals in a 3-2 OT loss. Still putting in good effort after demotion.

Aside from those 2 goals in 7 seconds, he didn't do much. He hasn't been completely invisible. But there are games you notice him only a few times and the rest of the game, he's a non-factor.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Does anyone in Laval has an extra 2017-18 Rocket magnet schedule (that was handed out on opening night) that someone can send to me. I have sent a SASE to the Rocket marketing person prior to the season and he has not replied back and an email reply from him was not very kind from him either. Can send a magnet schedule from my team in exchange. PR me if you can help out. Trying to help my uncle out and I have not seen one on Ebay so far so I do not even know what it looks like or how big. Thanks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In other news......Laval still sucks with Lefebvre and this great impressive coaching staff behind. Come on Bergie...5 more years to Lefebvre. You know you want to. Stability man. Stability.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
McCarron 2 goals in a 3-2 OT loss. Still putting in good effort after demotion.

he's had a weird season, he's got 10 pts in 14 games, but 7 of those games he's been held pointless, 4 games he's had multi-point nights (8 pts total, all 2 pt games) and in 2 games he's picked up a single point. So he's had twice as many multi pt games then single pt games and half the time he's not picking up any pts despite being on one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

I liked his 1st goal from the last game but worry about his offensive game developing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

where did you see that as it's not listed on the AHL or ECHL transactions page. Granted I assume it has been done as I don't see why they would carry 3 goalies unless they were expecting to bring Lindgren back up for the back to back series wed/thru.

Also Laval signed Willie Corrin to a PTO as they called him up from Brampton.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
where did you see that as it's not listed on the AHL or ECHL transactions page. Granted I assume it has been done as I don't see why they would carry 3 goalies unless they were expecting to bring Lindgren back up for the back to back series wed/thru.

Also Laval signed Willie Corrin to a PTO as they called him up from Brampton.

It's weird because I was sure I read it somewhere. I thought I had posted a link to a tweet. I looked in this thread and the GDT thread for the Utica game, but nothing.

Officially, McNiven is still with the Rocket.

With McNiven, Ebbing, and Boucher currently with Laval, no Hab prospect is in Brampton. In fact, it's been more a Senators ECHL affiliate than a Montreal one lately.

Norfolk and Nashville have officially broken their affiliation mid-season. I don't know if Montreal and Brampton would split mid-season, but I see their affiliation ending this year and Brampton will be officially exclusive to Ottawa.

Reactions: Noofgoof

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
Aside from those 2 goals in 7 seconds, he didn't do much. He hasn't been completely invisible. But there are games you notice him only a few times and the rest of the game, he's a non-factor.
He plays a more physical and intense game in the AHL than what I’ve seen from him in the NHL. I Sort of disagree with you on his intensity. He looks good on the forecheck but limited ofensively. I think he needs a partner that drives the play. Audette is talented but not enough to control the pace most time and Grégoire (their partner last game) is very limited offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->