Line Combos: 2017-2018 Florida Panthers Opening Roster Discussion

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
There were countless nights last season where you'd go in there after a game and you could tell a loss didn't really bother them...it was basically like, "well that's another one"
It's safe to say Tom Rowe was not liked or respected by anyone there then?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Never thought of Barky as a vocal leader. Of course his on ice skill speaks for itself. Would've thought Huby over him. Whatever. He's my favorite Panther so I'm cool with it.

I was thinking Barkov during the 15/16 season, he's doesn't talk much but he was leading the team by his play, and that weighs a lot, or atleast should in my mind.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I was thinking Barkov during the 15/16 season, he's doesn't talk much but he was leading the team by his play, and that weighs a lot, or atleast should in my mind.

To me it looks like on the ice Trochek is the beating heart of the team. No matter the situation, even last season, dude is always 100% for the team. He’s the best candidate for C IMO.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
To me it looks like on the ice Trochek is the beating heart of the team. No matter the situation, even last season, dude is always 100% for the team. He’s the best candidate for C IMO.

He seems to play with his heart but he doesn't have Barkovs skills, to me during the Atlantic division championship year Barkov was a leader on the ice through his play, the play just went through him.
Which to me is a good reason to give him a A on chest.

For Tro maybe few years of maturung before giving him the C could be good, well MazKenzie has 2 years left on his contract :laugh:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I would be shocked to see Atkinson make UFA. Even if he does, I doubt he comes to Florida.
i never thought yandle would hit ufa but he did. so you never know, tho u could be right. and youre probably right that he wouldnt end up here, but if they really want him you know tallon isnt afraid of offering dollars and term. it is a need and if they think he could be that guy to help us reach that next level then i hope they try hard. it was evident they werent crazy about radulov if at all. i would expect good interest in atkinson.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012

Dmac (C)

Home A:
Yandle
Barkov

Away A:
Ekblad
Trochek

wouldve given an A to huberdeau instead of ekblad. and barkov is our best, and also our most important player, he obviously gets at least an A whether hes vocal or not. but huberdeau deserves a letter more so than ekblad. hopefully ekblad truly does, idk how to put it, "wise up" i guess? but all the stuff he said before was very disheartening to hear and not the words and actions of a leader to coast by and not try that hard and come into camp out of shape, etc. especially after signing a mega deal. but he sounds like last season was a humbling experience and he trained a lot this offseason, different housing situation, remaining more focused on work, better shape, better nutrition. so looks like hes on the right track now, but when we drafted him i saw a man at 18, and thought he had that natural leader quality to him, very well spoken, mature, and head on straight. so it was a shock to hear how he handled last season and i guess the years before that too to a lesser extent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad